Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Surrounded By Darkness ❯ Help ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Surrounded By Darkness

By: Atsureki

Disclaimers : This fic wouldn't be here if I owned them!

Warnings : OCC, yaoi, angst, short chapter.

Pairing : Yoji/Ken

Notes : Stuff written in Italic are thoughts.

Chapter 3. Help

He was awake but hadn't opened his eyes. What diffrence did it make anyway? Closed or opened he still couldn't see anything but darkness, a scary black void. Sounds were the only thing left that linked him to the real world but it wasn't enough, it would never be enough. He was just so scared of everything.

When someone touched him he flinched and his heart raced even if he knew who it was. But the hardest thing was that he no longer could look people in the eyes. Without that it was so hard for him to tell what others were thinking, feeling or what they wanted from him. Aya was probably the only one where it didn't seem to matter since he never showed anything in his eyes anyway and Yoji…

Ken bit his lip. Why couldn't he stop thinking about him!? Why couldn't his heart just get that Yoji didn't want anything to do with him anymore? He had almost gotten his lover, or former lover, killed for crying out loud! Was it really that strange that the blonde had turned away from him? He hates me, Ken sighed inside, and that should be okay cause I hate me too.

Yes he did hate himself for not paying attention, for not being able to protect the one he loved better and most of all he hated himself for being angry with Yoji. He wanted to shake the taller man, force him to talk, force him to forgive him. The brunette shook his head. Why would anyone want a man like him as a lover anyway? He was completely useless, couldn't even leave his room on his own. With a sigh he closed his eyes again.

"You need a shower," a flat voice stated and Ken almost had an heartattack.

"Who's there?" he squeaked in fear. That was another thing that really bothered him. He had lived with those three men for years and now just because he was blind he couldn't be sure of which voice belonged to whom. Actually it was much more complicated than that. Ken knew who was talking to him but he was too scared to feel certain.

"Ken you're going to have to stop this!"

"Stop what?!" the brunette snapped and turned his back to the voice he knew deep down inside belonged to Aya.

"Are you really this pathetic Ken? Are you gonna spend the rest of your life lying in bed and feeling sorry for yourself? You're blind, deal with it!" Ken narrowed his unseeing eyes and clenched his jaws together.

"Fuck you Aya! You have no idea what this is like so just fuck off!" To his complete surprise the redhead laughed at him.

"And what are you going to do if I fuck off Ken? I mean let's face it you are completely helpless, aren't you? If I fuck off you won't even be able to go to the bathroom anymore. Omi has school all day so I am the only one left." Aya was mocking him just to provoke him and the brunette knew it, but he fell for it just the same.

"I can fucking make it to the bathroom by myself!" he snarled and scooted off the bed.

"Is that so? I doubt it Kenken," Aya taunted him.

"Don't call me that!" Ken rose to his feet and swayed. "Just fuck off and leave me alone!" The redhead said nothing but there was no sounds of him leaving. Scared and unsure the brunette felt around with his hands. He should know that room but it wasn't that easy when he couldn't see anything. With hesitation he took a few small steps forward, his hands stretched out infront of him. He tripped over something and fought hard to keep his balance. Panicking he froze. He didn't know where he was anymore, couldn't be sure if he had turned or not. "Help me," Ken pleaded and desperately felt around for something, anything that would tell him where he was in the room. A warm hand touched his and he flinched.

"Calm down Ken," Aya's deep smooth voice said softly. "We'll figure this out together, okay?" The brunette nodded. "Good, now just stay calm and I'll help you. You're facing the door, it's about four or five steps away and you need to move a little to the right to stay clear." Ken nervously bit his lip and moved forward and to the right. "One more step and you'll have the frame to your left."

"I'm scared Aya," the brunette whispered but kept moving anyway. His left hand found the door-frame and he grabbed onto it.

"See you made it," the redhead said calmly. "Now just follow my voice." With Aya's help he made it to the stairs. "I'm gonna help you with the steps. Take a hold of the railing with your right hand." He did as the stoic man said and felt Aya take his other hand in his. "Feel for the steps Ken and don't move until you're sure."

"No I'm gonna fall!" the brunette whined and took a step back.

"I won't let you fall Ken, trust me. We'll take it slow." It was slow and it was scary but he made it downstairs safe and unharmed.

"Thank you Aya," Ken murmured and lowered his face.

"You're welcome," the redhead said softly. "Kitchen or the living-room?"

