Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Reality's Game ❯ Weiß Kreuz ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Same rules apply to this chapter, I do not own Weiß, but I do and will probably own this idea. Any violators will be prosecuted… (Ok maybe not but I'll get really pissed if you steal this idea and use it as your own.)

Note: Italics, represent thoughts of the person.

Chapter 2: Weiß Kreuz

Ran looked around the tiny flower shop known as the Koneko Sumu-Ie, and stifled a sigh.

Two years had passed since the day his parents had been generous enough to buy him the Virtual Reality system he had been yearning for and it took less than a week since the first time he had ever logged into the system that his life did a complete flip. No longer was he the avid gamers, trying to save up money for his dear sister's schooling. Now, he was a florist that was only during the daytime, at night he was an assassin. Weiß, a hunter of the night, that denied the black beasts their tomorrows. Fancy words, but they still boiled down to one thing, he was a killer.

How did he become a murderer? It's a simple explanation, but for Ran a painful one that he tried not to dwell on too much.

His parents were murdered. Why were they? Because a greedy man, by the name of Reiji Takatori, decided that his parents were in the way, so he had them removed. It was bad enough that the bastard didn't do it to them himself, but had hired hit men to do the dirty work for him. Bastard… maybe that was the wrong word to use, coward, yes… no, that wasn't right either. Cowardly, bastard, Ran gave a tiny smirk at that thought. The cowardly bastard also put his younger sister, Aya, into a coma, from the falling debris that landed around at the time of the explosion.

Ran shook his head, after all that had happened to him, he had joined an organization known as Kritiker in hopes of vengeance. Joined? It was more as if I was forced to be a part of them, Ran thought idly. There was one good that came out of it though, his sister was getting the best treatment in the world. If one wanted to call having their bed sheets changed every few days, the best treatment one could receive.

The organization accepted him with almost open arms and quickly got him into his training. Soon they found out that he excelled in the art of swordsmanship. A cumbersome skill, but it was one that fit him none the less. While he was training with the blade, they began to train him in other things. One being the language of flowers, which at that time it was happening he never understood it until he became part of his first real group. Weiß.

Weiß consisted of other men, whom were all part of Kritiker for some reason or another. They had told him why they were killers, but sometime along the way, he just stopped caring about anyone and tuned them out.

Ran glanced out of the corner of his eye and looked over briefly at the oldest man in the group. His name was Kudoh, Yohji. Former pi, and an obnoxious slacker, he claimed to have come to Kritiker after his partner died. A person whom he was in love with, but never had the gall to tell her. Now he was just some slut going from day to day, seeing how many dates he could get for whole week.

Of course, it didn't help any that he had the good looks and the charms to make any woman swoon.

He was tall. Shoulder length brown hair swooped down in waves, framing a face that was soft and almost girlish by nature. It shocked Ran that women would go after such a feminine looking man but then again he was almost like that also. The most remarkable part of his face were his eyes, a startling emerald green color that sparkled with such an intensity that made a person wonder if they were his natural color or contacts. He was lean and not very muscular but there was lankiness about him. The only thing that contrasted to that was he was graceful, as graceful as his code name; the Balinese cat.

What set Ran's teeth on edge the most about Yohji was the fact that the man never took anything seriously. He would only accept a mission if a woman was in trouble, and when one happened to come along, he would always be in a rush to get the job over almost a quickly as possible since he had scheduled a date prior before it happened. Never caring that he would have an early morning shift the next day, and that usually left Ran or one of the others left to cover for him.

Ran gave an imperceptible shake of his and moved his eyes once more around the shop. Soon enough his gaze landed on his next coworker, Ken Hidaka, other wise known as Siberian.

Ken, there wasn't really much about Ken that could be told. He ended up becoming a part of Kritiker after he was almost killed by someone in a burning building. He survived of course but he never got what he truly wanted, which was revenge. Revenge against the person who framed him when he had a whole life planned for him. A soccer player, one that was accepted into the J-league at a young age, was how it all happened to.

Ran wondered briefly, what it would have been like to be in the young man's shoes when it happened. To be accused of throwing a game with drugs and betting against his team, to the young man wasn't really something he could picture but it was something he tried to do on a daily basis since they were teammates now. He shook his head.

There was one thing that the young man had going for him, he never seemed to loose his smile, at least that is not when there were customer's around. They were very fond of him for some reason, there wasn't much to him with looks. He was like the normal boy next door. Medium, built like an athlete and had a slight bronze tint to his skin. Maybe it was the boy's eyes, a deep rich brown color that drew most of the women, or kids, to him, then again like said before his personality wasn't that bad, except that he was a little on the naïve side.

What seemed to shock Ran the most about the boy was even though he was a cold blooded killer when called into action, he still held a bit of his innocence about him, no matter what seemed to befall the nineteen year old.

Ran moved with looking around. There was no sense in him studying the young boy, too much, people might start to suspect things about him, that weren't true.

He was almost finished with gazing around the small flower shop when the chime above the door jingled, alerting them that some one had just stepped in. He looked over to see who it was, hoping that it was an actual customer coming in to buy something instead of hanging about giggling and pointing at the four men that worked there.

