Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Take good care of my baby... ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: WK belongs to Project Weiss and Takehito Koyasu
 
A/N: this was supposed to end with the baby being born but it was too long, sorry
2) I'm sorry for the long time between updates, but I'm trying. Thank you for sticking with me
 
Special thanks to my reviewers who make sure that I don't abandon this: KD, skippyscatt, and snapy pants!
 
 
 
Chapter 7
 
 
Yohji jerked as he felt his left butt cheek vibrate. He sheepishly reached into his backpocket and pulled out his flip phone, deliberately avoiding eye contact with both Omi and Aya who had looked up at the unexpected noise.
 
“Hello,” he whispered. “Oh, hey Naoko. Listen I can't talk now,” he continued still whispering.
 
“Now?” he asked, while deftly avoiding Omi's jumping for the phone. “Okay, I'll be there as soon as possible.”
 
With a sigh, Yohji flipped the phone shut.
 
“Balienese, what have I told you about bringing personal possessions with you on a mission!” Omi panted, breathing deeply to avoid screaming at Yohji and coincidently get detected. “You are so lucky this didn't happen at a different time! Geez, you're just as irresponsible as ever.”
 
Yohji winced. He was trying to change his ways, not that his team-mates knew that.
 
Omi held his hand out to the eldest assassin. “Gimme your phone, Yohji.”
 
“Yes, mom.” Yohji threw it the short distance between the two assassins.
 
Omi grinned evilly, snatched the phone from the air and with a snap broke the phone in half, and pocketed the two pieces. “There, hopefully, that'll teach you a lesson.”
 
“Bom -”
 
“They're here.” Aya spoke for the first time, he had been completely ignoring the antics of his two team-mates, although he silently approved of Omi's methods.
 
“Siberian we're going in.” Omi snarled into his headset, still annoyed by the older blonde.
 
 
Yohji sped to the Koneko, glad that he and the others had not gotten any blood on themselves, this time. He needed to change into proper civilian clothes, and head to the hospital. Naoko was in labour and cleaning his car of blood would have taken precious time. He knew mentally that babies took hours to come, and first time mothers even longer, but he wanted to be there. There would be too many days in the future when he would not be able.
 
Naoko was three days before her due date, he took a deep breath - he knew enough now that the baby would still be term and therefore, hopefully, less problematic, but he was still worried.
 
“Yohji, slow down! I'm sorry okay, I will never break your phone again!” Omi babbled, “Aya, I want to live! I'm too young to die!”
 
Yohji was aware that Omi was talking, but it was all background noise; he had to focus on what he needed to do. He needed to get to the Koneko, shower and then get to Naoko's place, pick up her overnight bag and then get to the hospital. Oh and he needed to grab his bags of money to give it to Naoko tonight. A hospital room would not be the safest place to give the money to Naoko, but he had to give it to her tonight! He had blown his cover and answered the phone while on a mission, Kritiker would be sure to note that and he'd be followed a lot more closely for a while. So, he'd have to avoid Naoko. It was a shame that he'd probably miss a lot of the baby's growing but it was better that than to let Kritiker know his secret.
 
Yohji was jerked back into awareness as a foot stomped on his, and then on the brake. He looked up. Aya was straddling the midsection of the car so that his foot could reach the brake, and under his hand the hand brake also seemed to be up.
 
“Red light,” Aya said and pointed with his chin to the busy intersection, and then calmly resumed his seat. Omi was hyperventilating in the back.
 
“Oh. Sorry.”
 
 
“Never again, Yohji. Never!”
 
“I said sorry, Omittchi.”
 
“Never!” Omi screamed as he ran up the stairs from the garage.
 
Yohji turned to his other passenger who had gotten out of the car, and was calmly shedding his coat. “Sorry, Aya.”
 
Aya looked up and gave Yohji a small grin, “It was fun.”
 
Yohji smiled back, relieved that the quiet redhead wasn't annoyed; things could be quite difficult when he was annoyed.
 
Aya shook out his cloak once more and proceeded to hang it up on the coat rack by the staircase leading upstairs to the kitchen, then he removed his boots and aligned them neatly by the door. He closed his eyes as if gathering courage and said “Yohji, we need to talk.”
 
“Now? No offence Aya, but I've got a hot date.”
 
“Yes, now.”
 
“What about?”
 
“Let's go upstairs in the kitchen - I want a cup of tea.”
 
Yohji followed the unusually talkative assassin up the stairs wondering what was up.
 
 
Aya waited until both his cup of tea and Yohji's coffee were brewed before saying anything. Yohji knew better than to rush the redhead; he'd get the words out but at his own time. Time was the one thing the blonde felt that he didn't have - he bounced his legs up and down underneath the kitchen table to hide his growing impatience.
 
Aya held his teacup between his two hands, silently savouring both the scent and the warmth that the tea gave to him. Ritual completed, he spoke. “It has come to my attention, Yohji that you have been somewhat settled recently.”
 
Shit, shit, shit. Yohji cursed himself mentally. He had been trying to duck beneath Weiss' radar, apparently unsuccessfully.
 
Taking the blonde's silence for acquiescence, Aya continued. “With Naoko-san.”
 
Double shit!
 
“I'm afraid that I'll have to tell you the same thing that you told Ken about Yoriko. Our hands are too dirty, Yohji. She'll never know all your secrets, and if she does her life will be endangered.”
 
Well this was better than Yohji had expected, no one had figured out his little secret - all he had to do was a class `A' act. Yohji pushed back his kitchen chair and stood up, “I wouldn't worry Aya, Naoko called during the mission and said that she wanted to talk. We all know what that means.”
 
Problem solved.
 
Now to get to the hospital.