"Kitchen please."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Eating was another thing that was hard to do for him. Chop-sticks were out of the question and even with a fork or a spoon he had to feel around to make sure he had anything to put in his mouth. And then there was the process of actually finding the way to his mouth without spilling whatever it was he was suppose to be eating. For the third time the soup Aya had made for him ended up on his shirt. Ken fought against the tears that wanted to spill and tossed the spoon to the floor.

"Fuck this!"

"Ken don't give up so easily," Aya scolded him lightly and placed another spoon in the brunette's reluctant hand. "Lean forward a little more and take it slow." Ken growled but did as he was instructed. It was easier that way and he managed to put some food in his mouth. "See you aren't helpless." The brunette actually smiled a little and tried again. It took oh so long but he finished without any more spills.

"Could you um help me to the living-room?" he asked quietly.

"Of course," Aya answered. "Just stand up and follow my voice. I'll tell you how to get there." Carefully and guided by the redhead he started walking. He made an effort of trying to count the steps and the direction so that he would remember it later. "Couch, left, two steps. Table, right, two steps." Ken nodded and moved forward until he came into contact with the couch. Proud and relieved he sank down on it and sighed with content.

"Thank you." Aya didn't answer but when the brunette took a moment to sense things he knew that his friend was standing beside him. "Why are you helping me?"

"Why? Why wouldn't I Ken?"

"I just… I've been such a bastard lately," Ken admitted with guilt.

"I understand that this is hard for you and that it'll take time to get used to but all you have to do is ask for help Ken. No one is going to think less of you for it."

"I am sorry though. Hey Aya?"

"Aa."

"Do you think you could help me take a shower? I stink, don't I?"

"Aa you do. Just get up and we'll see what we can do, ne?" Ken turned to the sound of Aya's voice and smiled.

"Thanks."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Yoji closed the shop for lunch and sighed. Aya hadn't showed up for his shift so he had had to face all the girls alone. Annoyed he headed to the kitchen to let the redhead know just what he thought about him at the moment. Frowning when he didn't find Aya the blonde headed upstairs. He had had a sleepless night but he had stayed at home.

It had been two days since he had helped Ken with the sudden pains and he hadn't seen or talked to the brunette since. The sound of Aya's baritone lead Yoji to the bathroom. He looked inside and stiffened at the sight he saw there. The redhead was standing next to the shower which was occupied by a naked and wet Ken. Yoji's eyes narrowed and jealously burned inside of him. What the hell was going on?

"Easy there Ken or you'll slip. Here take my hand." Ken took the redhead's hand and was helped onto the floor where he remained standing, still naked and dripping water all over the place. Aya let go and moved away slightly.

"Aya?! Where are you?" There was obvious panic in the brunette's voice as he seemed to search the bathroom with his brown unseeing eyes.

"I'm right here Ken, just getting you a towel," Aya answered calmly and Yoji could see how the sound of the redhead's voice relaxed his lover. Why the hell was Aya acting so damn nice and caring? And why did Ken sound like he was so fucking dependent on the redhead? The lanky blonde fumed with jealousy and glared daggers at both men. When Aya started drying the brunette's tanned body he had had enough.

"What the fuck are you doing?!" Yoji barked. Ken swirled around and slipped on the wet floor. He would have fallen straight through the glass of the shower's door if Aya hadn't caught him around the waist.

"Kudou you idiot!" the redhead growled and pressed the slightly shorter man against his chest. "Are you trying to kill him?" Anger flashed in the amethyst eyes that glared into green. Slowly Aya let go of Ken and took a step back.

"No! Don't let me go Aya!" the brunette yelled almost in panic and reached out to find his security again. Yoji felt a sharp pain in his chest. He had been replaced that much was obvious. Ken didn't want him anymore, he wanted Aya instead.

"Sch I'm still right here," the redhead said softly and took Ken's hand. He wrapped the towel around the brunette's slender waist. "Let's get you back to your room and find some clothes." Ken nodded and they slowly made it to the door and to the tall blonde. "You and I are gonna have a little talk later!" Aya hissed at Yoji as they passed him.

~TBC~

Yoji's jealous! Does he have a reason? I mean Aya is there for Ken and Yoji isn't, ne?

When it comes to the things Ken's afraid of I've just gone with what seemed normal in my head. I mean he is scared and unsure about everything and I think anyone would be. Most of the things Aya is doing to help him are pretty logical, aren't they? And the way he taunted Ken was just something that came naturally to me. Ken is hot-headed and in my book he hates it when he's a burden to someone. Even if he thinks he's helpless it must seriously tick him off to hear it said straight to his face ne?

Now Yoji just needs to come around and face his problems and sort them out! I wonder what Aya is gonna say to him? Ja/Atsureki