Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ The Hits Keep Coming ❯ Chapter 15

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

oooh, I’m loving this story...
********

Yohji wasn’t surprised to find Aya in the mission room, he liked to read there. Never would he admit it was because his own room was as comfortable as an interrogation cell, and even uglier. The redhead hadn’t been reading, though, he snatched up his book when Yohji came down the stairs, the Meep bounding ahead of him. Practiced eyes—Yohji had spent a lot of time staring at the man lately—practiced eyes picked out the lines of pain on that pretty face. Aya still had a headache and, if it had made him put down his book, it was a bad one. Belatedly, Yohji thought he should have shared one or two of his hangover cures with his teammates. Maybe he should go—

No. He needed to talk to Aya. Now.

The Meep bounced into Aya’s lap, evoking a long-suffering sigh though Aya seemed glad enough to put his book back down and pet the—thing. Yohji suffered a pang of jealousy, watching those long strong fingers card the what’s-it’s fur.

“Kudou,” that deep voice snarled, not as loud as usual, “what are you staring at?”

Yohji licked his lips and dropped to his knees, turned his back and moved his hair. And watched Aya’s reflection in the TV. He wasn’t feeling well, or he probably would have caught on. But he thought he was safe, so he reacted. Silently. Shock first, Yohji had guessed right. Then he reached for Yohji’s neck, mouthing a word. “Mine.”

Then his face melted into utter horror and before Yohji could even turn, Aya—Aya!—vaulted past him and ran, the Meep bouncing at his heels.

Well. That had gone...pretty damn badly.

Go after him, stupid! Yohji sprinted up the stairs. Through the kitchen, up the—and heard the Porsche rev twice and peel out of the garage. Damn it, gods damn it, should have known! Aya did nothing by halves, if he were going to run of course he’d get his car so he could get farther faster! Yohji sank down right there on the step and leaned his forehead on a nice cool banister support.

What the hell?

“Yohji-kun,” Omi said quietly, holding his head as he wandered by, “are you all right?”

“Of course, Omittchi, why do you ask?”

“No reason.” The boy wandered into the kitchen, pulled a frozen bag of something from the freezer. He sat at the table and put his head down, put the bag on the back of his skull. Yohji shook his head and went to make the poor kid a Kudou’s Special Hangover Cure Minus the Whiskey.

Yeah, he thought when he escaped over an hour later. That had been a good move, giving the chibi something with four kinds of caffeine in it, and no whiskey to bring him back down. Ken could scrape the boy off the ceiling if he still needed it, Yohji had thoroughly had it. He was fed up with all of his teammates and he wasn’t looking after any of them anymore. Especially as Aya still hadn’t come home. Would he ever? Why had he run in the first place? That was not what Yohji would have expected of their Fearless Leader.

Okay, so it shouldn’t have been a surprise. Sure, Aya was right in front in any fight, he dodged bullets without twitching an eye and he timed explosives to the last second so his trench flapped in the wind of the explosion and he looked hotter than hell walking away from—

Focus. The truth was, Aya always ran from emotional things, and if Yohji’d been able to get his brain to think past “hot sex now” at any time in the past few months, he’d have seen that. Hell, look at the night he’d had his concussion. If he’d just come home, maybe Yohji could find a way—

No. To hell with it. Back to the original plan, going out and getting laid. He wasn’t even interested in dancing or drinking. Kudou Yohji did not wait by the phone for anyone. He put on his simplest “meet me in the alley” outfit—black crop-top with glow-in-the-dark zipper, black jeans, fingerless gloves and his best “you want me” sunglasses—and headed for his car.

Only to be cut off before he could get out of the garage. Yohji jumped on the brakes and didn’t hit the white Porsche, only because he loved his car. In his rearview Aya grinned and he and his car sat there, blocking the Seven in. Yohji was way beyond wondering what the hell was going on in that red-covered head now. He pulled back into his parking space and got out. If that bastard wanted a fight, well it would be a fucking relief to bash someone after the day he’d had. Yohji leaned on his car and lit a cigarette while he waited, though. He wasn’t quite to the point of hitting Aya before he was out of his car.

The redhead pulled into his space and got out, leaned on his own car and watched Yohji with a hint of amusement as he peeled off one driving glove, tossing it back into the car. The other he left as he folded his arms. What the hell, Yohji wondered before remembering he’d decided he didn’t give a shit. The Meep bounded out the Porsche’s window and bounced towards the house and the cat-door.

“You’ve got a new pet,” Yohji said, since he probably should not strangle his redheaded teammate. Though if the bastard pushed—

“Where do you think you’re going?” Aya asked, pushing. Yohji took his cigarette from his mouth, intending to drop it, step on it, then carefully and thoroughly kill the man. But long bare fingers caught his wrist above the glove and guided hand and cigarette and suddenly Yohji was mesmerized by those glistening lips wrapped around his cigarette and Aya sucking and looking like he liked it and hadn’t he said—

“Where are you going, Yotan?” the redhead asked again, exhaling smoke and still holding Yohji’s wrist and his cigarette.

“Out,” Yohji heard himself murmur as those sexy lips took another puff. What—

“You weren’t listening.” Aya dropped the cigarette, stepped on it, still holding Yohji’s wrist. He looked up, Yohji didn’t react fast enough to the spark of anger in those violet eyes. Aya tugged and twisted and in a heartbeat bent him forward over the hood of the Porsche, his body pressing Yohji’s against the warm metal, one hand above his head, the other twisted behind his back.

Mine,” he growled in Yohji’s ear.

***********
Several people pointed out that the Nine Inch Nails song a few chapters back was titled “Closer.” Thank you, and sorry for the goof!
Remember—reviews make us happy, which makes us post more!