Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ The Darkness Within a Melody ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title- The Darkness Within a Melody Chapter Three

Author- Locura

Warnings- AU! OOC! YxA/AxY, PersiaxManx/ManxPersia, Future K+O/O+K perhaps KxO/OxK, HirofumixFarfarello/FarfarelloxHirofumi,

Archive- Fanfiction.net & Mediaminer.org

Disclaimer- The Weiß Kreuz chara's aren't mine, I'm just barrowing them. Don't sue, I own nothing but an Omi pen and 4 dvd's and I wanna keep them!

DEDICATED TO CHIBIUKYOU

Author Notes- @.@ I have stared at this screen to long. I can't fix this chapter no matter how many times I read it but I still hope you Enjoy!

***= Beginnings, endings and changing times etc.

***

Ken sat on the bed watching Omi unpack his bags and hang them in his wardrobe. The small boy would take them out slowly and brush out all the wrinkles before hanging them with the utmost care and without a single sound.

"I`m sorry I got you in trouble. If I had known I would have gotten ready faster." Ken laid back and half closed his eyes, not expecting an answer. "Kritiker is just so different. I never thought my actions would cause you pain."

Ken sighed as he watched the other boy walk away threw half open lids, he really didn't expect the other boy to forgive him and now was proven right. He closed his eyes when the slave reached the door and he listened to it groan to a close.

Ken expected to be left alone for the rest of the night, still feeling guilty for unintentionally hurting the only seemingly nice person in this castle, and waiting for the morning. He was surprised, however, because not a few moments later he felt part of the bed move and soon another smaller body joined him. Slowly opening his eyes Ken blinked at he younger boy who was now perched on his bed, a hand outreached as if to pet his hair or shake him awake.

"You forgive me then?" Omi smiled at him and ruffled his hair, the slaves grin widening when he wasn't immediately reprimand for such an action. "I`m glad. It would have been a very boring stay if the only nice guy I`ve met so far refused to see me except when told."

Omi just shrugged at him and crossed his legs so to be more comfortable.

"And don`t let this happen again. If your going to get in trouble for not making me get moving quickly enough find a way to tell me. I don`t want you to be hurt because I was to slow or something." The other boy shrugged and looked out the window. "Its not alright!"

Omi frowned and made a move to slide off the bed but Ken grabbed his wrist. "You shouldn`t be treated like that!"

Ken didn't know why he was so angry. It just seemed to him that the other boy just didn't care if he was hurt because of Ken`s mistake. To be truthful Ken wasn't even sure that was what he other boy was thinking but at that moment he was angry. Angry with himself for soon to be causing his only new friend's pain and angry at Omi for seemingly not caring about what happened to him.

The Prince probably would have continued to yell at the other boy but suddenly the door to his room burst open and a young brown-haired boy in a gray suit stormed in.

"I`m here to take Omi to the study." He crossed his arms. "I hope I`m not interrupting anything."

"Who are you?" Ken immediately let go of Omi's arm and Omi waved at the other boy, smiling brightly.

"I`m Nagi Naoe, the youngest of the King`s guards. I`m here to take Omi to his punishment." The boy looked impassively at Ken whose eyes flash angrily at him.

"He doesn`t need to be pushed, he`s done nothing wrong." Omi made a move as to leave again but as soon as his feet touched the ground Ken snatched up his wrist again, causing the slave to look questioningly up at the Prince who's teeth ground as he spat, "You can tell my Uncle I won`t have anyone punished because of something that was my fault."

"I`m afraid that's not an option, Prince Ken. If it were I`d be glad to do so...however, you leave me no choice." Omi's eyes widened and he quickly made warding motions with his free hand before Ken found the world upside-down and he his body lightly pressed against the wall.

"Whaa-!?"

***

"Gingersnaps." Schuldich grinned over at Crawford, his eyes lazily looking about the room with a slightly glazed look about them. "Yes, his mind is like Gingersnaps hot out of the oven. Warm and comforting with just enough snap in them to rile your tong and only a push will send his senses into anger or passion." He paused. "But I don't see why you're so fixated on him and that slave brat. Both of their minds could be easily crushed on a whim."

"Yes," Crawford chuckled a little. "Their minds really could be crushed at any moment now. But leave the plotting to those who can. You just be ready to crush them when the time comes and savor the moments you do so."

