Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ SECOND STRINGERS ❯ Velvet Dreams ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
SECOND STRINGERS

Chapter Three: Velvet Dreams

‘mental thoughts’

Ken sighed lightly as he leaned against his borrowed Porsche. His eyes were scanning the crowd of people who were constantly flowing in and out of the club. Well, it was more of an abandoned building with flashing lights than a club. And filled to the brim with people looking to disappear, to forget, to remember, or who knows what else. He had tried to go in to that swirling mass of people, twice. He couldn’t make it past the bouncer. He looked like the typical nark. Or better yet, a rich kid wanting to have fun with no idea of what they were getting into. He certainly was not your average clubber, much less someone to frequent the best rave in all of Tokyo.

Finally, she came out and it was a good thing for him, too. He hadn't really wanted to go back and tell everyone he'd failed simply because he wasn't 'cool' enough to get in. Manx had been right when she first looked at Yohji for this mission, he would have already been back with her by now. 'Oh well, I'm in charge now,' Ken thought to himself. 'If I could only figure out how to pick her up without making an ass of myself.' He watched as she walked slowly over to a nearby light post with, 'oh god willing let it be a cigarette and not what I think it really is', lit up between her lips. She took a few drags and handed it off to a guy who came up from behind her, still swaying to the pounding thud of the music from the building behind them. She received a kiss, well, kiss was a loose term for it, but that was all Ken could come up with. It was more like having sex with only their mouths he finally decided, and somehow the girl also managed to steal the guy’s wallet.

As Ken watched her, he noticed that she looked different than Manx had made her out to be. She didn’t look as worked over by the world as one in her place might be. Her black pants hung low on her slender hips, the pale blue shirt she wore rode high and was cut low. Its sleeves were merely wisps of silk that billowed out into the night. Her hair, in the picture he held appeared to be nearly black, now shone with natural color as the flashing lights reflected off it. It was purple. The darkest shade of which could be imagined. It was long and fell well over her back and beyond. She didn’t have “whore†tattooed on her as many of the girls, and guys, that had been passing by Ken did, but there was no mistaking it, she was a trick.

'Now or never,' Ken figured as he started over to her, stopping to toss his wallet in the back of the car first. He didn’t have much in there, but keeping it was something he’d like to do. hadn’t made it two steps when she was right there beside him. She stood shorter than him, and her eyes looked him over as if he were a piece of meat.

“Forget it kid,†she said with a causal flick of her hair as she turned around.

“Hey, wait a minute!†He called to her departing figure. 'What the hell just happened?'

“I ain’t for you kid. Though I do like the car. To bad it’s not yours,†she said giving him a quick look over her shoulder and a half smile. This kid was cute, it was a shame, she would have liked to have some fun with him, but what he had in mind wasn’t her idea of fun.

“I didn’t even say a thing!†Ken shouted out of confusion. 'I have been waiting here for two, nearly three hours and I’m not even going to be able to bring in the target, a stupid piece of street trash. This is not good.'

“You didn’t have to, you smell of it, or actually you don’t which is the problem. You’re too clean, for this, and for me, go home kid.†And with that she vanished from the crowed sidewalk and back inside. The night was far from young, yet also far from being over. She had time, and thanks to an anonymous wallet, money enough to make it last a little longer.

Ken stared after her for a little while longer. 'This is horrible, two plus hours down and nothing.' Maybe if he went back home with his tail between his legs now, Yohji might have a chance at grabbing her yet tonight. He hoped anyway. They, Weiß, had never failed in a mission yet, and this was just too simple to let it be their first.

****

Ken slowly walked in and set the keys down in the waiting palm of their true owner. Aya didn’t even ask his normal 'humph' which was generally interpreted as, ‘How’d the mission go?’. Then Ken sheepishly looked around. No one was glaring at him, or ready to yell from the look of it. They all just looked like they’d been waiting for this, for him to come home, alone. ‘Wow, a lot of faith they have in me,’ he thought bitterly. Yohji stood up and stretched. The belly shirt he was wearing slid even farther up his perfectly formed abdomen and the light glanced off his golden tan skin. The leather of his pants was so tight, Ken was surprised that Yohji could breathe. His arms were bare underneath the sleeveless shirt, and it was still warm out, so he wouldn’t need a jacket. He strode off to the door, passing Ken without a word.

