Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Reality's Game ❯ The Mission Plan ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I don't own Weiß Kreuz. It's owned by Takehito, Koyasu.

Notes: Italics are thoughts throughout this story.

Reality's Game

Chapter 2: The Mission Plan

"Is everyone in?" Manx asked as she looked at the four assassins in turn.

After they all had voiced their acceptance of the mission, Manx nodded. "Good, I'll leave everything in your capable hands boys." She walked over to the VCR, popped out the now silent mission tape, and left the mission room. Her high heels clicking as she went.

As soon as the sharp beat of her shoes faded from the young men's hearing, Ken let out an explosive breath. "Oie, I can't believe this! How many missions have we had this week? Three? Four?" He groaned then looked at his teammates. "Are we the only ones who are actually doing any sort of work? What's with Kritiker lately?"

"Ken, quit bitching. If you don't like the mission, then you didn't have to accept it." Yohji said from his recliner as he pulled out a cigarette and lit it.

"I'm not bitching… just making an observation."

"Sounds like bitching to me." A trail of smoke followed that statement.

"I was not! Besides, why did you take this one on? It's not your style because of the lack of enemies to women."

Yohji inhaled the smoke from his cigarette for a moment then answered him. "I needed the money."

Ken rolled his eyes. "Anyway, as I was saying earlier. How many more of these damn missions are they going to throw at us this week? We have to rest sometime. Hell, our customers are beginning to suspect something. How long will it be before they start to ask questions about it?"

"Kenken, you're bitching again. Just be glad that we don't have to complete it within a certain time frame."

Omi who was sitting next to his computer, flipping through the mission file, to seeing if there was any other type of information needed. He paused when he came across a short note written to them from Persia. "Ah, Yohji-kun, actually we do."

"What?" Yohji half exclaimed.

Ken looked sharply at Omi. "What do you mean, Omi?"

"Yeah, I was just kidding with the time limit remark chibi." Yohji said.

"Don't call me that Yohji-kun, and I wasn't kidding. From the looks of the note in here," he tapped the file lightly. "Persia isn't either."

"How long do we have?" Ken asked.

"An hour." Was the young blonde's reply.

"Of all of the…" Yohji spluttered.

"He'd prefer that we did it in less time, but… an hour seems to be the max." Omi opened the file again and flipped to a certain page. "It seems that we'll be running against a security system that they use. This system, so it's reported, has a tendency to cut off at a certain time for a half an hour each night. That's supposed to be the period we can work with. However, Persia believes that if I work fast enough, I can get in there in the exact moment before it starts up again to cause another glitch, thus making the system behave as if it was that same time again. In the end, it basically gives us another half an hour to work with." He glanced at the two men.

"Hey, if we can do it once, then we can do it a few more times to make it even longer." Yohji said brightly.

"I wish we could, but unfortunately… we can't, or at least I can't." Omi said with a shake of his head.

"And why the hell not? You're the hacker genius after all."

"Yohji-kun, I've heard about this system before, on the news. It's the type of system where, if you fool it once or try to in any case and everything's fine, but the second you go to try the same trick again… what ever your system is, it's as good as burnt toast."

"Oh…"

Ran leaned against the wall by the stairs. The whole time the conversation went on between the three men, he hadn't spoken a single word. He saw no need to really, all he needed to do was listen, and that's just what he did.

Before anyone could speak another word, Ran pulled away from the wall, walked over to the seventeen year old Omi, and held out his hand. "Let me see that."

Omi sent him a questioning look but said nothing as he handed the file over to the red head.

Ran began to thumb through it.

"Hn…" There's even less information in here than normal. Ran thought to himself. Omi's right though we only have an hour to do this. He closed the folder. "We can do this." He said fingering the folder. "Omi, I want you to get on your computer and start gathering more information on this guy and the building he's in."

"Hai!" The kid acknowledged Ran's order, then turned to his computer, and began working.

"Wait a minute, Aya." Yohji lifted his hand to stall the pale man from speaking anymore. "We're just going to start on this like that?" He snapped his fingers in emphasis of his point.

