Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Take good care of my baby... ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Well I'm glad that some people thought that the last chapter wasn't boring, unfortunately I'd classify this one as only slightly less boring :S
 
Bly: *hug*I'm glad you liked and thanks for the vote of confidence.
Dv: but not sugar overloaded I hope?
KD: thanks *glomp* (that's only b/c I haven't done that in a while)
 
Disclaimer: guess what? I don't own Weiss.
 
Chapter 4
 
Smoking was a bad habit.
 
That's what everyone told him. His mother had told him bad habits were hard to break, she should have said hell to break.
 
Yohji wondered why he had been thinking of his mother so frequently, this child of his was doing strange things to him, and it hadn't even been born yet.
 
Yohji was trying the clean living thing, and his room-mates were suffering for it.
 
The lack of nicotine thing was killing him, his body craved a nicotine fix, his nose craved the scent of smoke, his hands craved something because they were shaking as hell.
 
Yohji buried his face in his hands, he couldn't do this. His team-mates didn't understand, they were firm believers that their bodies were temples; Yohji believed his was a club - to keep it going it needed alcohol, legal women and smoke. Lots and lots of cigarette smoke.
 
“Oh God, I need a cigarette.”
 
“Yohji-kun, you only decided to quit smoking last night, and you've only been awake,” Omi looked up at the store clock, “twenty-five minutes.”
 
“I can't do this, look at me. This is not the face of a non-cigarette smoker.”
 
“What made you decide to quit now, Yohji-kun?”
 
Yohji was prepared for this question, way more prepared than his body was to live without something he'd ingested into his body everyday for the past seven years. “Did you know smoking ages you? I found that out yesterday.”
 
“I should have known that me preaching to you about your health was a waste of my time. Hmm the vanity spot, didn't think of that.”
 
Yohji groaned, his babe better appreciate what the hell clean living actually meant. He'd better be one of those kids that worshipped and listened to every word his father said because he absolutely did not know the hell Yohji was going through for him.
 
Yohji groaned again.
 
The bell on the door chimed, signalling that someone wanted flowers. Yohji groaned much more quietly this time, and raised his head, who the hell wanted flowers at 8:30 in the morning anyway.
 
“Hey Omi, Yohji.” Great it was Mr. Sports-nut himself.
 
`Someone save me and put me out of my misery,' Yohji thought as he let his head bang on to the counter.
 
“What's with him?” Ken pointed a thumb at the lump of blonde by the cash register.
 
“First half hour of cigarette withdrawal.”
 
Ken started bouncing his football on his knees, “Did you tell him yet about the weight gain, to prepare him for that?”
 
Too late, he noticed Omi's hushing gestures.
 
“Weight gain! Weight gain?” Yohji shrieked and started thumping his head against the counter.
 
“Oh Yohji-kun, it doesn't happen to everyone, and well you're too skinny anyway.”
 
Mutters of `Oh my precious body' could be heard between the thunking head sounds.
 
 
“How long has he been at that now?”
 
Yohji was chewing on a pencil, fingers twitching towards his pockets every now and then.
 
“Since about 9:15am. Don't go by him Aya-kun, he's very, very snappy.”
 
“Well I'm not putting up with that.”
 
“Aya-kun, be nice, you know you wanted him to quit too. We have to be supportive.”
 
“Omi, I am not staying on shift with that.” Aya pointed at Yohji with his chin and then spun oh his heels and walked out.
 
“Aya-kun wait, I have school! Wait, please!” Omi glared at the older blonde, rationally he knew it wasn't his fault that the redhead had no form of patience, but he had school. Ordinarily he'd leave Yohji alone in the store and let him suffer with the fangirls and the paying customers, but Yohji hadn't sold one thing for the day, in fact he had sent one girl crying.
 
 
Omi was busy watching the clock, in ten minutes school would start.
 
In nine minutes and thirty seconds school would start.
 
Nine twenty-seven.
 
Nine nineteen.
 
Didn't his bastards of a team care that he would like to continue his education? That he would like to graduate high school?
 
Oh sure, just because they all had already. Well actually only Aya had graduated. Ken had a private tutor before his life went to hell, and Yohji never talked about his past enough to know exactly what happened, but Omi knew that he hadn't finished, that he had left school when he was sixteen.
 
Nine minutes even.
 
The bell tinkled.
 
Omi looked up.
 
“Go or you'll be late.”
 
Omi ran.
 
Aya stalked to his prey, and flung something at him, “Use them and shut up.”
 
Yohji fumbled with the bag, and finally got it open - nicotine patches and gum.
 
“I love you, Aya.”
 
Aya merely stalked away, pretending that the little episode never happened whilst Yohji shoved three pieces of gum and two patches on his body.
 
He sighed and relaxed for the first time since quitting, this wasn't so hard - his team-mates were making a fuss for no reason.