“Be quick Yohji, this will be the last shot we have,†Manx finally spoke from the couch she was sitting on, breaking the deafening silence that Ken felt.

“Quick? Manx, my dear, I pride myself on my stamina, maybe someday you can find out first hand even,†he told the red haired ‘secretary’ as he walked out and to his waiting Super Seven.

“Watch it.†Came the cold warning about his lame pick up line thrown at Manx, but it didn’t come from her, it came from Aya. The man he fancied as his boyfriend. Yohji just flashed his famous smile and left.

“So, you all just planed on me failing, huh? Sure know how to make a guy feel special,†Ken grumbled as he flopped down on the floor with his back to the arm of the chair Omi was in.

“Oh, it’s not like that at all Ken-ken.†Omi peered down at him, and gave him a reassuring pat to the head. “Manx just thought it would be nice to be ready to move right away in the slight chance you wouldn’t make it. That’s all.†His genki voice doing its best to cheer him up.

A grumpy ‘humph’ was all the former soccer player could mange to come back with.

***

Yohji swayed on the balcony to the pounding music of Velvet Dreams rave club, eyes scanning the crowd below. He’d had no problem getting in to the club. Hell, he’d even known the bouncer from his last job at the Rainbow Room down on East Street. Now he just had to find the girl. The mass of people could have absorbed anyone in to its depths and kept them completely concealed forever, and it would have her too, had he not been a trained assassin. He was used to picking needles out of haystacks, and this was no different. It was only 40 minutes, if that, before he found her. She was dancing in the middle of the room. A statue of purple, blue, and black. The eye of the storm of people, standing out in the sea around her. Her body moved with the rhythm of the music like a surfer riding the waves. There was a perfect unison between the two. As Yohji watched she came in to contact with person after person. Her lips and hands moving close to ears and other lips, as well as other various body parts, while receiving the same motions back. She was the wave that rolled through the sea, letting the currents change and move to fit her.pressed close and tangled together in the night. It wasn't long from the time that Yohji had started watching her that her body found its self pressed tightly against that of another female, taller and older then herself. Their hands clasped and the taller woman’s head dipped down to the younger’s and lips met lips and tongues met tongues. Yohji watched with the interest his job entailed, and yet still managed to allow a smile to flow to his face, while most of his blood seemed to be flowing in to a different body part. Even as erotic as the kiss was, Yohji could see it for what it was. He was an expert of the club scene after all. The bodies pressing together was nothing more than the contact that it was, the hands lightly grasping at each other was but the most convenient way to pass the bills from one hand to the other, and the very open, full tongue kiss for the world to see, a simple exchange of that tiny slip of paper known as acid. The girl was good, but still not so good Yohji couldn’t see through it. That didn’t make him any less turned on though. He finally allowed his eyes to avert and his body to surge through the drifting crowed and to the door. He knew exactly how to get her now. All he’d have to do is just wait for her to come out.

As it turned out, Yohji didn’t have to wait long. He had just pulled the Super Seven up to the edge of the curb when he saw her walking away from the main building. 'Maybe calling it quits for the night? Naw, not after what I saw of her. Not this early. She’s most likely just getting some air,' he thought.

“Hey hottie, over here,†he called out to her, motioning her to his car. He had done this before, many times. Just mostly not with women, and definitely without Aya's knowledge. She started over, slowed to a near stop halfway there and staggered before shaking her head and making it to his car. That made Yohji wonder just how much acid, and who knew what else, this girl had already taken tonight. She didn’t look that out of it though. She leaned heavily across the passenger door to get close to Yohji, at the same time giving him a nice view right down her shirt.

“Are you going to get in or what koi(*1)?†he asked her in his most sultry tone. He knew he really didn’t have to lay it on so thick, for crying out loud, the girl was a trick. But there was something about her youth and hidden beauty that made him feel like he owed it to her.

