Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Take good care of my baby... ❯ Chapter 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Weiss Kreuz. I make no money.
 
Thanks to: dv, Dimonyo and KD - for the endless encouragement. I couldn't do this without any of you.
 
 
A/N: sorry for the long update, but the muse is dead. I'm doing this on my own which isn't very much fun *pout* but reviews make me feel guilted into updating...
 
 
 
 
 
Chapter 8
 
Yohji paced, yes he knew it was clichéd, but it gave something for his feet to do. Now if only he could distract his mind with something. Stupid hospital not allowing men in the room - so what if he wasn't sure if he wanted to be there, and the smells of the other rooms when the doors opened weren't exactly appealing. Oh heavens did babies smell unappealing from their time of birth? The books didn't warn him about this. `That's it,” Yohji decided he was out of here. He wasn't ready for this.
 
Yohji looked down at his feet expecting them to move out the door, out the hospital, but nope there they were still pacing up and down. Traitors!
 
Fine! Stupid feet, he'd stay here, see if he'd care. Yohji glanced at his watch which he was glad that this newest model was actually functional as a watch. Kritiker had started building so many gadgets and gizmos in to the compact space that there was no room for actual time keeping, but they seem to have fixed that little quirk. And by his estimates (from the books he'd read) there were only twelve more hours to go...
 
**********
 
“Yohji, where are you? You've got morning shift.”
 
**********
 
“Yohji, you're late even for you...”
 
**********
 
“Yohji, stop ignoring my calls...I'll send Aya after you!”
 
**********
 
“Yohji, they're a bunch of half-naked women over the age of eighteen here. You should come too.”
 
**********
 
“Yohji, we're really starting to get worried. Return my call soon, or else I'll track you down.”
 
“And eat your brain.”
 
“Ken stop yelling crap into the phone; I'm trying to leave a serious message.”
 
**********
 
6 more hours of pacing, perhaps
 
**********
 
A cigarette, what he wouldn't give for a cigarette. Just to pass the time.
 
Maybe he should quit tomorrow.
 
So what if he had been nicotine free for nearly five months; he could do it again...
 
Alright... Yohji knew the truth - if he ever touched a cigarette again he'd never let go.
 
But, he was bored, and panicky, and weren't hospitals supposed to have old magazines that he could flip through? Where the hell were they?
 
**********
 
“Nurse Hikaru let Matahima-sensei know she's 10 cm dilated.”
 
“Hai!”
 
***********
 
“Progressing well”
 
“Fast for a primagravida.”
 
“Hmm, patient said her mom also was like that.”
 
“Genetics are a strange thing.”
 
“Hn.”
 
************
 
“What's the strip like?”
 
“Contractions coming every three minutes with some early decels.”
 
“Looking good, Naoko-san. Sure you haven't done this before?” The doctor winked.
 
 
**************
 
“There's the head.”
 
“Alright one last push, Naoko-san.”
 
“Make sure the cord isn't wrapped around the neck.”
 
“Hai.”
 
“Someone cut the cord.”
 
“Hai.”
 
“Cord blood and gas.”
 
“Good.”
 
“Apgar?
 
“ Nine”
 
“Congratulations, Naoko-san, you've got a beautiful -”
 
“Someone tell that idiot that's been pacing outside the door, that I've, we've got a -”
 
************
 
Yohji grinned, the biggest smile ever to cross his face.
 
“It's a girl, Naoko-chan, a girl. My very own little princess.”
 
 
 
 
A/N: that's right! I was too lazy to think up of a boy name, so by default Yohji got his little princess
 
2) By my estimate the rest of Weiss should be really into the picture in 3-4 more chappies (if I ever get there)