Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ The Darkness Within a Melody ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title- The Darkness Within a Melody

Author- Locura

Warnings- AU! OOC! YxA/AxY, PersiaxManx/ManxPersia, Future K+O/O+K perhaps KxO/OxK

Archive- Fanfiction.net & Mediaminer.org

Disclaimer- The Weiß Kreuz chara's aren't mine, I'm just barrowing them. Don't sue, I own nothing but an Omi pen and 4 dvd's and I wanna keep them!

DEDICATED TO CHIBIUKYOU

Author Notes- First off *holds up calendar* I am well aware it is still September and that there is in no way even close to December or the first day of Winter (being that it just changed to fall and all). However, while I have few online friends I still would like to get them *something* for their Winter Holidays (so if you know me fairly well eventually you`ll get something ^.^ even if you don`t understand the question) and if I don't start now I'll forget someone (;-; which would be sad). So I'm starting now with Chibi's fic, who I hope likes it. Also it is on ff.net because she asked me to post it here…soo… yeah…Anyway I'll shut up now! Enjoy!

***= Scene changes and Markings for beginning and ending

***

In the Kingdom of Kritiker, a tiny Kingdom south of Lathen and north of EstE, there lived a prince. Now there were other Princess that lived in that land and many more if you included the lands surrounding Kritiker but there was one in particular that seemed to attract more problems then honey did bees. That fact, however, may have steamed from his family but one could never be quite sure.

You see he had been adopted in the family of royals many years ago, at such a time that he never remembered not living with them. His father was called Persia and he was the king of all Kritiker, his mother was Manx and the pair of them rarely had time for their sons, biological or not. His brother was called Aya, a name he had taken from their Nanny when she had allegedly died from accidentally falling down the stairs when they were eleven, and Aya's lover, who used to be a thief, assassin, and a tavern keeper in his spare time, was called Yohji.

Yes, it was safe to say that many of Ken's problems came from his family. And those problems were only going to get worse it seemed.

***

Persia turned towards Manx, his robe twirling slightly and knocking down a candlestick, which they both purposely ignored. "Ran-I mean Aya's lover is nice boy, Yohji, isn`t it?"

Manx nodded from her position on her desk and scribbled a few more letters onto the parchment in front of her. "Yes, they seem very content with each other."

"What about Ken? I don`t believe Sakura mentioned anything about him in her last report." He ran a hand threw his hair and took a seat. "Has he not fallen in love yet? It's nearing his twenty-first birthday."

"No dear." Manx looked up momentarily before opening another scroll with her dagger. "But I do not believe its time for such talk, your brother is planning war again."

"Is he? I though he`d grown out of that years ago."

"I`m afraid not." She passed him the scroll. "It seems like he believes in those seers and has been told to attack starting on the first day of the New Year."

"We`ll have to send a few ambassadors over then and try to promote peace before it gets out of hand then, won`t we?" Persia frowned, his brow furrowing before his face lightened and he grinned.

"This better not be some crazy plan to save the Kingdom and fix what you think are some love problems, or lack there of, at same time again." Manx's lips pressed together in a firm red line. "I won`t stand for another one after that last disaster."

"Its nothing like that." He said hastily, the memories of the disastrous ball he had thrown flashing before his eyes. "I was just thinking how our sons haven`t visited my brother for a while. When was the last time anyway? Ten? Twelve years?"

"Fifteen." The word was harsh. "And if you even think I`m going to let you toss our poor children to your crazy brother you are out of your mind."

"But honey."

"Don`t `But Honey' me. Its not going to happen end of discussion." She placed her quill forcefully into the ink vase.

***

Ken stared at the looking pool. He had been staring at it for a long time now, just looking in at himself and ignoring his sibling and his sibling's lover making out on the picnic blanket behind him. `You'd think that after all this time they'd have a little more control over themselves.' He thought as the sounds escalated from quiet noises much lauder moaning sounds. `You'd also think I'd have more sense then to come with them on a picnic. But nooo~ I thought anything would be worth getting away from the Ladies at court.'

Another more throaty moan, some mumbled words and the sound of sliding material and Ken decided to leave, striding quickly to the opposite forest line. They might have taken him out here for a break but that did not mean he had to stay with them as they had sex on the picnic blanket.

`This is great, Aya and Yohji are having sex on my picnic blanket, I think Persia's planning another scheme of his, Manx is sending me worried looks and every time I am anywhere but my room at the castle I am surrounded by the Court Lady`s.' He snorted quietly as he walked down a path. The paths all went in circles and ended up in the same place but it was better then wondering aimlessly. `Its days like this I wish Aya and Yohji hadn't met at that ball. Before at least half of the girls went to him and ignored me. Now all they ever do is flock and fallow me.'