“It depends, whatta ya got to interest me?†she responded with a crisp voice, full of innuendo, but not in the slightest slurred, as one might expect. An evil smirk flashed across Yohji’s face as he simply held up his hand with a single joint in it. The girl quickly shrugged and took it, hopping over the door and planting herself next to him. His hand then moved to the ignition of the car, planning on getting them somewhere a little more private before he took her back to the Koneko.

“No, no honig(*2). This just got me in the car, not in your pants, yet,†She told the blond playboy as her hand stopped his from turning the key. He sighed lightly at the comment and held out his hand with another joint.

“What’ll this get me?†he asked her.

“That will get me down on you.†She told him flatly. This was her job as much as being an assassin was his, and neither one of them messed around, figuratively speaking, when it came to their line of work. Yohji handed her the joint and before he had a chance to undo his pants himself, or start the car, her fingers were already at his fly. He wasn’t even given a second to think a single thought much less string two or three together and remind himself of what he was doing here, besides the obvious. At one point he had planned to stick her with the tranquilizer as soon as she bent over his lap. Well that definitely wasn’t going to happen now. Before Yohji had the chance to get his mind back in working order, she had taken his entire rigid length in to her hot mouth. At that second, Yohji hadn’t even been able to breathe. While he wasn’t one to brag, well he was but that was beside the point, he was very well endowed. Even Aya, who had the benefit of many months of practice, couldn’t take Yohji's whole length, much less just all at once in such a mind stopping move.

“Oh gods…†he gasped out as he felt her slowly work him in her mouth. His head rolled back against the headrest and it was all Yohji could do to keep breathing. This was a pleasure overload if he’d ever felt one. 'My god this girl knows what she’s doing.' Yohji would be the first one to openly admit he was bi, but it was a lesser known fact that he indeed preferred the company of men over women. He didn’t know why but he figured it came down to the simple fact that they had the same goods to work with day in and day out and knew what felt good. This girl was very quickly changing his mind though. As her expert mouth worked over the iron shaft placed between her soft lips, it was all Yohji could do to remember he had to knock her out and get her back to base. Soon, and way too soon for Yohji’s liking, but she had pushed him to a point where even his great stamina was shattered, it ended. Before he could even begin to move again in the moments following his climax, much less get the dart in to the girl, he realized that he was in fact, tucked neatly away, there was nothing to clean, her expert mouth had caught every drop. And not only that, but when he looked to where she should have been sitting, he found the seat empty. Only to have his head abruptly turned to the side by a soft palm on his cheek. She was standing outside the car on the driver’s side looking down in to Yohji’s sea green eyes.

“You should come back when you don’t have anything else planned, I’d love to have you again. You taste good, honig.†She told him as she gently gave him a peck on the lips and returned to the swaying sea of the rave that seemed to part just for her and then close back around her again, swallowing her whole. Leaving Yohji spent and dumfounded in the Seven. Deprived of two, no make that all three joints he had brought with him, and his wallet., He wondered just when she had gotten a hold of that, her hands always seemed to be…’Okay Yohji, don’t think back to that, don’t need to get hard again knowing damn well after a failed mission Aya isn’t about to put out.’ And that’s what it was too, a failed mission. The night was nearly over and the club would soon be shutting down for the night and moving is location. Their one easy shot had been completely missed; the blond playboy of Weiß hadn’t been able to pick up a simple hooker. Manx had been right when she said this wasn’t going to be as easy as it looked, and now both he and Ken knew first hand.

“Well, if Ken was lucky he might have a least got as much fun as I did tonight, even if we did fail completely,†Yohji told himself as he sped back to the Koneko.

***

Yohji walked in and looked at the waiting faces of his teammates. They all looked shocked beyond belief. He hadn’t come back with the girl.

