Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Strings ❯ Only In Dreams ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title- Strings Chapter Three "Only In Dreams"

Author- Locura

Archive- Go ahead but tell me where it is. fanfiction.net and mediaminer.org

Warnings- OOC, O+K/K+O, YxA/AxY

Disclaimer- The Weiß Kreuz chara's aren't mine, I'm just barrowing them. Don't sue, I own nothing but an Omi pen and 3 dvd's and I wanna keep them!

Author Notes- Well, this parts a little smaller then the last b/c it was either stop now or probably write until the twenty page mark...and that seemed a little ~long~ for one chapter. eh...I its less angsty in this chapter, honest, but if you like that stuff...you shouldn't worry. Chapter Four and five are coming up soon... anyway enjoy

***

Yohji sighed in annoyance and shifted his two massive grocery bags as he searched for the old keys to the door.

Because of Ken's call he had missed the massage. Because of the call he wasn't cozy at home with his lover and a bed. Sure, he had said it was important but with Omi it couldn't be life or death. Omi just couldn't get depressed, it wasn't in his personality and it certainly couldn't have gotten as bad as Ken's jumbled information implied.

"Here!" He passed the keys to Aya who caught them easily having only one back of groceries and another smaller bag of take-out.

"Come on." Aya kept the door toed open as Yohji grumbled his way in.

"Looks like it's going to be one big happy family again!" Yohji dropped the bags onto the countertop and looked around. "Man, Omi needs a new maid!"

Aya looked around frowning. "I don`t like this."

"Hey, no worries. This is Omi, right?" Yohji went towards the steps pausing for only a moment. "So! Lets go make our presents know!"

***

Ken was baffled. He was beyond baffled. He was scared.

"Your not real..."

The sentence still rang in the air. The sentence that made him freeze before hugging the other boy to his chest and wonder just what was going on in his friends mind.

"Of course I`m real, Omi. I`m here aren't I?" He tried to make it sound offhanded but his voice cracked in the middle. And Omi shook his head, wiggling out from his grasp and moved away to lean against the window, the sun just starting to sink behind him.

"You`re always here in my dreams..." He licked his chapped lips. "But that's what this is, isn`t it? No one ever comes `cept when I`m asleep. I`m always alone..."

His voice sounded so forlorn and certain that no one would ever come Ken couldn't stop himself from reaching towards him. "But I am here Omi, its me Ken! Its no dream."

Omi smacked Ken's hand away, and it wasn't so much the force as the action that made Ken jump back.

"Oh yes, its you." His face twisted suddenly in the growing gloom, a combination of sadness and bitterness. "Its always you..." He choked, looking like he wanted to cry again but couldn't find the tears. "I`ve dreamed about you for weeks. You always tell me you`ll never leave..."

Ken's heart ached, had their leaving really had such an effect on him? "But I`m not going to Omi. I`m here for real now, and I`m going to help you. All you need to do is let me-"

"Stop it! Next you`ll be telling me you love me..." He jumped up, swaying slightly as he backed away voice raising steadily every word. "You always do that. You always promise you`ll never leave, that you love me! You don't! You leave! You`ll leave! You always leave!"

Ken gaped for the second time that day and moved to the edge of the bed still reaching out to him. Had he read his mind? Did he really dream about him loving him? "O-omi..."

"No-no! I`m not going to wake up alone again. I won`t believe you! I-" His whole body shook as he made his way to the door moving as quickly as he could. "I won`t find out I`m alone again!"

Ken's eyes widened. Was he going to try and commit suicide? Jumping farm the bed he lunged at the blond boy. "Omi wait! Don`t- "

He missed and Omi ran out the door, the water from the pot splashing out and drenching the door as the wilted blossoms bleed.

Ken was about to scramble to his feet when he saw Omi run smack into Yohji and bounce back only to stare up at the other man dazed.

"What the hell?" Yohji cursed when Omi's body collided with his. "What's going on?"

Ken muttered something standing up; his pants now drenched, and walked over to Omi's frozen form. The other boy looked shocked, his eyes were dilated and his lips moved but no sound was forthcoming.

"Omi?" Ken tried, kneeling down by him. "H-hey Omi?" The blond haired boy didn't notice he kept staring at Yohji and Aya who kept staring back at him.

Suddenly the boy jerked towards Ken, his breath coming heavily and voice horse. "N-not a dream?" He grabbed at Kens jacket.

Ken smiled, relieved, and hugged him. "No, Omi. Its real, we`re all here..."

They sat like that for a moment. Omi had moved until he was sitting on Ken's lap and Ken held him close. The blond haired boys eyes were closed as he listened to the heartbeat that was undoubtedly real and smiled, the first real smile in a long time, breathing Ken`s light sent of freshly cut grass (1) and something that was uniquely his own.

"You know, I hate to break up such a sweet moment..." Aya nudged him sharply between the ribs. "Hey! Cut that out! I really am sorry! But could someone explain what's going on?"

Omi blushed and looked down clutching Ken's jacket. "um...you...ah..."He searched for the words, not quite sure himself.