He had made his way to a brook that babbled around the small in closed section of the palace forest and threw a stone it. `I don't see why either. Its not like I'm that cute and I'm always messing something up.' He took a seat on one of the nearby benches and tossed in another stone. `I don't even know my preference so they assume and never stop throwing themselves at me.'

Ken blushed at that thought, remembering that time one of the girls had literally thrown herself at him when he had been on his way to breakfast in his pajama's, and the other time when the same girl -somehow- found herself naked, in a compromising position and magically having candles surrounding his bed without knowing how. If he didn't know any better, and he wasn't sure he did, he would think that this was all some complex plot of his parents to get him to marry and/or give them grandchildren.

The prince was about to stand and continue on his way back to the castle when he heard the sound of pounding hooves and the clank of metal before a rider in full uniform appeared from behind him.

"My Prince," The man jumped off his horse and bowed, his hand sweeping downward. "I have some most urgent news in which to tell you and your brother."

Ken stood and shook his head. "I'm afraid my brother is…busy currently but if you tell me the news I will gladly tell him as soon as he is available."

The rider looked nervously around, his blue eyes shifting uneasily. "But I was told to tell you both at the same time…"

Ken shook his head. "You wouldn't want to disturb him. So please, tell me the message?"

"Your Father is sending you and Prince Aya, along with his lover, to EstE to visit with your cousins Hirofumi, Masafumi, and Mamoru." The rider took out a small pouch and fiddled with it a moment before handing it to him. "He said to go to the stables immediately, your stuff is already ready and you all are to set out as soon as you get there."

Ken frowned, it wasn't like Persia to make plans for them like this and he was surprised Manx was letting him send them away so quickly without warning. "Alright. You may return to your post or take your break. We will arrive shortly."

The Rider bowed once more and saddled with ease before riding away, leaving Ken still surprised by the brook. One thing, he was sure, if they couldn't for some reason get two rooms at the taverns on the way he was going to knock both of the other boys out with sleeping salts and that was that.

***

"I can't believe you expect us to sleep outside tonight." The words fell unbidden from Ken's lips and he immediately shut his mouth in hopes to keep anything else from slipping out.

"Oh, Kenken!" Yohji moved his horse beside Ken's and slapped him on the back. "It's not like its bad weather, in fact its nice out! So what's to complain about sleeping under the stars while going to a hostile country that's likely to try and kill you on sight?"

"Its not that I'm worried about." The words were ground out threw clinched teeth. "If I have to hear you two make out or anything else again during this trip I'm going to hurt both of you. Yesterday and last night were enough!"

"Aww…."Yohji winked. "Don't say that, you know you liked the free show!"

"SHUTUP!" Ken's face was read and he looked forward hopefully, thinking that Aya would bridge his silence and tell his boyfriend to leave him alone. There was no such luck.

"If you'd like I can show you a few of my old moves, Kenny. Then maybe you can find a nice little girl or boy to take home to mommy and daddy. I'm sure they'd be so thrilled!"

"I don't want to know what you used to do or what you do now!"

Yohji put a in his bag and rummaged around for a moment before making an excited sound. "But its so easy Kenken. How can I not pass on this knowledge? Its children's stuff and you don't know it." He handed Ken a small brown bag with a heart sown on front.

"You've had this planned, haven't you?"

The older boy nodded. "Yes but Aya helped to!"

The said brother grunted but didn't offer any other comment.

Ken could guess what was contained in the pouch and put a hand to his forehead. "Will this trip ever end…?"

***

"They're coming, aren't they?" Two men sat in a darkened room with but one candle between them to lighten the chamber, its flickering light sending dark shadows around the room.

"Your brothers brats? Yes." The other man said, his hand reaching towards the flicker flame. "But as long as your youngest brat under hand, as he should be, you have nothing to fear."

"Good." The man leaned back his hands resting behind his head. "I've waited to long for this. Finally my Brothers-" he spat the word. "-Kingdom will be mine."

"Yes," The other mans hand rested over the flame a moment before smothering it with his fingertips, the smoke and light seeping into the darkness. "As long as you take caution everything will go as planned."

***

Muted blue eyes stood by a corner in the corridor beside his fathers chamber, his chest moving slowly to show he was breathing but no sound rose form his being. They would be coming soon. He smiled and tapped his lips with a finger in thought. If he tried hard enough maybe he could keep the things his father desired from happening. But only if he were to do it just right.

He smiled again and looked out the window beside him, slowly taking out a tiny wooden box and opening it to let the simple music play. He had only a little to give now and a little he could do, but perhaps it would be enough.

***