“Balinese, what…†Manx started to ask and just stopped. She couldn’t conceive of how the resident partier had NOT been able to get a hooker, ‘I mean he even got to me once, well twice actually but I don’t count the one time, I’d been drinking and…’

â€& #339;Aya, where ya going?†Ken’s voice broke in to Manx's thoughts and brought her back to reality. A reality that showed it was nearly 5 in the morning and if the Rave was still going now, the cops would break it up soon and their best chance to get the little brat that had been giving them trouble since she was 11, was gone. Also in this reality, Aya was heading out the door with his keys in his hand.

“To pick up the target,†he said coldly as he kept moving.

“Get real Aya, Omi would have a better chance than you,†Ken told him flat out. Ken received a glare of icy death in return that literally made him shudder.

“Abyssinian, if Balinese couldn’t get the girl, no offense, I doubt you will.†Manx told the ivory skinned redhead. “And besides, we need her alive.â€

“I’ll be back in 10 minutes,†was all he would say as he brushed passed Yohji who had barely had time to come in through the door before everything had developed in front of him. Manx sighed and secretly worried if a meeting between those two, under circumstances like these, wouldn’t spell death to one or the other. She sincerely hoped not.

“It was unreal,†Yohji told the others as he flopped down on the couch and let his arm drape around Manx. “It was like she knew why I was there and made sure I was going to fail.â€

“Like she was in your head or something, right?†Ken agreed with Yohji. 'Like she was in their heads, like she knew what was going on, and made sure they’d fail.' Omi thought over Ken and Yohji's words. He was seriously beginning to question why it was Schwarz and not a lackey group that had been sent to brring in this girl, and he also was beginning to make a wild guess, one he didn’t like very much if things didn’t start turning around, and soon.

***

She walked slowly down the street. It had been exactly 39 minutes since she had left the club. She always left 47 minutes before the cops showed up. Exactly 47 minutes. It took just that amount of time to be nearly 3 miles away, 2 miles, 470 yards, and 2 feet to be exact, and she was exact. She always was. It was just part of who she was, whether or not she liked it made no difference. That distance, which she knew so well, was just far enough away to not have the cops arrest her when they came, and they always came. She always knew they would, and when they would too, just more of who she was. Her arms swayed gently at her sides as the breeze swirled the dark clouds of her hair around her face. She barley noticed the white Porsche pull up, if she had been anyone else, she wouldn’t have at all.

“Not you again kid…†she started even before the window was rolled down, then just as she took a step forward on her path, she realized it wasn’t the kid, and she turned to face the car. Aya simply looked over from the driver’s seat and met her eyes through the now open passenger side window.

“Get in,†was all he said as he broke the stare and the silence that it had created. It had felt like forever, yet it had been less then a minute, 53 seconds to be exact, and as before she knew she was exact. She looked blankly at him for another second, 3.2 seconds actually, and then shrugged and opened the door to flop down next to him. He gunned the car and sped off to the flower shop as soon as the door clicked shut, with the girl simply setting there watching the scenery. She knew that he held just about the same fate for her as the other two did, but now she didn’t care. She had no need, no want, to fight with him. She was cooperating for him; he had known all along she would. He hadn’t even brought any tranquilizers to begin with. She smiled as she realized that and then let her mind wander back outside to the passing scenery. It was going fast, really fast. Her mind almost wondered how fast they were going, but before the thought was even finished she knew they were going about 40 OVER the limit. ‘He always had liked to drive fast, didn’t he?, Yes he did. Kuso, it was time for another fix, definitely. If only I knew where to find a needle…too many places at once, but the cash, too many choices, sleep, good, quite.’ and with that final thought she was out.

Aya heard the pitiful squeak escape the girl’s lips just before she allowed the sleep to consume her with its ever-fading darkness. ‘She has changed, changed so much, but it is her, isn’t it?’ Unlike the girl, he didn’t receive an answer.