Ken smirked at the lazy playboy. "Was our little Yotan expecting to slip away with not working? Perhaps in the hopes of meeting up with some woman?"

"Shut up Ken. No one asked you to speak up."

Ran ignored their bickering. "Ken, I want you to help Omi. He'll get you in there, just help him search for information."

Ken nodded and got to work helping Omi.

Ran looked over at Yohji, in time to see him begin to stretch and stand up.

"I think I'll just head to bed and get a bit of sleep before tonight."

"Kudoh, go finish cleaning the Koneko, that's more important than you sleeping the rest of the day away. Oh, and by the way, I'll be calling up your date in a few minutes and tell her you can't make it tonight. Does anyone know of an excuse that's good enough to use for canceling a date?"

"You could tell her that he has the runs." Ken piped up quickly.

"Aya!" Yohji tried to protest. "You can't do this to me!"

Without a single change in Ran's facial expression, he nodded, "Diarrhea, it is. Now, I'll be back in an hour or so. I want to see this building for myself." Ran walked up the stairs and out of the room.

As soon as Ran left, Ken and Omi glanced at one another and began laughing uncontrollably.

Yohji growled at the two laughing boys, and left as well. Although, he wasn't as silent as Ran had been, because only after a few minutes of him being gone they heard a loud bang. It was the door to the flower shop being slammed closed in anger.

~~~~

Silence reigned through out the night, except for the occasional chirping of the crickets, as well as the soft whispering of four men.

Ran, Ken, Omi, and Yohji stood together, almost huddled as they looked over a map that was currently being displayed on their hacker's personal laptop.

Now with the four of them being so close together as they were, it was surprising that no passer by was even mildly suspicious about their late night activities. Then again, a normal passer by wouldn't be paying too much attention with the way the four of them were dressed.

They were, of course, each dressed in their assassin's clothes.

Ran was in a pair of tight fitting black jeans, it was about the only time you would ever see the man in something that tight. A sleeveless black turtleneck was his shirt. Over all o f this, a knee length trench coat hung about him. Black as all the other clothing he wore and a pair of combat boots adorned his feet.

His whole outfit screamed Goth, but for tonight and all the nights he wore it no gothic club was ever graced with his presence. Besides, there was no way he would have been allowed in, especially with the evil looking Katana resting at his side.

The nineteen-year-old Ken stood next to the black garbed Ran and seemed to be a total opposite of him.

The said man looked as if here were about to go join an unofficial bike tournament with what he wore. A comfortable pair of blue jeans hugged his thighs. The brown shirt he wore looked soft and didn't cling tight to his chest. Old pair of shoes, which he had once said to the others, were his lucky pair, was on his feet. One was half tied.

There was one thing about his outfit that would on occasion cause one of his teammates to blink in confusion. It was an orange button up shirt that he insisted on tying around his waist. They said nothing about it though.

He also liked to wear his motorcycle jacket.

His weapon of choice, the bugnuks were a part of the gloves he wore. To activate them all he had to do was make a fist and four blade like claws would extend. He was the deadliest member in close range combat due to the versatility of his weapon.

Standing just a little bit apart from the two contrasting assassins, Yohji leaned against his car. A lit cigarette sat between his two fingers and he seemed to be half paying attention to what the other three were talking about.

He was dressed in plain black leather pants with a dark blue mid drift as his shirt. He was also wearing a floor length midnight blue trench coat with white crosses running down the sides of his sleeves. Even though it was dark at this time of night a pair of sunglasses framed his face, he wore those glasses almost all the time.

Now on a close inspection of him, it would seem as if he lacked in the weapons area, but he did have one. It was just disguised very well.

He wore a watch on his wrist and in that watch contained a thin wire that he used to tie up his victims, hang them, or choke them to death with just his two bare hands. He was a hangman without the gallows and highly proficient at it.

Omi looked at his laptop, deep in thought. His mind was rapidly going over the possibilities on how the mission could be played out. He chewed slightly on his lower lip, giving him more of an outward appearance of being a child than his choice in clothing did.

