Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Strings ❯ Not Real ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title- Strings Chapter Two "Not Real"

Author- Locura

Archive- Go ahead but tell me where it is. fanfiction.net and mediaminer.org

Warnings- OOC, O+K/K+O, YxA/AxY

Disclaimer- The Weiß Kreuz chara's aren't mine, I'm just barrowing them. Don't sue, I own nothing but an Omi pen and 3 dvd's and I wanna keep them!

Author Notes- Well, sense so many people asked here's the second part. mmm...hope you like it... oh and the rating went up just to make sure it covered itself. Enjoy

***

The vase was blue, blue with mottled patches of red and violet blending in and out around the sides and flecks of green on the inside. It wasn't the prettiest thing in the world but Ken had felt that Omi would have loved it. Especially sense he had made it himself in an art class he had decided to take on an impulse between coaching soccer and running a soccer training course for older boys and girls.

Art had never been his best class and clay was no exception but the vase had turned out well despite the imperfections. It was filled with Freesia and Gentian for no other reasons then they were Omi and his favorite flowers.

The vase hit the hardwood floor.

It was made out of hard clay, however, and instead of shattering it made a loud *thunk* that seemed to echo down the hall as the water trickled out of the vase and the stems of the flowers sagged and snapped.

On the bed Omi muttered something from his stooped position and his hand twitched slightly in response but he didn't wake.

Ken on the other hand gaped. Millions of thoughts spun wildly in his head. But mainly centering on one.

What had happened?

The boys coffee colored eyes began to water as his feet mechanically carried him over to the bed. He sat down next to him, noting how the bed sagged and groaned in protest before slowly pushing the slightly greasy blond bangs from Omi's pallid face. `He looks as if the wind could break him...'

His face looked much worse up close, dark bags etched their way under closed eyes and tear tracks, some old and some painfully fresh, crossed his pale cheeks as if wounds from battle.

Ken wanted nothing more then scoop his friend up and protect him from the entire world, promising never to let him be alone again. He wanted nothing more then to shake him awake and demand what had happened to let himself waste away so much. Demand to know what he thought he was doing to himself.

But he did neither, at least for then. He mentally kicked himself for letting this happen and sighed, arms sagging. What was done was done and there wasn't anything he could do about it, yet, but he was going to fix it that was for sure. He was going to start now, before this all sunk in and he went ballistic.

Resting a hand over Omi's forehead the ex-soccer player was relieved to find that he didn't have a fever on top of everything else. Murmuring to the sleeping boy he softly looped an arm under his legs and slid another around the boys shoulders before slowly moving him into a more comfortable position. Covering him up with the blankets that surrounded him and removing the book from his lap, Ken stood and looked down at the blond haired boy, worry clearly still etched in his face. No matter what he wanted to do, Omi needed to sleep.

Taking a deep breath to steel his resolve to help and ask questions later Ken carefully made his way to the door where he paused for a moment, sure he had heard something.

Nothing. Nothing but silence.

Side stepping the water and flowers that were still in the doorway Ken gave one last look at the frail boy that lay in the bed before shutting the door quietly.

"...Don`t-leave..." White fingers feebly clutched the blankets as tears slid past closed lids. "...please..."

***

Ken had called Manx. He hadn't explained, couldn't explain really. Words just wouldn't portray it right and they jumbled anyway so he left it as `Omi can't work now, he needs a -long- break. Give it.' She had been baffled but relented after he pleaded with her for a moment, though she told him that she`d be stopping by later this week to see what was going on.

Besides that he had dusted. He dusted the phone which was so much incased he had to take a wet towel to it to remove most of the grim. He dusted the kitchen and two extra rooms checking on Omi, who continued to sleep on, periodically.

He could tell he was slipping. Everything was just starting sinking in and if he let it he'd do the hotheaded thing he normally did during a mission. Screw everything up while trying to help by busting in too quickly.

His hand shook with the duster after the second room and he felt like crying when he remembered how Omi was when he first walked in. The appearance of the house all hadn't improved much but it was slightly better. Besides he would need those rooms clean.

Ken had already decided he would need help. He couldn't stay with Omi all the time if they didn't have a food source so having at least one other person helping out would be a godsend. Besides, Ken knew he needed to have someone to help a little sane.

That clear, the brown haired boy threw the duster in the general direction of the closet and thought back to his small list of numbers. He didn't know Aya's, but Yohji had called some time ago asking to barrow ten bucks and he still remembered his number. Slouching into one of the newly dusted chairs Ken grabbed the phone and dialed. Hopefully he'd have Aya's number.

***

Riiinnnnggggg!! RRRiiiinnnnggg!!......RIIINNNGG!

Yohji grumbled from his position on the couch. He really didn't want to be disturbed right now. It was his day off from working at the Club he now owned and he currently had the attention of one beautiful red head who loomed above his back, ready to do a massage. It was not just any massage, mind you, but a hard earned one off a wager that included alcohol, cards, and a rubber band all that plus it was being done by a hot sexy redhead who was living with him.