***

Aya pulled into the garage of the flower shop 13 minutes after he had left. Good time, but then when you take in the fact that if the assassin thing ever failed Aya could have a gig as a racecar driver, it made sense. As he walked in he realized no one expected him to come back with the girl, if at all. Omi was slumped over his computer asleep from looking at what was probably questionable material, Yohji was in front of the TV with a beer in one hand and a cigarette in the other, also probably looking at questionable material on the late night adults only channel. Ken was reading for a change, true it was a biography of an American soccer player, but it was reading, Aya had to give him that. Manx was lounging on the couch looking bored and wishing she could be anywhere but here. Aya received a slight look from both her and Yohji as he walked in. Then Yohji’s mouth proceeded to drop as wide as it could and a cigarette that had been in there fell out and to the floor. Because right behind Aya stood the target. Not only had he not killed her, he hadn’t even tranquilized her, or forced her much less. She had come in with him of her own free will.

“Cute place. Better than that old hole in the wall, don’t you think Aya-schatz(*3)?†she asked, then before anyone could even blink, “Of course you do, the people make the place. Mien shinigami(*4).†She sighed softly, then flashed a sweet and sultry grin at Yohji. “Before you all start asking me a ton of questions, and I really mean before or I won’t let you ask me a thing, why don’t you go get that nice stash of yours, Blondie and I’ll get myself in a proper mood for it all.†With that she walked over and flopped down on the couch, stretching out and falling pleasantly in to the dark leather of it.

“I’m not stupid, Manx. I ain’t going to try anything that would get me killed.†She spoke without even a look in the red haired woman’s direction. After she appeared to be at least part way comfortable on the couch the girl looked around the room. Omi was still asleep and the rest of the room had been too shocked to make any noise. Plus, by nature, both she and Aya were quite people. Manx had jumped up though and started to say something before the girl had cut her off with her earlier statement. Ken was just staring wide-eyed above his book. The girl then smiled. She liked having that effect on people, and she always did when she wanted to. Now was one of those times, ‘How else could I make it interesting? Oh, that would be fun.’

“Yohji-kun, the stash please?†she said again looking at the eldest Weiß member. Now Manx flipped her attention to HIM.

“Manx, now she’s full of it, I ain’t got no…†he tried to clear himself, but didn’t make it too far.

“Yeah you do. In a lock box under your bed, the key is in the third drawer of your dresser in a sock stuffed in the corner.†She said simply, then shrugged. “Or at least, that’s where I’d keep mine.†She smiled at the expression on his face. ‘Man, do I ever love this, well not really, but it could be fun, except that,’

“Ah, now. Please.†She looked again in to his eyes with a brief glimmer of pain flashing across her own.

“Go ahead, Yohji. I won’t let it get back to Persia.†The lanky redhead said in a huff as she sat down in an empty chair. Aya promptly placed himself on the couch next to the girl he’d brought home. They all sat there for a minute in silence before Yohji came back down the stairs and tossed his stash, and a lighter, at her. She immediately lit up and was well on the way to making herself high as a kite. 'She doesn’t act like it though,' Yohji thought to him self, 'She acts like the stuff has no effect on her, and I know its some pretty good shit from experience, either she has a VERY high tolerance, or something else.'

“I take it I now can begin?†Manx asked briskly, this isn’t what she'd had in mind.

“Just a sec,†the girl told her and turned her head to behind the couch towards where Omi was still asleep. In the process she managed to drape one of her legs over Aya’s thighs and place a hand on his chest, he didn't seem to mind either, Yohji on the other hand was steaming.

“Hey, Omi-kun, wake up koi, I don’t think you wanna miss this,†she called out, waking the boy and shocking the others right down to their very existence. She turned back and shrugged, not untangling herself from Aya, as Omi, a very confused Omi, walked over.

“Now then, Himura Kytee(*5), I…†Manx began, again she was promptly cut off.

“Nope, not anymore. Just Sünde from now on,†the girl told her. A light look passed over her face as she said the name but it was soon washed away as she took another hit off the joint, the third one since she’d got there.

“Very well, Sünde, I asked Weiß to pick you up today in order to offer you a proposition,†Manx waited, knowing some answer had to come, and it did. Just not from who she’d expected.

“Why, can’t it just be left alone, no one the wiser, put her further underground instead of all this?†Aya asked in his normal cold voice, but yet, it was Aya, not one you'd expect it from. And no matter the tone of those words, that many at once, just didn’t seem right.

