Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Surrounded By Darkness ❯ Blindness ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Surrounded By Darkness

By: Atsureki

Disclaimers : This fic wouldn't be here if I owned them!

Warnings : OCC, yaoi, angst.

Pairing : Yoji/Ken

Notes : Stuff written in Italic are thoughts.

Chapter 1. Blindness

He was blind and therefor completely locked away from the real world. The doctor had removed the bandages a week ago and there was nothing out there anymore. Complete and utter blackness was the only thing he could see and it was scary. He felt so alone, so cut off from everybody and everything. Everytime someone touched him he freaked because he could never be sure of who it was or why they were touching him.

Ken curled up on his bed and shivered. He had been home for several hours and his friends had left him alone but he didn't want to be alone. His ears strained themselves since they were the only sense he still had left that could tell him anything about what was going on around him. Nothing, there was nothing out there. Panic started to grow inside of him as tears welled up in his useless eyes.

He was all alone in a dark unfriendly place and he couldn't stand it a moment longer. With a high-pitched scream Ken bolted from his bed, stumbled across something he couldn't see and fell to the floor. Sobs shook his body as he crawled across the cold wood. Where was he? Where was he?! The panic grew stronger and almost suffocated him.

"Help me," he choked out as his head made contact with something hard. He didn't know what it was but at least it was something he could feel so he kept on slamming his head against it. The wound from the bullet started hurting like hell but he didn't really care. Whatever it was he had contact with it suddenly disappeared and he fell flat on his face. A strong hand grabbed him and he screamed in fear. "No go away!"

"Ken?" He knew the voice well but since he had lost his sight he was so confused, so unsure about everything.

"Who's there?" Ken asked as he kept on trying to get away.

"It's me, Aya."

"Aya?" Another hand joined the first and pulled him to his feet.

"What are you doing?" Good question but unfortunately Ken had no answer. "Ken?" Aya lead him back to bed and gently but firmly pushed him down on it. "You're bleeding."

"I don't care," the brunette muttered and tried to get up again.

"Stay!"

"Fuck you! I'm not a dog you can order around," Ken snapped and knew he was acting like a complete jerk. Why had Aya showed up to help him? Why wasn't Yoji… The tears started falling again. Yoji hadn't been near him since that day in the hospital when he told him that he was blind and that was over a week ago. "I'm sorry." Aya didn't say anything and he could no longer say for sure if the redhead was there or not. "Aya?"

"Aa." He wasn't alone, the redhead was still there. A hand touched him but it wasn't Aya. Again scared Ken flinched away and whimpered. Who was it this time?

"Yoji?" he asked hopefully and desperately wanted to hear and feel his lover.

"Sorry Ken-kun it's just me, Omi."

"Oh." There was no way he could hide the disappointment in his voice. "Where… where is Yoji?" Neither one of his friends answered him. "Omi?"

"Hai Ken-kun?"

"Where is he?" Ken sighed, he wanted to see the look on Omi's face so that he could understand what was going on.

"Ken…"

"Aya! Where is he?!" He heard a sigh but had no way of knowing who it came from.

"Yoji went out earlier, before we brought you back here," the redhead answered slowly. Ken turned his back to them and flopped down on the bed.

"Get out!" Another sigh and then he heard the door close. "Why Yoji?" he asked out loud when he was alone again. "Why aren't you here? I need you."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

He was drunk, very drunk and it was a bliss. The bartender seemed to understand what he wanted so the alcohol just kept on coming without him having to order it. A low chuckled escaped him as he downed another glass of whatever it was he was drinking. It was real late or perhaps early depending on how he looked at it. The bar was deserted and the place was about to close but he didn't want to go home to… to…

"Fuck!" he slurred with annoyance. Now he had ruined a perfectly good state of drunkness by thinking about… "Fuck!"

"I've called a cab for you." His head lolled from side to side as he lifted it to look at the bartender.

"I's okay I can drive just fine."

"I'm sorry Sir but you are not driving, you're wasted!" the bartender snapped and took away his glass.

"Hey I was drinking that!"

"You've had more than enough Blondie it's time to go home and sleep it off."

"Can't go home… He's there," he muttered sadly and took a hold of the bar to keep himself from falling off his chair. "Hate him y'know…"

"You're drunk."

"Sooo? Still dun change an'thing."

"Kudou!" A deep smooth and angry voice forced him to turn around.

"Ah lookie it's our fearl's leader. Wha' ya doin' here Aya?" Yoji said and smiled widely with his eyes crossed as he tried to look at his team-mate.

"You're such a bastard Kudou! Why the hell did you just leave like that?" Now he was confused, leave like what?

"Huh? I just went out for a drrrink," the blonde slurred and dragged out the r.

"Shut up!" Aya pulled him up and dragged him towards the exit. "If you weren't drunk I'd beat you black and blue!"

"Oooh Aya's angry with lil ol' me," Yoji chuckled and tried to get his feet to at least touch the pavement.

"Why are you hurting him?" The drunk blonde squinted his eyes in confusion.

"Who' hurting?"

"Throw up and you die! " Aya barked and shoved him inside the car. "Ken, you idiot!"

"I… I…" No he wasn't going to think about Ken, he couldn't. Suddenly he wasn't anywhere near drunk enough. "He's… I…" His heart screamed and tried to crawl away from the reality that Aya had showed it. "Dun wan' talk 'bout him!"

"Fuck you Kudou! Fuck you! He's falling apart and the only thing you can do is get yourself shit-faced." Yoji cowered on his seat and rubbed his face. He wanted to cry but no tears came.

"I hate him Aya… Hate him," he mumbled sadly. The redhead stared at Yoji and frowned deeply. "Love 'im too," the blonde added with a sigh and passed out.

~TBC~

Okay sorry about the way Yoji talks here when he's drunk. I went with how I talk when I've had a little too much to drink *cough cough* I tend to swallow letters when I'm drunk and I can't really see Yoji as someone who slurs as most ppl do when they've gotten plastered. Sorry if it's confusing and stuff… *sighs*

Now, what the hell is wrong with Yoji?? He hates Ken? Why? But he loves him too? Yoji needs to get sober and think about what he's doing ne? And poor Kenken, blind, scared and alone. *hugs Ken* Ja/Atsureki