Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Take good care of my baby... ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: WK doesn't belong to me but to Takehito Koyasu and Project Weiss
 
A/N: I like this chapter I don't know why
 
Thanks KD, dv and bly for still reading…(hopefully)
 
 
 
Chapter 5
 
Six months.
 
Six months had passed since he had first found out. He had stopped smoking, drinking clubbing and had started playing football, stealing Omi's textbooks, listening to Aya talk about Aya-chan and reading parenting books.
 
He had been to the library. He had to fake dates, he was lying to his team-mates (Okay, so he did that anyway just for fun), but he had to fake dates! And his kid wasn't even born yet.
 
One thing was for certain - he wasn't ready.
 
How did people do this? Babies required twenty-four hour supervision. Toddlers did things - he had discovered the terrible two's. Little kids painted the walls, dug in private drawers, thought it would be fun to tie-dye *shudder*. Older kids got into even worse trouble and started demanding to be dropped here and carried there, and not wanting to be seen with their parents.
 
Yohji dropped his head into his hands, and then there was puberty. A whole other world of mischief kids could get into - drugs, sex and rock and roll (Yohji suspected at this point that the parenting book he was looking at was a little outdated).
 
Kids were a drain on the mind, on the heart, on the wallet. Why on earth did humans, who were smarter than the average animal, willingly reproduce?
 
This was it, Yohji was going to march over to Naoko's and tell her he couldn't do it, she would understand - she hadn't expect that much from him anyway.
 
Certainly she had been surprised by his insistence that he be there at every visit to the doctor, and his wanting to feel the baby kick, and his adamant refusal to know the sex of the baby.
 
But no more! Kudoh Yohji is a ladies' man, not a babies' man.
 
Yohji marched straight out of the library and into the street, feeling strangely liberated, right until he walked into the park and saw parents with their kids. There were hundreds (or at least ten) playing with their siblings, pets, friends or parents.
 
One kid was screaming at the top of his lungs for ice-cream. Thank goodness, he had wisened up - he had nearly committed himself to one of these brats.
 
“Oni-san?”
 
Yohji looked down at the little kid who was tugging on his Arnani* shirt with his grubby fingers.
 
“Yes?” Yohji fought the urge to shrug the kid's fingers off of his shirt and to go running as far as possible as fast as possible.
 
“Do you want to play with me?” The boy let go of Yohji's shirt and handed Yohji a very old, very beat up Frisbee.
 
Yohji winced as his index finger and thumb came into contact with the germ infested disc. He opened his mouth to tell the kid in no uncertain terms to buzz off when he finally made eye contact with the little boy.
 
The boy had the brightest, most-expressive brown eyes that just begged for anyone and everyone to treat him nicely, and Yohji crumpled.
 
XXXX
 
Two hours.
 
Yohji had spent two hours throwing and catching a Frisbee, running after a five year old boy, playing on the monkey bars, getting sand and dirt and worms and who knew what else in his shirt, in his hair, and in his pants which were now ripped because said little boy was apparently hyperactive or just given too much candy.
 
And the saddest part was that Yohji didn't care because at the end of the day the boy's eyes had lit up brighter than a Christmas tree.
 
And after feeling the chubby arms wrapped around his legs, Yohji knew that he'd be at the park again tomorrow after studying some more parental manuals in the library.
 
 
*done deliberately :P
 
A/N: don't ask me where the kid's parents were `cuz I haven't a clue.