Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Take good care of my baby... ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Naoko and Yohji are mine! *Lawyers whisper* ok I have been informed that only Naoko is mine, apparently Weiss Kreuz belongs to Project Weiss and its creator. Hmph.
 
A/N: sorry *blush* this has been sitting in?on? my computer since early September; I just forgot to update it.
 
KD: you still haven't told me if Ran was a virgin or not!
dp: I've been meaning to ask this for a while but what exactly are you studying? And btw you were first for the last fic.
 
Chapter 2.
 
 
Naoko spent the first week after she had realised that she was pregnant in denial. Then she took action, all that she knew of the father was that his name was Yohji and that he worked in a flower shop.
 
It had taken her three days, forty-four phone calls and nineteen flower shop visits before she had found the right one. There were a lot of Yohjis in Tokyo.
 
Yohji lead Naoko to a coffee shop around the corner from the Koneko, and they sat in silence until the waitress had brought them their drinks.
 
“Soooo pregnant?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“Pregnant?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“As in with child?”
 
“Yes.”
 
As in going to produce a baby?”
 
This idiot was going to be her child's father? “Yes,” she tried to keep the exasperation out of her voice.
 
Apparently it didn't work, but on the plus side he seemed to snap out of his stupor.
 
“Um no offence or anything but are you sure I'm the father?”
 
Naoko supposed it was a valid question, guessing that the people Yohji normally slept with were promiscuous.
 
“Hai. You are only the second person I've slept with, the first is my husband who died a year ago.”
 
“Oh.” Foot meet mouth. “I'm sorry for your loss.” Ugh what could he say, he had just implied that the woman was a whore, something he had no right to do, but he had to make sure.
 
“Okay, I'm sorry if this sounds wrong, but are you sure you want to keep the babe?”
 
“Hai,” the woman looked into the depths of her coffee. “I've felt so lost and confused since my husband died, this child gives me something to live for again. I know I have to take care of myself because if I don't he or she will suffer. I know I have to work, so that the baby will have everything that money can buy. The baby is so innocent and so dependent that I want to better myself for him or her. Does that make sense?”
 
Yohji didn't say anything. Up to this very moment he had always viewed children as something that other people had and other people wanted, but Naoko had shown him differently. He'd be a father to an innocent, someone clean. He'd have someone clean in his life again. God, suddenly he wanted this babe more than anything. He'd do anything in his power not to contaminate her, and she'd look at him and be proud of her father.
 
“I understand.You don't need to do anything I just wanted you to know.”
 
Naoko made to stand up, she had interpreted the long silence wrongly. “No wait, please don't go,” Yohji grabbed Naoko's hand preventing her from leaving. “I want this child please don't keep her from me.”
 
Naoko smiled in understanding, it was the first time since seeing Yohji this afternoon.
 
Yohji grinned back in return, and Naoko suddenly understood why she had slept with him in the first place (besides the alcohol she had since sworn off of), he was going to be a father and he was going to do everything possible to make his baby proud of him.