Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Take good care of my baby... ❯ Chapter 9 ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Weiss, Weiss does however own me.
Real disclaimer: Weiss Kreuz belongs to Takehito Koyasu and Project Weiss. I make no money from this.
 
A/N: And with a sheepish smile, the author thanks those who are still reading and reviewing even though she takes forever to pop out a chapter. Blame all the bad grammar on me since I can't be bothered to send it off to edit. One day I will!
 
Special thanks to: glinwulf and JB
 
Chapter 9
 
 
 
Dear Yohji,
 
I'm a coward.
 
I'm sorry,
 
Naoko
 
********
 
 
“What do you mean she's gone?”
 
“Sir, she left. She wasn't our responsibility anymore, so we let her.” I can't believe those idiot guards let her go. “Now, I understand that you are the father of the child, and therefore responsible for her. So, sign these papers and everyone can be on their way.”
 
“I don't understand, she wanted this baby so much...” Yohji's voice trailed off, and his despondent look touched the heart of the doctor for a second.
 
The young doctor sighed, and ran a hand through his uncombed hair, “Sir, I understand that this wasn't what you expected, but to tell you the truth I've seen it before and will probably see it again. I suggest that you spend the night thinking if you really want to raise the baby on your own or if you want to give it up for adoption.”
 
“Her, it's a girl. A little girl.”
 
“Very well then sir, decide if you want to give her up for adoption. There are lots of loving families that would be honoured to raise her as their own. We look into every family that wants -”
 
“No.”
 
“What?”
 
“I'll take her.”
 
“Are you sure sir? When she's got colic and screaming and miserable, then would not be the time. Children bond young, and -”
 
“I'm sure. Give me the papers.”
 
“Alright, sign here, and here, initial there, and here. Now do you have a car seat for the lovely lady? We can't release her to your care without one.”
 
“Yes,” Yohji lied easily. He had to move fast, he'd have to leave Tokyo, leave Weiss and it would all have to be planned at the spur of the moment. Leaving Japan would be ideal but he had no passport, and no means of getting a passport without Omi.
 
*******
 
With a quick phone call, he made arrangements for his Seven to be transported several times throughout the city, and then to eventually be towed. He'd miss her, but she was too easily traceable.
 
With a sigh, he shifted the bundle of baby in his arms while whispering sweet nothings that only she could hear. “Don't worry I'll protect you. I'll be good to you and you'll be good for me. You'll be my reason to live. I won't let them get you I swear.”
 
And then Yohji walked away from the hospital, away from the death-like gloom that overshadowed the hospital into the parking lot. He stopped when he got to `his' car, and juggling the sleeping form that he held gently in his arms he opened the passenger door.
 
Yohji gently deposited his love into the seat of his car strapping in her sleeping form, and then drove his `new' car into the night, away from Tokyo and away from Weisss.