Ken shot Yohji a dirty look before smiling. "We`ll deal with that later, but for now how about some dinner? I`m starving!" Standing up he pulled Omi with him. "We`ll talk later, alright?"

Ken held onto Omi as they walked down the stairs, passing Yohji and Aya.

"So..." Yohji drawled looking over at his lover. "What do you think?"

"We`re taking an extended vacation." Aya leaned on the wall, dust leaching on to his shirt before turning towards the stairs.

Yohji lit up a cigarette and let it droop from his lips. He had been trying to quit, but for some reason he could tell he was going to need a smoke now and again for some time in the future. `Omi what have you done to yourself?

***

Omi watch Aya serve out the Chinese food onto plates. He hadn't even had a chance to say `hello' before being ushered down stairs and now he watched with growing dread as a large plate of chicken was pushed in front of him.

"Eat."

Omi frowned and picked up a fork, he didn't feel like messing with chopsticks at the moment and wondered if he could fit it all in his stomach. He took the first bite.

"I`m sorry I haven`t been to visit Omi." Ken said from over his plate. "I really meant to, but one thing led to another..."

"Same with us!" Yohji added, smoking away by the doorway and Aya dipped his head in agreement.

Omi nodded, shoving more chicken into his mouth. "Its ok Ken, Aya, Yohji. No need to worry. But what have you all been up to?"

"Well, I coach soccer and do a small soccer training course." Ken moved his chopsticks as he talked, causing some of the sauce to stick onto his nose. " And sometimes I take a few classes..."

Aya looked up. "Aya went off to college and I moved in with Yohji and work in a bank. (2) Yohji owns a club downtown."

"And now that you know what we`ve been up to what about you?" Yohji peered down at him, glasses dropping down his nose.

"Oh you know the usual. I look up information for Kritiker and go to school..." He only had a few more pieces of chicken left; if he could just make himself finish it he could go and think.

"Oh I know that...But I think everyone here wants to know what haven't been doing, right?" Yohji raised his eyebrow and flopped into the only remaining chair.

Ken simply looked at him as if he were once again planning to use his Bugnuks on him and made warding motions. Aya looked indifferent and Omi stood up.

"I`m finished with dinner. I`ll be back to clean up later, but I need a shower..." He backed out of the kitchen before scampering up the stairs.

"Yohji!" Ken hissed as soon as he was far enough away. "You idiot! He obviously doesn`t want to talk about it with everyone. I`m was going to talk to him privately later!"

"Hey! I was just concerned! At least I asked! You haven`t done that have you?" He crossed his arms, and Ken looked away. "You haven`t. besides, you barley made sense on the phone so lets have it what the hells going on with Omi?"

Aya grabbed Yohji's hand from under the table and squeezed. "Yohji shut up and let him speak."

"Manx asked me to visit since she felt Omi wasn`t mixing very well with others and was lonely. She hadn`t seen him personally in months because of various missions and such so I decided to come today." His voice was low, almost as if he expected Omi to come back down the stairs any minute. "I found everything coated with dust. The house looked devoid of life as if it had been abandoned. The only exceptions were the bathroom upstairs and his room which was a mess." Ken looked up at Yohji. "I saw him laying up against the wall, head bent with his arms palmed out. He`d passed out. From what I could tell it was from exhaustion. We did this to him."

"What do you mean?" Aya's eyes narrowed.

"When he woke up he thought I wasn`t real...he thought I was a dream because he said he was always alone except in dreams." Ken looked down at his tightly balled fists, amazed that his nails hadn't broken the skin yet. "He laid back on my chest and looking right up into my eyes and told me I wasn`t real."

There was a pause. No one said a word for a moment until Yohji snubbed his cigarette into the ashtray with more force then he should and summed it up for them. "Shit."

***

Omi sighed and rolled his head back on his solders. He was still tired, despite his sleep earlier. Other then that he was happy. He was ecstatic, really, but he couldn't seem to show it. They had come back. They had finally come back.

The hot water pounded on his thin frame and he lathered some shampoo between his hands, its tangy sent tickling his nose. All of them were back. He didn't care what happen as long as they were here and he wasn't alone.

He wouldn't have to eat alone anymore. He wasn't alone.

Smiling, the happy sleepy smile people do when their happy and warm after a long day, he ran his fingers threw his hair and nearly purred. Nothing had felt this nice in such a long time...

Omi was about to let the water wash the soap out when another thought struck him again. `What if this really was a dream?' He gasped and slowly sunk to the floor the hot water suddenly turning ice cold as the heater died again. `It can't. It can't be a dream.'

The world spun in front of his eyes and he felt sick. `It can`t!'

`It only happens in dreams.' His mind reminded him but Omi shook his head as he turned off the water shivering slightly.

`I don't care!' He thought fervently hands shaking as he pushed the shower door open. `Its real. It has to be real....'

Stepping out the blond haired boy snagged a towel and began drying himself, his stomach doing summersaults all the while.

It had to be real.

***

(1) He works with soccer. Soccer often smells like sweat and grass....yep...

(2) I think I heard something about him being a banker at some point? Or maybe that was his dad?

Everyone smile! I don't have a long-winded note this time. ^.^;