Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ The Darkness Within a Melody ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title- The Darkness Within a Melody Chapter Two

Author- Locura

Warnings- AU! OOC! YxA/AxY, PersiaxManx/ManxPersia, Future K+O/O+K perhaps KxO/OxK, HirofumixFarfarello/FarfarelloxHirofumi

Archive- Fanfiction.net & Mediaminer.org

Disclaimer- The Weiß Kreuz chara's aren't mine, I'm just barrowing them. Don't sue, I own nothing but an Omi pen and 4 dvd's and I wanna keep them!

DEDICATED TO CHIBIUKYOU

Author Notes- I feel I should tell you that now that I look at my notes (which are a good deal long) on this idea and think it may get kind of elaborate. I'm either going weave the story right or end up having it tangled in around me as a very tricky horrendously written trap. I hope to be able to say later that I've grown enough in writing to be able to write this story the way I feel it should be told and told well but I'm not sure if I can currently. Please be weary and understand, I might not be able to write it as well as I'd like if I rush it. It will not be finished with Five chapters in fifteen days as my last story in September was. However I hope you enjoy the fic anyway as I will try hard to make it entertaining and hopefully understandable(if its not HIT ME and tell me so!). Enjoy.

***= Beginnings, endings and changing times etc.

***

Ken looked up, his hand attempting to block the harsh sunlight as he peered at the dark spectacle beside the ocean of Shedig. It was easily twice the size of his own home and dark, darker then the black sun that came ever few years. Its windows were light in the afternoon but no colors appeared as they had before and they looked eerily like the blank listless eyes of the dead staring back at the three travelers on horseback.

It was quiet for a moment, none of them could hear anything coming from the walls and they didn't move until Yohji urged his horse forward to the wall and rapped on the black marble with his knuckles. "You`d think they`d of spotted us by now. You sure this is the right place? Its creepier then Blind Balls Alley, and that's pretty creepy. "

Aya nodded and there was silence for a full while before a low groaning sound, similar to that of a dieing animal began, growing louder as the seconds past.

Ken's horse pranced in place and he shifted to lay his hands over her ears to block the noise and keep her from spooking. "Sounds like they should oil their hinges."

The door was partially open by five minutes past and in a last ditch effort to lighten both of his companion's moods Yohji winked at Ken, "Ready to see some new lads and ladies? I can still teach you a thing or two you know."

Any comment Ken could have made was lost as the door finished opening and reveled the Royal family waiting for them, complete with personal guards.

"Welcome Prince Aya, Prince Ken! My have your grown sense you last entered these walls!" Their Uncles voice boomed around the nearly empty enclosure.

"May your Kingdome be ever rich and Harbor ever full King Reiji." Ken's head weaved to Aya, thankful that at least he knew the formal greetings, but frowned as he saw his brother glare. "We thank you for your great hospitality."

"Come my nephews! There is no need to formality with family." Ken forced his face to look neutral, something was wrong. This man before him had a face that was relaxed and welcoming but his eyes were cold and Ken was reminded of a snake in the grass ready to strike at any moment. "Let your horses be brushed and rested by my hostlers and let you be reintroduced to your family which you have not seen in so long."

"Uncle," Aya said, his voice toneless and indifferent as ever. "You know me and my brother but I do not believe you have met my lover, Yohji Kudou." He slid off his horse and moved next to Yohji's, offering a hand down as he did so.

The Kings eyes raked the blond man as he got off his horse with aid from Aya. "You have great taste in male concubines my Nephew, I never thought that you would have such an eye before."

Aya's jaw tightened and his arm shook slight as he repressed the urge to hit the man. "He is not my concubine, Uncle, he is my lover and a freeman in his own right. I do not and would never own him!"

Ken, now dismounted, could feel the tension building. Kritiker was a non-enslaving kingdom and there were rarely any who had concubines but here in EsetE there were many slaves and more concubine slaves then anything else. One blessing was that Yohji had yet to say anything, because Ken was sure that any comment made now, except in humility, would have them thrown out and the war started.

"Uncle," He faltered, unsure how to act as a diplomat and nephew in such a time when manners were everything. "We are...exhausted from travel and mean no disrespect from out snappy attitudes-" Aya shot him a look and Ken shut his mouth as Reiji cut in, abruptly spinning with his hand outstretched like he had often times seen his father do.

"But of course! Let the introductions be made and the a slave will show you to your rooms and then to the bathing chambers before supper."