"Right, right." The red-haired man leaned back in his chair as Crawford left. "Just make sure you keep your end of the bargain."

***

Omi sighed as he walked down the halls, he didn't see why Nagi used his powers on Ken. Ken wasn't going to do anything, he didn't think. He was just agitated or something. Most likely tired from the trip and his nerves on edge with being in some place so different from his home.

He sighed thinking on how hard it was to carry on a conversation when you couldn't talk. Turning, Omi looked at his current guard.

Nagi was the extra, the one that did all the odd jobs when the others had something else to do. But sometimes, unlike the others, he came and talked to him, or at him as the case may be. Because of that he had learned a good deal about his friend, how while he was quiet and cold to many he could still open up and be the gentle soul that hid underneath the chilly facade.

Omi loved those times. The times Nagi would sit with him while he worked or help him out occasionally if he was going to be punished, but those times seemed to be dwindling. Someone else was captivating Nagi's attention now and while Omi was glad for his friend; he still wished there was someone who would be with him in their spare time. Nowadays it was so rare to have even the maids gossiping around him.

Which strangely lead his thoughts back to Ken. Ken was a Prince; there was no reason for him to be so kind to him, a lowly slave. It took his breath away to even know that Ken wanted to keep talking with him and wanted to keep him out of trouble.

His thoughts may have kept going in circles for hours, and they certainly would as soon as he had some more time but now Nagi and him were in front of the door to the Magic's Study.

It was there Nagi stopped, his shoulders tense as he turned around. "I don't know what's going on, Omi. But something bad is going to happen and I don't think I can help you this time."

The way his hushed voice echoed in the corridor spread Goosebumps up Omi's neck but he smiled and kept the unease from his face.

"I'm serous Omi. Crawford-" He stopped then, and Omi noticed his eyes softening slightly. "Just be careful Omi. I don't want to see you hurt."

Omi nodded, wishing once again he could assure his friend he'd be all right with more then a glance before turning his back on him and knocking on the door. There was no response and he wasn't expecting one so he walked in.

***

"Father we can't! You know I don't mind doing these things normally but honestly, if we do this again I don't know what will happen to them mentally later much less physically!" Masafumi's face was white and his hands shook. "You know I don't want to lose him! He's the most amazing magically created persons alive!"

"I don't care! You'll have to, we have to keep up appearances and if Mamoru isn't there then what with they think?" Reiji's face was livid as he paced the room. "Plus him being out for a day won't be that bad, I'm sure both will bounce right back up later. Besides, I was going to let you have a little experimentation play time afterwards, but if you don't want it I can get your apprentices to do this!"

Masafumi's eyes lit up as he heard that he'd have someone to test on and he grinned as the door slowly opened to show the small figure that used to belong to someone he called brother.

"Welcome, Omi." He said, turning to face him. "I believe I have something that you can be of a much help to. What do you say?"

***

Ken paced his room. At this very moment someone he had met just today was being punished for something -he- had done. His stomach turned in knots and all he'd like to do was sleep but he knew sleep was far away from him now.

He could still see the regretful look on the slaves face as he turned and left with the guard. He could remember all that he had said to him and how roughly he had grabbed the other boy, jerking him away from what he had been told to do. How could he judge others when he had so obviously also hurt the boy as well?

Stalking out of the room Ken hoped beyond hope that Yohji and Aya we not having a nightly activity and would be available to talk at this late hour.

He just didn't understand. He cared about a lot of people, and he didn't want anyone to be hurt needlessly. Especially not because of him. But why was that boys face haunting him so? Why did he feel so guilty for grabbing him forcefully and yelling at him even though he didn't know if what he thought was really what the boy himself thought?

Ken sighed and stood, staring at the door in front of him. It was quiet, and dark. No sounds were coming from it and no lights bled from the cracks. He held his breath and slowly eased the heavy oak door open; afraid it would be as loud as his. But it was silent and as he looked threw the partially open door he smiled.

Yohji and Aya were curled up on the bed together in a tangle of limbs and dark blue sheets that spilled out over their bodies to cover most of them up as they slept with the moon watching over them from the window.

Ken shook his head at the picture and remembered how much Aya had changed since he had met the thief. Ken really had to hand it to Yohji, for all his cracks and stunts he really was the best match for his brother.