"I`m not starting until you answer the damn phone." The redheads violet eyes flashed with annoyance. And Yohji rolled his eyes in response.

"Fine..." Not moving from his position the blond haired man reached up on the desk and snatched up the phone. "This better be good and quick..."

"Oh good! Your in." Ken's relieved voice answered from the earpiece. "I thought you might have moved or something."

Yohji took a deep breath, trying to keep his temper. "Ken, if this is about the ten bucks..."

"What? No! I need you to get over to Omi`s, today...as in now."

He leaned on this hand. "I`m kind of busy here, Kenken. If you want have a get together today is not the time."

"Yohji, I need Aya`s number and I need both of you to come and help me over at Omi`s. I swear though if you do not get your lazy ass over here I`m going to come over there -after- I get this sorted out and personally put my Bugnuks into your intestines and see what happens when I twist them."

Yohji's eyes widened from behind ever-present sunglasses. "Alright, alright. Don`t worry about Aya, I`ve got him covered. But now just what is your emergency? If its not too important I`d like to finish what I`m doing before I leave."

The voice on the other end sighed as if he were suddenly drained of energy. "Before I answer have you heard from Omi in a while?"

"Hmm…No don`t think I have. Not sense we last saw each other I think, why?"

"He`s been having some problems. I can`t explain it but its major. Yohji..." Ken paused and when he began again his voice was hushed. "I looks like he hasn`t eaten in weeks...when I came to visit everything was dusty as if it hadn`t been used in a long, long time. He-"

"What's going on?" Aya had finally gotten tired of only hearing part of the conversation and went to another phone.

"Aya! Your at Yohji's?" There was a grunt from the other end that seemed to imply that it should have been obvious sense he was on the phone.

"Yes, Kenken. Aya lives with me now and his sister goes to college. No please explain it to him so I don`t have to and in a bit more detail."

"How about this, you both come here to the old flower shop brining groceries and pre-made food for tonight and everything will be answered. Get over here as quickly as you can."

***

Ken clicked off the phone. They were coming. It had taken nearly a half an hour of talking but both were coming. Half smiling thankful that, that at least was over he ambled to his feet and began walking towards the stairs. It had been four and a half hours sense he'd walked into the house and it was time to ask some questions.

***

Omi woke with a jerk as a soundless scream tore from his lips. He threw the covers off and leaned forward on his knees, his legs now underneath him as his stomach spasmed with the strength of his emotions and hunger.

In his dream Ken had come back. He'd come back and held him and promised he wouldn't leave ever again. He said he loved him. But he left...they always left...Omi's eyes burned but no tears fell. He didn't have any more tears.

He shook as he looked out the window and saw that it was way past time for school and that he had actually missed it. It meant he had more time alone.

The stars would be coming out soon. Maybe he could make a wish? He thought calming down some. His wish wouldn't be too hard...all he wanted was the dream.

tunk...tap...thunk...tap...tap...tap...tap....tap....tap...tap

It sounded like someone had come up the stairs and down the hall. In his mind he saw Ken but quickly pushed the thought away and screwed his eyes shut trying and block the imaginary sounds as his body choked back a sob. He kept tricking himself. Always believing that someone....anyone...would finally come back.

The door creaked.

There was a sharp intake of breath.

Omi hugged himself tighter. `It wasn't real...It wasn't real...'

He thought it wasn't real.

He heard the bed groan.

...wasn't real....

He could feel the fingers rubbing across his back and feathering along his face.

...wasn't real....

He couldn't let himself believe.

...wasn't real....

He was going insane.

...wasn't real....

"Omi...Omi...its ok. Open your eyes, please?" It was Ken's voice, why did it have to be his? He had to be dreaming Ken would never come here.

But almost against his will the youngest assassin slowly opened his eyes and uncurled looking straight up into watering brown eyes.

Leaning over Omi touched his jacket and griped it tightly. Ken didn't say a thing waiting for a response as he ran his fingers threw the blonds hair.

Omi touch his face, bony fingers just barley ghosting over its plans. And Ken waited, worried yet fascinated by the intense look on his friends face.

The boy moved and positioned himself leaning on Ken's chest and looking up at his face before whispering, his voice cracking with disuse. "Your not real..."

***

Notes on reactions- Welll...I tried to keep the as in character as I could given the setting and all. Aya and Yohji, I suppose, will have a bigger part in the next section, hope I didn't derange them too badly, did I? Anyway Ken's reaction. I figured #1 He'd be shocked for quite a while, wouldn't you be? #2 He'd be sad, want to help but a little angry. Trust me it is a normal reaction, kinda like getting mad at someone for dieing. But mainly I figured sense he was an Assassin he'd probably know he'd have to A. get help and B. not wake him up and scream and/or hug him when he's obviously needing sleep. He might not be the rock that Aya is but I figure he knows when to push aside feeling and figure out what to do and such. As for the dusting its to keep his mind off what going on as well as make the house a little cleaner....it needed that. Sorry, I just wanted to justify it a little bit....>.<;;