Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Take good care of my baby... ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own WK. Weiss Kreuz is owned by Takehito Koyasu and Project Weiss
 
A/N: I'm not super feeling this chapter but it'll do for now :S
Warning: poor grammar as usual - with the usual story of I'll fix it someday
 
Thanks to mystice who reminded me this fic is still out there waiting to be finished
 
 
Chapter 6
 
 
 
Eight months.
 
Yohji had started getting to know Naoko better - she came from an old, traditional family, and had apparently married into an even older, more traditional one.
 
Yohji hadn't even realised those families existed anymore.
 
Her `ancestral' house - looked like it had been built in the 1800's or whenever it was that those samurais had been around.
 
Yohji idly wondered if his kid would expect him to help with his history homework. Yohji had barely passed it the first time, and he strongly suspected it was only because his history teacher a) didn't want him in her class another year and b) his flirting had probably helped. Yohji mentally shrugged, he had always been a flirt.
 
And so now, Yohji was visiting the ancestral home of Naoko's late husband and it was even older than her ancestral home. He'd guess that most people would find the architecture to be inspiring and be impressed that the family had been something-or-the-other to some long gone emperor.
 
But all Yohji thought when he had met them was they were old, stuck in their ways and not that happy that their late son's wife was `knocked up by some dead beat.'
 
The meeting with her family hadn't gone much better earlier, and if he remembered correctly they had said that `someone so sullied hadn't `graced' their house in about two hundred and fifty years.'
 
Yohji had only responded when they began insulting Naoko, and in the end she had pulled him from the room after she had bowed and said she understood.
 
Well that was that, there'd be no support from either her relatives or her late husband's. Not that Naoko had quite expected the latter, but she thought that there was a very small chance that they'd want to keep in contact with her.
 
 
Eight months.
 
And Yohji was getting antsy.
 
“Shouldn't you want to pack a bag or something just in case?”
 
“A bag? For what?”
 
“You know,” he said, “for the hospital…”
 
“Hospital? I'm not going to the hospital. I'm going to have a midwife.”
 
“A midwife?” Yohji screeched.
 
“Breathe, Yohji, breathe.”
 
“I'm breathing.”
 
“Hmm, is that why your face is turning blue?”
 
“Just explain.”
 
“I'm going for the traditional delivery.”
 
“Traditional?” Yohji hadn't realised that his voice could go that high.
 
“Yup.”
 
“Is she even registered?”
 
“Midwifery has been this family's job for generations and she has delivered my brother and me.”
 
“Oh god, she's old, she's unregistered. She's gonna drop the baby.”
 
“Yohji, relax. I'm just playing with you - I packed my bag last week. You've been to the ob with me, you know it's going to be in a hospital.”
 
“Right.”
 
“You just don't know that my ob's going to be out of town, so he's gotten a replacement to help deliver.”
 
“A replacement? Did you look up credentials? How old is he? How many deliveries? Naoko you're killing me here!”
 
 
Eight months.
 
And it was time for the inevitable battle of wills.
 
“Hanako.”
 
“No, sounds too `hippie-esque.' Keiko.”
 
“But, it was appropriate. No. Everyone and their mother is named Keiko. Kokoro.”
 
“No. Reminds me too much of that old song, Kokomo. How about Kokomo?”
 
“No. Manami.”
 
“No.”
 
“Asuka.”
 
“No, definitely, no.”
 
“Alright. Hmmm, Emi?”
 
“Hmm, I like.”
 
“About time.”
 
“Did you say something?”
 
“No, Yohji-kun.”
 
“Your innocent act needs work, Naoko-san.”
 
Naoko stuck her tongue out at Yohji. Strangely, since their initial encounter where there must have been some sexual tension, there hadn't been any since. “Anyway we still have to decide on a boy's name.”
 
“Crap.”
 
 
Names were taken from http://www.behindthename.com/nmc/jap.php and Hanako is spelt from the kanji meaning flower and child