Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Strings ❯ Reasons ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title- Strings Chapter Four "Reasons"

Author- Locura

Archive- Go ahead but tell me where it is. fanfiction.net and mediaminer.org

Warnings- OOC, O+K/K+O, YxA/AxY

Disclaimer- I found a pencil sharpener! However that does not mean I own anyone from Weiß Kreuz!

Author Notes- *eats popcorn* this part was extremely hard to write for some reason(as well as deleting itself). So of course I'm not happy with it. Its small and might be changed later. It however -is- dedicated to two of my closest friends around Zippo and Susan! Wish I coulda visited! Anyway I hope you Enjoy

***=Scene change or beginning or ending of the chapter

~~=Flash Back

***

Ken knocked on the door. He had been waiting for about an hour for Omi to make reappearance downstairs but he never did. So he went to him while Aya and Yohji started cleaning.

The soccer player waited patiently for Omi to respond. He was pretty sure he should be dressed by now; it had been a forty-five minutes sense he had gotten out of the shower. But no sound immerged from the bedroom. Hesitantly, he turned the doorknob; afraid he'd find another scene like that afternoon.

Instead he found Omi asleep on his bed, hair still wet and pajama's on, curled around a small stuffed bear he'd given him at a carnival.

~ "Hey Omi! Watch this!" He tossed the balls at tower of cans and they all came crashing down.

"Wow! That's very good Ken!" Omi cheered, watching the booth man handed Ken a tiny blue bear.

"Here Omi!" Ken tossed the bear over and watched how Omi`s face lit up. "I think he`ll suite you more then he will me!" ~

Ken jerked himself from his memories as he heard Omi whimper and curl tighter together in a dream. Smiling softly from memories he walked over and ran his fingers threw the boys blond hair, calming him down as quickly as he was disturbed in sleep.

He took one of Omi's hands and rubbed a thumb over its palm, marveling on how thin it had become. His gaze so focused on the thin appendage he didn't notice light blue eyes fluttering open and looking up at him tiredly.

"I love you, Omi." He sighed and looked over into blue eyes, heart jumping when he realized he had just confessed to a wide-awake Omi.

***

Yohji held the duster like a sward and whipped it across the top of the room, messing up all the new cobwebs and dust, while holding a cigarette between his teeth. "You know what? This isn`t so bad."

"What?" Aya raised an eyebrow, looking towards the chain smoker with a glint of amusement appearing in his eyes. "You actually like cleaning?"

"Well no." He blew out some smoke and it drifted lazily upwards. "I just figure dusting isn`t to bad."

"Good." Aya rubbed off another scar in the wood. "That means we can stop paying that housekeeper of yours and you can dust instead."

"What!?" Yohji dropped the duster. "We are not firing Rosealee! She`s been cleaning with us for a year!"

All he got in reply was a light chuckle.

***

Omi froze, he couldn`t think. He'd just woken up and found Ken confessing his feelings of love towards him. I just couldn't be real. It was too dreamlike to be real. His hand trembled as he pulled it from Ken's grasp. "You-you love me?"

"Yes, Omi. I do." Ken grasped his hand again, holding it tightly. "I have for a long time, but I wasn`t sure if I should tell you."

"But...but..." His mind whirled as he tried to grasp what Ken was telling him. "It-"

"Its ok if you don`t feel the same." Ken searched his eyes, trying to figure out what he felt. "I`ll understand..."

Omi looked at him, his mind in shatters and face devoid of color. "It only happens in dreams..." He finally whispered after the pause had grown to long. "If-if you love me it will be a dream and you`ll leave!"

The blond haired boy launched himself at Ken, knocking him off the bed and onto the floor. "Take it back! I don`t want it to be a dream. I don`t want to be alone!" He screamed holding tightly to Ken's jacket. "I-i can`t..."

Ken felt his body slam into the cloths ridden floor behind him and he looked at Omi dazed as he began yelling.

"I can`t be alone again..."

"Omi," Ken ran his hand down the boy's cheek. "You won`t be alone again. I`ll always be with you. I promise! I swear! But give me a chance to show you this is real. Please?"

Omi sat back on Ken's chest, his head leaning into the caress, considering, his mind starting to calm down from the initial shock and reaction the statement had caused and was slowly reorganizing itself. "I-I-" His voice small and empty as his stomach turned on these events. "It-" His stomach lurched.

His hand flew to his mouth and he staggered into a standing position, one arm around his middle and one hand over his mouth as his stomach tried to force its contents outwards. Tears glossed his eyes as he tried to dash out the door, Ken only a step behind.

"Omi!?"

Omi fell to his knees; his stomach heaving midway threw the hall. He had tried to get to the bathroom, he'd failed and now he braced his arms on the hardwood floor, everything he'd eaten in the past few days violently being rejected and thrown out.

Pain filled tears flowed freely down his face and his arms shook with his bodies' slight weight. He didn't even notice the arm around his middle, keeping him from falling forward into the vomit, or the hand that kept his hair out of the way as he dry heaved. (1) He barley heard the voice near his ear murmuring comforting nonsense until his arms gave away.

"I`m sorry..."He whispered to the person behind him. He didn't know why he was sorry exactly but he felt he should have been.

"Shhhh....Omi..."The persons arm held tighter as he pulled him to his feet before letting go for a moment, and scooping him up. "Lets just get you cleaned up, ok?"