“No, it can’t be. Not now, and Manx knows that. If she, Kritiker, doesn’t get me, Esstet will, and you guys don’t want that,†Sünde told the room matter-of-factly, before they could comment on Aya’s weird behavior. Her mind was finally beginning to cloud back over, making things easier to ignore and not focus. 'Good,' she thought, 'Very good.'

“So what, am I supposed just to jump in and be a part of Kritiker now? No, no you want me with Weiß. Just ‘cause of him. It ain’t going to work though.†Everyone but Manx and Aya looked lost at her last comment. Ken still just sat there wide-eyed and wondering what he was hearing. Omi looked like he wished he was still asleep, and Yohji, well Yohji was wallowing in a jealous pit watching that girl plaster herself on top of and smother of HIS boyfriend.

“Now, Sünde, don’t jump to any rash decisions. I’m sure that you would realize,†Manx was, again, cut off. She was getting quite sick of this. She had half a mind to take Aya up on his idea of throwing her back in to the underground just for spite.

“Listen, you know I ain’t going to take you up on any offer, puppen(*6). You don’t trust me any more now than you did then,†she told her flatly. The confusion deepened on the other’s faces, except again for Aya. He just seemed to snuggle closer to the girl, if that was possible given the way she had herself draped on him.

“Wait a minute,†Omi spoke up through a yawn. “You’re Japanese, right?, I mean, Himura is a Japanese name, and you look it, so how come you’re speaking half German?†he asked her, assessing her for the first time really. She did have the slight look of a Japanese, yet there was just something off.

“Cause, I’m, or at least was, Kritiker, and Esstet. Of course, I know German,†she told him plainly, as if his question hadn’t even required the slightest amount of thought.

“I’m, we’re, Kritiker too, and I don’t know German,†Omi told her in the defensive way that only a 17-year-old assassin still going through puberty and possessing the innocence of a child could. She could have sworn he smiled, too. Definitely time for another joint.

“Yes you do,†she told him, smirking wildly and allowing her eyes to flash with emotions boiling under a hard exterior.

“No, I don’t.†This was going to be an elementary yelling match, he could see that now.

“Yes you do, or you wouldn’t have known that that was the language I was speaking.†'Okay,' he guessed that made sense, 'If I truly hadn’t known German, I would have had no clue what she'd been saying. Now I still didn’t comprehend the words, but the language I knew. She's right.'

“Ah, not to get off subject here, but aren’t you a little off topic. Manx, I think we deserve an explanation here,†Ken interrupted before the two teenagers could start the yelling match he too could foresee.

“Gomen, Siberian. That is classified infor…†'All right this is enough, fuck Weiß, I'm going to personally kill the next person who interrupts me.' Manx fumed to herself as someone else broke in to her sentence.

“She can’t, I will. You’re right, you do deserve the answers, and that’s what I'm best at. You don’t mind right, Aya?†she asked looking at the man whose lap she now was practically sitting in, while ignoring the smoke pouring out of Yohji’s ears.

“No,†Aya sighed deeply as he returned the gaze.

“Liar. You do to mind, you don’t really want them to know. You like keeping your secrets just that, secret. I guess we’re alike that way. But still, you’ll let me tell them just ‘cause you think it’s the right thing to do. You and that fucked up pride/humility thing. I’ll never understand you. And that’s saying something,†she said, still gazing in to his eyes. Then, as if seeing Yohji for the first time she stared intently at him, then winced slightly as if a hot poker just stabbed at her brain. She untangled herself from Aya and simply lay next to, not on top of, him.

“Here goes,†Sünde stated simply. Preparing to tell what she'd never thought she'd have to. She was about to blow the lid off of some of both Esstet’s and Kritiker’s most valued secrets, and unfortunately some of Aya's, too. But as long as her own secrets were safe, she didn’t give a flying rat’s ass.


1.
Love (Japanese)
2.
Honey (German)
3.
Babe (German)
4.
Exclamation of sorts. Equivalent to ‘my god'
5.
Just showing love for another of our favorite animes.
6.
Babe (German)