Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Gambling My Freedom Away ❯ Hating A Winning Hand ( Prologue )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

TITLE: Gambling My Freedom Away

CHAPTER: Prologue

BY: Simply Kim

GENRE: Yaoi (Angst/Humor/AU)

CAST: Guys from Weiß and Schwarz... Oh yeah, and maybe the Crashers too if needed... heh, I really don't know...

DISCLAIMERS: The series I'm referring to do not belong to me… ^_^ only the weird story does.

PROLOGUE: HATING A WINNING HAND

Did I ever tell you that I hate this city?

I didn't? Well, now you know.

Reasons? Hmm. I actually have two very plausible reasons why just /thinking/ about this place makes me want to hurl.

First, every single nook and cranny reminds me of things I should've rather kept buried in the recesses of my soul... things that gave much pain - much sorrow. Even with the constant bout of laughter issuing around me, I cannot seem to crack even a slight smile of my own... brings back too many achingly worthy memories...

A particular smile that brought light into dreary nights...

A comforting hand that took all the pain away...

A strong voice filled with much passion that it literally took one's breath away...

Memories of what I once had - never to have again...

Oh, and the other reason why I hate this place?

I detest gambling houses.

It must've been just a spark of mishap in my part that triggered my penchant for hating a rowdy and robust place filled to the brim with salivating gangsters who did nothing but ogle the scantily clad working girls, who, in turn, did nothing but ogle the thugs with equal fervor to spot potential customers... An indecent place housing the finest array of card dealers and slot machines known to man, luring poor sods into its sinful lair with a strong effect that resembles a candy's to a child.

The card dealers - cheating bastards.

Their mere act of shuffling a fresh deck gives me the creeps.

Weird as it may seem, I'm probably the only one alive who hates seeing these legal criminals in action. I want to bonk them on the head as they artfully shuffle and give out a hand... a hand that would render another compulsive slob penniless.

So what am I doing in this helluva place, and sitting across a professional gambler as if I'm a pro myself?

Simple.

It's called revenge.

* * * * * * * *

TBC

* * * * * * * *

A/N: Hi guys, it's me again! ^______^ Got another fic idea and tried my hand on it... so, here's the result. Tell me if it's interesting enough okay? Thanks a lot! Reviews everyone!