Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ The Death of Ran ❯ The Death of Ran ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: The Death of Ran
Series: Weiss Kreuz Gluhen.
Pairing: Aya x Ken / Knight x Ran
Rating: PG-13
Warning: SPOILERS for Gluhen Ep.s 10 - finish, OOC, POV, some angst.

Disclaimer: Weiss Kreuz Gluhen (and indeed any Weiss) does not belong to me - so there you go!


THE DEATH OF RAN.

We stood, watching in a kind of awe as the building began to crumble, as Pawn's handiwork made its self-known.
I was afraid - more so than the others, but then I had more right to be; after all - Ran was mine.

But just as our hope was beginning to fade, as the fire began to spread - a group of people emerged from the shadows. Our mission from Queen had been the elimination of Ran and his group, but it was one set of orders that we were destined to defy - I, and the others could never kill one of our own, not even now he was a killer himself. Our first taste of fatal blood would not be spilt from him.

He was smeared with coppery crimson and filthy from the falling dust, but I'd recognise his bearing anywhere. We rushed forward, Pawn helping their little one bear the weight of the injured man they had been carrying.

Omi, or rather 'Persia' managed to find his cell-phone in one piece and was soon calling his aide 'Lex' for a helicopter.

He, not Ran - but Aya, stepped forward and gently took 'Siberian' away from Pawn and together they sat under a nearby tree; Aya's touch seemingly surprisingly gentle as he clasped his hand over the brunette's wound.

"Does it hurt?" he asked the man
"You've given me worse," Siberian replied, and added to my confusion by laughing.

I could not imagine Ran inflicting hurt upon one of his colleagues, was Aya so different?

The helicopter arrived swiftly, and Aya took it upon himself to lay the injured boy on the waiting stretcher. He helped him out of his jacket and moved back.

I was about to step forward, to make myself known to Aya, but stopped, my heart almost stilling as he leant forward and caressed the injured man's hair.

"Ken," his voice was soft, so much softer than even it had been as Ran in my bed, "I will find Youji, and I'll bring him back - you get better."
"Ah," the man - Ken, his voice was equally soft and his eyes shimmering with an emotion and bond deeper than Ran and I shared.
"I'll come back for you," Aya smiled and dropped a kiss on Ken's forehead - and then he was gone, I believe that he never even saw me standing there.

As the helicopter lifted off, leaving the burning building and Aya behind, I watched Ken as his wounds were cleaned and bandaged, as despite his pain he sought to comfort his friend and I understood.

Ran needed me, but Aya - he needed someone so much stronger, he needed Ken.

With a small huff, I leant back against the wall and closed my eyes - an ending was finally had, I could put aside all the foolish hopes I had once had for Ran rejoining my troupe - Ran was Aya, and Aya was home - with him.

It was a month later that Queen entered our mission base and told us - the fourth generation of Weiss was dead, that Ran was dead.

I didn't want to believe her, but when I challenged Taketori Mamoru, he rid me of my fears. His mouth was telling me; yes they are dead and gone. But his eyes, his eyes were telling me that the man I knew as Ran might be dead - but as Aya he was safe, and so were the rest of them, that he as Omi not Persia had got them out of Kritiker and away from the brutal justice the Taketori clan dished out for any that they believed betray them.

I wanted to thank him, and I hope my eyes conveyed this back to him as my mouth slandered him.

I just have to sit back now, and hope that they're together and happy.



"Wait for me Aya - I'm coming to you..."

OWARI.