Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Take good care of my baby... ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: oops realised I haven't updated this one in a while…It helps that I'm stuck on the others, so I had to fall back on this one
 
KD (x2): at least I'm normal to somebody
 
Andartha: thanks
 
darkphoenix: Yohji does not get around. Hmph. He belongs to me (as well as his handcuffs and whip cream).
 
 
Chapter 1.
 
 
“Hello Koneko's. May I help you?”
 
“Hai. Is Yohji there?”
 
“Hai. Hold on for a sec.”
 
But the lady on the other end had heard all that she wanted to hear. When Yohji finally sauntered his way over to the telephone, the line was dead.
 
“Ne Kenken who was it?” he asked.
 
“Yohji how many times have I told you not to call me that?” the football fanatic complained. “I don't know, didn't ask…I didn't want to start a conversation in which I'd find out about how lacking you were in bed,” the brunette teased.
 
“You wish! You know you are just jealous of my skills in and out of bed.” Yohji seemed to set out to prove just how skilled he was out of bed by flirting with every woman that came through the door, and attempting to get their number.
 
At the end of a seemingly very long afternoon shift, Ken and Yohji began to close the shop.
 
“Kenken I've failed,” the older assassin whined.
 
“Hmm?” his mind busy with tallying the total sales and recording what flowers needed to be ordered, Ken was only listening to Yohji with half an ear.
 
“According to my statistics, twenty-seven women over the age of eighteen and below forty came in today, out of those twenty-seven fourteen did not have significant others, and I only managed to get thirteen numbers. Thirteen! That means one person resisted me.”
 
Ken looked up, and immediately laughed at the dumbfounded look on Yohji's face. “Yohji, you fail everyday and everyday you have the same dumbfounded look on your face. Get over yourself some women actually resist players.”
 
“I am not a player; I am a lover of women and men.”
 
“How come you never flirt with the men then Yohji?”
 
“How many on average would you say come into the shop every day Kenken?”
 
Ken gave up on counting the sales, Yohji was still sweeping, but he could sweep and talk at the same time.
 
“Um two?”
 
“And for whom do they normally buy flowers?”
 
“Their wives.”
 
Yohji waited for the bomb to hit, for the elevator to reach the top, for Ken to find the missing cards in the deck. Nada.
 
“Kenken, I don't do married or engaged. I've got standards.”
 
“I thought that was only age requirements?”
 
Yohji didn't bother to reply to that one, and continued to sweep and just generally tidy up the shop. Half an hour later, Yohji was finished with his cleaning and impatiently waiting for Ken to lock up the money so that he could call it a day and he could finally leave.
 
“Kenken, how much longer are you gonna be?”
 
“Don't call me that, and if you'd wait five minutes...” Ken said, and shut the hell up he added mentally, then this would go a lot faster.
 
Yohji spent the next five minutes making as much noise as he could, spinning around the dance floor and waltzing with the broom. He was in the middle of propositioning the broom when Ken slammed the accounts book closed.
 
“I'm finished.”
 
“Thank God…you know Aya does it a lot faster.”
 
“Shut up Yohji.”
 
“And he evens gets the accounts right.”
 
“Shut up Yohji.”
 
“And he never double orders the flowers so that we have twice as much as we need.”
 
“It was only that one time! And shut up Yohji.”
 
“And then he helps me clean up.”
 
“Shut up Yohji.”
 
“And he's a lot more pleasant.”
 
“Shut...ha! you didn't catch me with that one Yotan.”
 
Yohji grinned, and left the store headed for who knew where, while Ken climbed the stairs to relax in the apartment above the Koneko and watch a football match before dinner.
 
Yohji walked out the store, and immediately bumped into someone, a very pretty someone at that.
 
“Been waiting for me babe?”
 
“As a matter of fact yes Yohji.”
 
Yohji looked at the girl, and realised to his dismay that he recognised her as a one night stand he'd had a few weeks ago. Crap, that was never good; they always wanted something from you, wondering why you didn't ever call. Ugh this wasn't going to be good.
 
“I'm pregnant.”
 
He was right, it was bad, very bad.