Omi nodded and sighed leaning his head back on Ken's arm. He didn't want to think right then, just rest.

***

"Aya! Yohji! Could you come up here for a moment please? I need some help!"

Yohji snubbed the tenth cigarette of the hour into the ashtray and looked over Aya. "I wonder what it could be this time?"

"Cleaning here won`t find that out, would it?" Aya asked, putting the can of Liquid Gold (wood cleaner) down and walking towards the stairs as Yohji rolled his eyes and fallowed.

"I know, I know. I was just asking!" He jogged up the stairs and peeked over the wall. "Hey, Kenken what's all the noise about?"

A mumbled voice came from behind the partially closed bathroom door before Ken's head appeared. "Omi ate to much tonight at dinner and got sick. I`m cleaning him up now, could you and Aya clean up the hallway?"

"Again with the cleaning!" Yohji threw his hands in the air, winking to show he was kidding. "You know if I didn`t know any better I`d say this was a scheme to get some free housekeeping."

Aya glared and jammed his elbow into Yohji's side before dragging him off down the hall, grabbing some towels on the way. "We`ll take care of it."

Yohji sighed and looked at Aya, snagging a towel before bending down the clean up the floor. "Aya, I know you're worried about Omi. But try not to order the kid to eat next time, ok?"

***

Ken handed Omi a small glass of water and unbuttoned his pajama shirt. He was a worried about him, even more so then before. He seemed kind of dazed as he sat on the sink countertop and sloshed some water around his mouth before spitting it out, of course that could have been because he'd just thrown up but Ken was willing to bet his declaration of love helped it along.

`Damn,' he thought to himself taking a towel from the closet and wrapping it around the blond boys shoulders. `I just had to tell him, didn't I? I just had to make him even less sure about this being reality then before, didn't I?'

Yohji's voice broke his musings and Ken brushed some hair from Omi's face telling him that he'd be just a moment and stuck his head out the door. After explaining the matter he watched Yohji joked and Aya forced him down the hall, it all seemed very surreal to Ken as he slid his head back threw the door.

He needed to know what was going on in Omi's head. He'd kept all his curiosity buried until now.

Lowering Omi off the countertop he looped an arm around his shoulders to stabilize him as his legs shook and walked him slowly towards Omi's room.

Omi didn't say anything, which was eerie. Ken could remember all the days in the flower shop, how he always seemed to be doing something and smiling. Talking to someone, even if it happened to be only the flowers. He was always smiling. Even of what he had seen of Omi so far today. He may not have been as happy but he still talked.

By the time they got to Omi's room Yohji and Aya had told Omi to get better soon and left back down the stair, the hallway as spotless as it ever had been.

He walked threw the cloths and wire to Omi's bed and sat him on the edge before searching for another nightshirt to put on him. Snagging one from the closet he moved Omi's arms threw the arm holes and buttoned it up, the boy not reacting in the slightest as he put it over the young assassins bare chest.

"Omi?" Ken put a hand to the boys face, turning it towards him. "I want you to talk to me."

Blue eyes blinked at him.

"I know you think this is all a dream but it isn`t. It real." They flinched. "And I want to know what happened this year? What happened to make you like this?"

Pink lips parted and air ran threw white teeth only to blow out in a hiss a moment later. "I was alone. I was always alone." His arms wrapped around his sides. "I couldn`t talk to anyone about what happened. About my dreams and memories that still come back. Every time I came home...every time I ate...I was always alone!" His voice became soft as he peered up at Ken. "And so I thought `whats the point? I'll always be alone. What the point, eating alone? It doesn't matter. I don't matter! No one will love me! I'm alone!'"

Ken slowly sat down on the bed and put his arms around the trembling boy.

"And I wrote! I wrote so many letters. All long...and I...I waited...they-" He turned into Ken, eyes searching his as his voice lowered and became almost childlike. "th-they always came back. Why? What did I do? I hacked. I wrote. I tried! What did I do to deserve to be alone?"

Ken held him tighter and buried his nose in Omi's neck. "You didn`t do anything. Your fine now. We were just stupid. We didn`t realize, Omi. I`m sorry, so sorry."

Omi's throat constricted as he began to sob, his emotions easily breaking threw his tired attempt to keep them back. "The came back! No matter what I did they came back!"

"They always came back...."

***

Aya came behind Yohji and hugged him, laying his head on the other mans shoulder. "It's getting a late..."

"Its just barley moving towards nine, it's not late at all." He opened a can of beer and sipped on it, looking out the window.

"Yes," The redhead agreed and looped an arm around Yohji's waist. "And I think that despite the way you`ve acted today you care, that all your jokes are just for show."

Yohji snorted. "Is this going anywhere?"

"Do you want your massage or not?" And Yohji smiled over at him, looping his own arm around Aya's waist.

"What do you think?"

***

(1) Some of you might know whats going on, some of you might not so I think I'll put a note here. When your body doesn't eat a lot in a long time (and/or drink) then when you do eat (and/or drink) if you eat too much then your body will reject it. Kinda like if you pig out on too much food? When you don't eat much your stomach shrinks. Also another reason -could- be that if you eat a lot (or more then usual) and then have lots of action or activity that happens! *nods* -that- is what basically happened, though I think I probably sped it up some.