Reiji motioned for a pale young man to stand and he did so, his robes a dark gray color that shimmered slightly in the light. "My younger son Prince Masafumi, a magician of all sorts and a brilliant mixer of potions." He placed a hand on the next on drawing him closer. "And my oldest, Hirofumi, he is to take the crown from me one day." This one stood closely to a white-haired man and looked coldly about him, a hand frozen in the motion of pushing up his glasses.

"I would also introduce the bodyguards but I think that you will meet them yourselves in due time. Do not be afraid of them, they are only here for our protection and yours." Reiji smiled. "Dinner will be in a few hours and a slave will take you there, for now Omi will show you the way and assist you."

As he spoke Ken saw a small light-haired boy scamper out from a doorway across the courtyard. His body was thin and pale from under the baggy black clothing he wore and his light blue eyes stood out brightly from his face. The boy bowed soundlessly to their Uncle a moment before turning and bowing to them as well.

"Do not mind the boy, he`s a special slave and I`m sure he will not annoy any of you." Their Uncle made a shooing motion with a hand. "No rest and bathe, anything you need will be provided, all you need to do is ask."

Omi motioned for them to fallow him and walked away cautiously, glancing back many times to make sure they were all behind him. It was because of this habit that let him see the particularly scalding look his father sent to the three guests.

***

Omi frowned as he led the trio down the torch lit corridors. He knew these were the ones his father wanted to kill but he still didn't understand who the youngest child was that he also spoke of the few nights before. He didn't claim kin to him, though the maids swore he was, and Reiji obviously wasn't using Masafumi for anything but his magic.

The whole plot simply didn't make sense to him yet, but if he were to fix it, it would have to.

He smiled a little as he remembered watching the greeting from his hiding place in a doorway, the three striking young men in bright colors against the blackness of the castle, two of them lovers and a third very handsome, seemingly single, man. Omi blushed at his foolishness, a daydream of the last man taking him away to the seemingly fabled Kritiker Kingdom, a kingdom where everyone was happy and colors where bright floating half formed in his head.

His shook himself then and forced himself to watch where he was going, quietly listening to the conversation around him.

***

"That's our Uncle?" Ken turned to Aya, keeping half an eye on the quiet boy in front of them. "He`s creepy! I could swear he was plotting out deaths as he smiled!"

"KEN!" Aya's voice barked out. "This is not the time for this discussion!"

Yohji nodded, his hand motioning at the boy before them. "He`s right Ken, there are ears here you know. Keep opinions to yourself or we will lose support in stopping this war."

Ken was about to press the issue with the boy stopped suddenly; causing Ken to collide with him and sending them tumbling onto the stone floor, Ken landing squarely on top of the sprawled and dazed looking smaller boy. They lay there for a moment, both a little dazed and quietly locking eyes before they heard the quiet sniggering of Yohji behind them.

"Go for it Kenken! New country! New conquests! Looks like I underestimated how quickly you would start!"

Both boys' faces grew hot and Ken quickly jumped to his feet, whirling to face his brother's lover and noticing for the first time his own brothers amused smirk. "I am not going to have sex with that boy!" Turning back around Ken offered a hand up to the other youth. "I`m very sorry for running into you, Omi, isn`t it?"

The blond-haired boys eyes light up in gratitude as he stood up with the help of Ken's hand and he nodded at his name but didn't say anything else. The slave boy instead pointed to Yohji and Aya and then to the room to the right.

It was then all three boys looked at the other closely, realizing for the first time they had never heard a noise come from the other boy even when being toppled.

"You can speak to us if you wish, Omi. We aren't you Masters." Ken said quietly, wondering if that to was a law, that slaves could not speak to the upper class. But the boy only shook his head in reply and put a hand over his throat looking imploringly at the others.

"He can`t talk Ken." Aya's quiet announcement made the said boy jump and look back startled.

"What do you mean? Is it some rule?"

"No, he just can`t for some reason, I think. Maybe we can ask someone to find out sometime but for now I think Aya and I will go into the room he`s pointed out and relax." Yohji grinned. "Then bathe. Good bye Kenken, we`ll probably be back on the road before you know it!"

It wasn't a second later that Ken and Omi found themselves alone in the hallway, the lamps flickering slightly and faces both still faintly flushed.

***

Crawford smiled as he sloshed his wine around in its goblet, the dark red nectar nearly spilling out over its edge. One with the ability to see the future was one to fear because while he sees all he may not share the entirety of what he sees. No matter who he's with.

It had started once again. A plot that kept repeating every few centauries each slightly different and if he worked his plan right he would win this game.

He looked up before the door opened and frowned at the other man, "Schuldich, what a pleasant surprise. What is it that you want?"

"Nothing..." He drawled as he sat on the desk, his red hair spilling dramatically over his contrasting green cloths. "Simply nothing but something new to play with, the maids and slaves are getting dull."