His heart strangely lighter, Ken slowly eased the door closed and left for his own bed, missing the smirks and half open lids that watched him leave.

"He's got it bad for the Slave boy already, it hasn't even been a day." One voice whispered and the other snorted. "I think it might work though. Ken deserves to find someone, why not someone from an unusual background like me?"

The other person didn't comment but instead rolled on top of the speaker his head going to rest on the other mans chest and one word rumbled past his lips, "Sleep."

***

Omi whimpered voicelessly when the torches suddenly went out and the King and Prince disappeared from view. Neither had ever come to one of his punishments before and the fact that they had could only mean that things were going to be bad. How bad he couldn't say but at that moment in the chilly blackness of the magicians study Omi suddenly wished he could just disappear. Wished he had never been found wondering the castle. Wished so far back to the point where his memories didn't exist and wish that he had never been born.

That was the terror he felt then.

It was in that moment of strange paralyzing fear that Omi felt the manacles latch on to his limbs and force him onto the hard table. His mouth opened as if to yelp as he felt the manacles tighten of the own accord to the point where he couldn't move any of his limbs and inch upwards and a deep chuckling arose from behind his head.

Distantly he heard a song playing, something that rose and fell but never stayed the same yet never changed at the same time. The sounds grew louder to the point that it engulf him and all he could hear and feel was the music as it played, a long, low, sorrowful sound that seem to reach and grab for his soul.

The slave's eyes went wide, his pupils dilating and mouth opening laxly as his back arched off the table.

The music swelled and fell; its song ripping threw his soul and raping his mind.

His mouth snapped open. He screamed.

***

Crawford smiled at Mamoru, the child was being dressed in his finest silk cloths and makeup was being applied to hide the bit of the wear and tare the body had been threw. The boy didn't blink, he didn't smile, he just sat straight up as the maids dressed him and dyed his hair to a darker blond.

The cloths that where placed on him give him a fragile look, as if the slightest wind would push him over to break him and the thinness of his body, created by the scarcity of slave meals, added to that wasted and ill look his father wanted to achieve.

Crawford smiled as he saw Reiji come storming in, scattering the maids in an instant.

"So you've come to see Mamoru again." The King stated, his hand going to caress the boys cheek and coming away with powder. "You seem to have quite a fascination with my `son' care to tell?"

The other man just laughed and bent down to look into the vacant eyes of the boy once called Mamoru. "I simply want to see him. He is partially my creation, you understand? Without my words you would have lost a war already."

Reiji's mouth tightened into a thin line as he frowned. "Yes, but now I think we are on even ground. As you have told me to I have distanced both Mamoru and Omi from everyone as much as possible. Neither will be giving and receiving love any time soon." He laughed. "Besides you yourself claim to never be wrong."

"Yes, that is true." The younger man patted Mamoru on the head and lifted the boy's hand up to his viewpoint, watching as the boy looked at it curiously at it as if he wasn't sure what to do with it or know it was attached to him. "I would like to try something new though. Have Omi, when he is back fully that is, become the personal slave to your nephews. I believe it will end in our favor."

"What do you mean?" Reiji asked drawing up slightly, his eyes narrowing in suspicion. "I thought we wanted to keep him from others as much as possible."

"Oh but this is so much better, my King." Crawford grinned, dropping the boy's hand as he did. "Omi will be the unwitting spy. Because I have found a way to change him back and forth in a less damaging manner and then you will get the upper hand!"

The suspicion in his eyes hadn't left but he ran a hand threw his thinning hair and sighed. "How?"

"Its quite simple really. Watch." The seer looked at Mamoru, his eyes lighting slightly. "Mamoru, what does Prince Ken think about his Uncle? And how does Omi feel about the Prince?"

The boy blinked slowly at them, looking once at his father before facing the oracle again. "Ken thinks King Reiji's plotting his and his families death as he smiles and Omi like him." Mamoru smiled vaguely as he looked up again at his father. "Ken is nice to Omi and Omi thinks he is kind and handsome!"

Reiji frowned but nodded. "I'll have to see what I can do about Omi's liking problem later but I agree. He would be the perfect spy."

"Excellent." Crawford smiled, pushing up his glasses as he left. Everything was going according to plan.

***