Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ SECOND STRINGERS ❯ A Weiss Mission ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
SECOND STRINGERS
Chapter Two: A Weiß Mission
"You make ANY comment and I will kill you," Yohji threatened the rest of the Weiß team. Just to prove his point, he lightly fingered the watch on his wrist that held his razor wire. He met with no comments, but lots of cock-eyed looks and snickers. Even Aya, fearless leader, never talking, stone statue, Mr. I-Have-No-Emotions, was hard pressed to keep from laughing at this one. He already had given up any attempts at holding in his smirk. The smell helped stop the laughter though.
The thing that seemed so amusing to all the Weiß members, and even Manx who had come by to give them their next mission, before the last one had even been completed, was Yohji’s predicament. He and Ken had been chasing down Farfarello. The rival assassin had been on some sort of killing spree, targeting churches, convents, and even the occasional sidewalk preacher. He had given the two of them a run for their money and ended up leading them to a marina. There he lost them, but not before he dunked and nearly drowned Yohji in a tank of fish waste. Yohji was now standing in the doorway with a Ken who looked like he could die from laughing so hard. Which he had, no doubt, been doing the entire way home. Finally, after the room had settled down a little and Yohji had managed to pull some of the lager pieces of fish off of his clothing and from his hair, Ken was under control enough to speak.
"We lost Berserker and, and my car needs to be fumigated before it can be used again." He choked out and would have started laughing again if he hadn't been hit square in the face with a fish head.
"Listen up. We have a new mission," came the cold reply from the red headed leader standing in the corner. His voice held the icy tone it always did, yet as he looked into Yohji's eyes he smiled again. He couldn't help it. It was just too funny. Yohji made his way to Aya’s side. He leaned in, close enough to make Aya want to hold his breath, but also close enough that no one would hear his words. Yohji’s voice dropped in register to a tone that was arousing and menacing in turns.
“Keep it up Aya and you won’t be getting any for a VERY long time.” Aya shuddered, though from Yohji’s words or his smell, no one was sure.
"Um, yes. Let's start," Manx told the assassins as they fell in to their places. Yohji was allowed to claim the far spot, isolated, leaning against the wall, where Aya normally stood. It wasn’t kindness that allotted him the spot, more like self-preservation of every other nose in the room. The man really did reek of rotting fish.
"This mission is slightly different than what you’re used to. It's a recovery operation," she explained.
"That's not that new, we’ve done those quite a lot," Omi said to her in his too cheerful-for-my-line-of-work voice.
"Well, not exactly. This is what you have to retrieve." Manx pressed a button on the remote she was holding and the face of a young girl popped up on the screen. The photo was black and white. It looked like it might have been an old Kritiker ID picture. Her face was void of any emotion and her eyes stared out blankly from the thin wire framed glasses around them. "And we need her alive," Manx finished as she looked at the faces now trained on the screen.
All of them were looking with the detail absorbing eyes that only trained killers have. But, puzzlement also settled on their faces, and something akin to worry on the face of their leader. Manx knew why, but that wasn't important now, not to this mission, not yet anyway.
"This girl worked with Kritiker from the time she was 11 until approximately the age of fifteen, when she abruptly abandoned us. Her true loyalties were then identified as being with Esstet. She had been working undercover for them the entire time she was with us. She knows most of our secrets and all of theirs," Manx explained to the young men.
"That had to be at least three years ago. Why wasn't she dealt with at that time?" Ken asked, still studying the picture, trying to imagine what she would look like now, all these years later.
"There was no need. Almost as soon as she cut ties with us, she repeated the process by cutting off all ties with Esstet. Then she simply vanished. When she did reappear a year or so back, it was evident she wanted no part of either Esstet or Kritiker. And, since Esstet had no interest in her at that time, neither did we.
"Then why start up all of this again. I thought Esstet went under," Aya snapped at her with more than his usual disdain.
"Esstet never went completely under. They're trying to rebuild and they are also trying to bring in their previously forgotten, lost, or abandoned members." She pressed another button and the picture flashed to a different one. It showed another young girl, this one with a bright smile and long green hair framing her thin face and darkened eyes.
"The girl you are after is one of them. This girl was another," Manx motioned to the screen. "The only name we could identify her by is Tinkerbell. Originally, it was thought that they were trying to bring in three new, previously unneeded, or forgotten members. It has now been confirmed that only these two girls were on the targeting list. Schwarz already has this one. We need you to find the other before they get to her as well." Manx looked exhausted from trying to explain all that as fast as she had. They needed to move, and fast. She couldn't spend the rest of the night talking or they'd lose their only chance for sure.
"How are we going to find her?" Omi asked with mild curiosity. What he really wanted to know why it had been Schwarz that was going after these girls and not just some dummy Esstet group, but he knew that wouldn't get answered. It wasn't important to the mission.
"That is the easy part. We have kept a tab on her ever since she reappeared. Her lifestyle wasn't that hard to track." Another button was pressed and various pictures of clubs and bars flashed to the screen, as well as sleazy motels and street corners. She had become common trash, turning tricks and getting high instead of remaining in the real world.
"She can be found mostly at a club called Velvet Dreams. It's a hot spot rave place and moves around a lot. We have its location pinned down for tonight at least. That alone took us three weeks to do so we need you to move right now, and get her back her ASAP. If you move out now you should be able to get her back here before dawn. If not, we'll lose the club’s location, and her. Possibly for good. We just need one of you to pick her up, as a trick. Get her in your vehicle, and use a knockout on her to get her back here where I'll be waiting." Manx looked around at the men, well actually to her, three men and one boy. “The parameters of this mission, understandably, exclude Bombay,” she stated flatly. He looked slightly hurt but realized it was best. He was underage and couldn't get near the club, much less be convincing enough to pick up a hooker. Manx's eyes looked directly at Yohji instead.
"Sorry sister, not until I get a shower and some new clothes." And with that he headed off and up the stairs to the bathroom.
"We don't have that time to waste, not when we're battling against Schwarz here. So that leaves either Siberian or..." her eyes looked over at the tall, pale, figure hiding in the shadows. His eyes full of amethyst ice and a demeanor about him that just screamed, 'I'll kill you all'. "That just leaves Siberian." She concluded after realizing Aya would never succeed in a mission like this.
"I'm on it," Ken said. He had already removed his battle clothes and was loading one of Omi's knockout darts discreetly in to his khakis pocket. "I need to use someone else's car though, seriously, mine reeks. And I can’t pick anyone up on my motorcycle," he said as he cautiously looked at the resident Porsche driver with puppy dog eyes. Aya reluctantly held out his keys.
"If you screw up and I find even a hairline scratch on it, you’re dead," he told the younger brunette as he took the keys. His tone of voice ensured Ken that he was NOT kidding. He gingerly accepted the keys, got the directions and updated photo from Manx before leaving.
This was one assignment he just might like or, at least, one he really could 'get something' out of if he played it just right. With that thought and a wicked smile on his lips, he sped out of the garage and headed toward the Velvet Dreams rave club.