"Well then," Crawford touched his glasses. "I believe I have something for you to be ready to do. And I can assure you the minds you will meld and crush will be far sweeter then those you have ever tasted before."

***

Ken felt refreshed after a long hot bath, something he had always taken for granted but now loved with a passion because of the lack of hot water on the trip. Sighing happily he fell backwards onto the bed in his room and closed his eyes, his robe loosening around him. He knew dinner was most likely going to be called soon, much sooner then he was accustomed to, but he loved the feel of silk underneath him and his sore body rejoiced in the beds comfort.

He had fallen into a light doze when the sound of softly treading feet found his ears and he half opened his eyes to see who had come in. It was Omi, the boy still dressed as before, was going threw his chest of cloths. Ken may have said something but it was the way the boy quietly pawed threw the materials that caught his eye and kept him quiet, he was curious of what the other boy was doing.

His light blue eyes light up as he found some nice silk pants and a green shirt that Ken's mother always said looked wonderful on him, before pulling them all the way out of the trunk and closing the lid. The boy frowned then, looking straight at Ken but not knowing he was actually awake, and placed the clothing on the other side of the bed. Watching the boy cock his head to the side, hands on hips, Ken couldn't help but let out a giggle and open his eyes wide showing the other that he was already awake.

The slave boys eyes widened and then he glared, a look that instead of putting fear into Ken only made him smile and hold back his laughter, the quiet boy was way too cute for his own good even glaring.

The blond boy shook his head at Ken and pointed to the cloths.

"Alright, alright. I`ll get dressed, its time for dinner right?" The boy nodded and smiled gesturing to the door as Ken pulled up his pants. "I`m coming, I`m coming."

***

Yohji and Aya were already seated at the dinning table when Ken finally made it there. the food just starting to be served and the entire family coldly looking at each other.

"I`m sorry I was late. I over slept." Ken excused himself and sat down looking away from everyone else's piercing gaze.

"Its not your fault at all, nephew." His Uncle smiled sourly. "I instructed Omi to wake you with enough time and to chose you cloths, it is his fault and he will be punished accordingly."

"W-What?!" Ken leaned forward and was about to protest when he felt a hand squeeze his leg warningly. The brown-haired Prince fell silent and looked away, the surge of protectiveness he felt when he heard Omi was going to be hurt not dissipating.

"Uncle." Aya's voice was neutral as he turned the conversation. "I seem to remember a third cousin. May I ask what has happened to him?"

The Kings lips tightened into a thin line before slowly drawing in a deep breath. "I`m afraid Mamoru has been quite ill lately. He will, however, be joining us for supper tomorrow but I`m afraid he will not have enough energy to socialize much during your stay."

"I see."

The rest of the meal was eaten in silence except the whispered conversations of Hirofumi and Farfarello.

***

"Who is Mamoru?" The white-haired man asked turning on the bed toward his lover. "Why have I not heard of him?"

The dark-haired other frowned and looked over at the other, a hand reaching up to trace a scar on the other boys arm. "He was my brother."

"Was?" The man pressed his gold eyes narrowing. "Then who is the one they spoke of tonight?"

"An impostor." He spoke as if to end the discussion but then sighed, his eyes blinded without his glasses and pained looking. "My brother was actually my half brother, born form my mother and a random lover of hers. This all happened before you came and joined with Crawford but you know what Crawford told my father."

The man sighed again. "My father believes in your leader, believes he will give him the land and power he seeks if he listens to him. But past that he believes that as long as he keeps my brother from falling in love and being loved in return power will be handed to him. As long as he's still alive that is. It was when Mamoru was ten that he was handed over to the Magicians and my brother, Masafumi. That was just after Father had met the oracle. They did horrible things to Mamoru, his cry's were heard all throughout the halls at all times of the night and day for weeks but I wasn`t ever able to break through the magic barrier that surrounded the room. When they did leave him back in the castle he wasn`t the same." Hirofumi buried his head in the Irishman's chest. "They had broken and remade him, separating him into two beings: Mamoru who has a voice but no will or soul to call his own and Omi a boy will all the soul and will but no voice and no memories."

"So he is alive?" The other mans voice was quiet but Hirofumi shook his head violently.

"Neither one is my brother. My brother Mamoru is dead." His breath came out shakily. "In fact Omi doesn`t even know about Mamoru, every time he is changed to his other existence he remembers nothing of the time and often much of the time before he was switched."

"This made God cry..." The man licked his loves cheek and smiled. "God screamed on the days this happened."

"Yes," Hirofumi looked up. "But I cry to."

***