He wore a dark blue-black shirt with dark black shorts. A black jacket was worn over it and a bandanna wrapped around the top of his head. A pair of goggles fit snuggly over the bandanna. Other than that last article of clothing, one would think that he was a young child on his way home from the park on a slightly chilly autumn day.

He, like Yohji, carried no visible weapon upon him, yet in the interior of his jacket a bundle of poison tipped darts laid in wait for use. It wasn't the only weapon that the young man was skilled in using. He also had a crossbow as well as a bow and arrow, but for this mission all the seventeen year old needed was his darts since he wasn't going to be doing any actual killing.

Omi stopped chewing on his lip after only a few seconds. "From what Ken-kun and I could gather, this afternoon, is this whole building is protected by security guards and the system. Also it seems that our target has his residency here." He punched in a few keys, zooming in for a closer look at the top floor of the building. "This entire floor is his suite."

"Alright, what's the quickest way to gain access to him?" Ran asked.

Omi frowned thoughtfully, mulling over the question. He knew that it would have been brought up eventually, but he also had a feeling that his teammates weren't going to like the answer that he had. "I've found only one way to get there." He answered slowly.

"Which is that?"

"On the ninth floor there's a door way next to his office. It leads to a room where a single elevator is, nothing else. That's the only way to get to the upper level living quarters."

"What's so wrong with that, Omi?" Ken asked. "That'll save us sometime and energy that we'll need for when we do it."

"Maybe so, Ken-kun, but there's more."

"Oh?"

"The elevator is protected by a code that's tied into the system's mainframe, so whoever is going in has to be in there before it goes down."

"Huh?"

"We have to be in there before the system shuts down on its nightly glitch, otherwise we won't be able to get in. See, if we're get in there a minute or so before the system shuts down then the elevator has no choice but to open at the end, sort of a fail-safe device so the man isn't stuck in the elevator for a half an hour. We'll also need something to keep the doors from closing once we exit. If we don't we'll be stuck in the top level for the remainder of the time."

A wicked looking smirk appeared on Yohji's face as he listened to the details of the elevator. "You know, we have the perfect doorstop."

"What would that be Yohji?" Ken asked.

His smirk began to grow wider. "Why, you, Kenken. After all, it's the only thing that you're level of intelligence can handle." He gave an evil chuckle as Ken started to glare at him. "Ahh, the sweet taste of revenge. Don't you just love it, Ken?"

"Why you little!" Ken started to swear at the brunet, but was quickly cut off by Omi.

"Anyway," he said. He knew that if allowed the two men to continue with this type of bickering they would end up getting no where and time was rapidly hitting the time of when they should head out. "Yohji, we're not going to use Ken-kun as the wedge to keep the door from moving. I already brought something to do that. Ken-kun he didn't mean what he said."

"How long do we have until the system begins its shut down, Bombay?" Ran asked going into full mission mode.
"A little over an hour and a half."

"Ok, this is what we're going to do. Bombay, you're going to stay out here and work with the security system. Siberian, I want you to stay out here with Bombay to cover him just incase of any attack. Balinese and I will go after the target." He glanced at the three men. "Does anyone have any questions?"

"I do," Yohji said. "What's the code for that elevator?"

Omi held out a small piece of white paper. "I took the liberty of getting that this morning to save me the trouble of giving it over the COM."

Ran took the sheet and looked at it.

After he did so, he handed it to Yohji, who had his lighter out and ready. It was always better for them to burn any paper evidence they had with them, so no one would be able to find a trace of who they were and try to prosecute them for their actions. It also helped with the fact that Ran never needed to keep things on him since he had the ability to remember things, if only for a short time, verbatim.

A half an hour later, they were prepared and ready for this now simple assassination.

"Alright, is everyone ready?" Ran asked taking stock of the men. All the equipment was placed. "Remember, only take out the guards if you have to. I don't want any killing before the target's dead. Unwanted attention is never good." He stared at Yohji slightly, who just nodded in affirmation. "Lets go then."

With that, the two of them headed towards the building.

Author's Notes: Well now, another day, another chapter… and about damn time my muse worked better for me.

Schu: *sniffs* I needed a small vacation.

Right…. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter and I want to thank everyone who's been reviewing so far. I'll talk to you later. Ja ne.