His eyes meet no one other than Omi, the youngest of them all and yet the seemingly innocent of them all.

Omi had no memory of who he was and how he became a member of Kritiker, but they do know one thing. The boy could hack.

One would never suspect that from the short, blond haired, blue eyed young man, but Bombay, as he was called during missions, could hack into any security system any computer in the world. A person would almost have to fear him for nothing was safe, technology wise, when he was around.

For that reason alone was probably why Kritiker kept him, he had no strength anywhere else. His main weapon was a dart, and he had nothing else to go for him but his searing genius or maybe he was only kept to keep the cover going. Who would suspect four men, one of who was still in high school to be dark beast killers, as they're boss called them. Assassins, now that was a term that applied to them much better than any sugar coating could do.

"Oi, Aya!" A male voice broke Ran from his thoughts. "Aya!" A tanned hand shot in front of Ran's face and waved causing the red head to involuntarily blink.

That's right, he thought to himself, I'm going by her name now. I'd almost forgot about that.

Ran looked up at Ken with a bland expression on his face. he was the only one within the group that didn't play the show and tell game. To him it was none of their business what brought him there. All he could think about was the revenge, he didn't have time to be nice and make friends. He had a job to do and he was going to make sure that he did it and that absolutely nothing got in his way.

Because of the man's distant attitude with his colleague, he would at times hear them speak about it him and on how he acted. It was never pleasant but he never really cared.

He gazed at Ken, "What, Ken?"

"It's about time you finally woke up Aya! I've been trying to get your attention for the last few minutes!" a hint of annoyance could be detected in the brunet's voice. "What were you doing?"

"Probably thinking about Sakura-chan and on what he would do to her once he got her on a real date." Yohji drawled out as he leaned against the counter. His arms were wrapped lazily against his chest while a smiled played over his lips in silent laughter.

Ran glared at the lazy playboy. He had absolutely no intention of ever doing anything with the fifteen-year-old Sakura. In fact, he didn't even want her to be around him anyway, she was a painful reminder of his sister, how she looked, how she acted. Everything.

How she formed a crush on the older man… he didn't even want to think about it. It was during a mission, she was a victim during it and he had a feeling that they weren't done with her, so he did the logical thing, he talked to her, sort of got close to her. Finally, his feeling came to fruit and she was taken. He went and rescued her, but ever since that day she hounded him, was always getting in his way and just down right annoying him.

After Yohji's comment, Ran decided to do what he normally did when he came face to face with Sakura. He ignored the ex pi and focused all of his attention on Ken. "What did you want Hidaka?" He said. His voice held that he had other things to do than sit here and listen to the two men unless it was important.

"I just wanted to let you know that there's an early delivery coming in today. You know, the new stock of coral-bells that we've been waiting for." Ken answered. "I thought you might like to know, so you don't run off. We'll definitely need your help to unload."

Ran gave an almost imperceptible nod as soon as the ex soccer player was finished speaking. Well, there goes me being able to visit Aya today, he growled mentally as he turned his back to the younger boy to finish the arrangement of flowers he was working on.

To the four men, any time they had an "early delivery" it meant that their informant Manx would soon visit them.

There would be times when they would secretly enjoy the fact that they had foreknowledge of her impending arrival, but there were also times that they loathed it. This happened to be one of those times, for Ran at least.

Ran glanced over at the small clock centered on the left-handed wall. It read ten after two, only a few hours until she arrived. A few measly hours left of their supposed freedom before they put the shackles of darkness around their wrists, binding them all together in the destruction of the evildoer.

A few minutes later Ran finished the small bouquet of flowers he was working on and was about to work on another one when the door chimes jingled.

Finally, the three hours went by, the afternoon rush died down and all was quiet in the store again as the four men began closing down the shop. While they were doing this, a young woman walked in.

She had shoulder length red hair, almost the same color of Ran's, at a swift glance a person would believe that she and Ran were in some way related but that wasn't the case. Her skin held the same pale quality as most auburn hair people held, but instead of the lavender colored eyes, the paleness of her skin only served to enhance her jade eyes.

Ran glanced up from the spot he was cleaning and gazed at the clock again. He almost groaned aloud when he realized that she was earlier than usual.

She fixed her light green eyes over at the four men. "Weiß, you have a mission."

~

"I told you to speed up the process!"

"I am! I have to take it slowly or they'll suspect something, especially the youngest one."

"We're not here to coddle them. I don't care if we fry their brains. We have to know soon, or else I'll have you join them."

An audible gulp could be heard in the tiny white room.

"H-hai… I … understand. I'll try my best to speed the process up. Is… there anything else you wish for me to do?"

"Find the anomaly that's lurking within our system."

"What should I do with it when it's found?"

"… Terminate it…"

Author's notes: Well now that, that is finished *giggles* bet all of you are wondering what I'm doing and where I'm going with this? Or have you already figured it out?

Schu: Oh come off of it they already know that you're planning to… *gets muffled by a hand*

*smiles sweetly* Now Schu if we tell them the plot then what's the point of them reading the fic?

Schu: *glares*

Anyway, how was it this time? Ah well *shrugs* like it review if not don't flame it.