Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ The Hits Keep Coming ❯ Chapter 20

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
No. Yohji's shirt ripped, in an instant of freedom he lurched to his feet behind the swordsman. For Aya, he reminded himself as the redhead struggled in a growing web, and gods wasn't that an image straight from his wet dreams and damn it, focus! For Aya, he would sacrifice himself. Yes, it was a fate worse than death. But the redhead had someone to live for, someone--

The chibis were caught too. They'd tried to help, and now Omi was in a corner, fending fangirls weakly with whirling baskets of DOOM, well-wielded but disintegrating, and Ken had gone down trying to reach him. Yohji couldn't help them. He could only, maybe, save--

Cold water chilled even Yohji's self-martyrdom. Cold water and a loud bell and the screams of fangirls suddenly coming to their senses wet and cold. Omi shouted and Ken answered, then with another shout and a roar, the chibis charged the girls with a tarp stretched between them and bundled the whole damned lot out onto the sidewalk. Omi slammed and locked the door. Flipped the sign to "Closed" while Ken leaped for the security gate.

Manx, standing on the counter, put her doused lighter away and threw back wet hair. The shop fell silent, the only sound the patter of a gentle, not-April indoor shower.

It was a measure of Yohji's far-goneness that he helped Aya up instead of taking the prime opportunity to look up Manx's skirt. As he stood, Aya clung to Yohji for just a second. Raked his eyes over Yohji though Aya was the one with a shredded shirt and bruises forming--

"That," Manx said, "was pathetic. Siberian, let go of Bombay; he's fine. Abyssinian, shut off the sprinklers and the alarm. Balinese, call the fire department and cancel their response. Move!"

Long used to taking orders from that voice, Weiss leaped into action. Perhaps because no one wanted to see another attempted orgy, this one with--hmm.

No. While Yohji repeated into the phone that the alarm was a malfunction, his eyes found Aya. Nearly naked and glistening wet, his hair and shreds of clothes clinging to pale skin rippling at the movement of that finely-toned, disciplined body--no. The only orgy Yohji was interested in was one-on-one, and what they lacked in numbers they'd make up in creativity. Just let him at the redhead, and--

"Mister!" the dispatcher yelled in his ear, then went quieter. "Please stop. I don't...want to know. Not now. I just started my shift. Could you...call me with details later?"

Yohji sighed and adjusted his getting-too-tight pants. "Oh. Sorry," he said, and hung up.

Just get rid of the onlookers, Yotan, and then--

The alarm cut off. The water stopped coming down, though it still swirled around Yohji's ankles.

"At least," Manx stepped from the counter to the stool, the stool to a large pot, and from there to the floor. She straightened her jacket and again flung back her hair. "At least it could be worse. If we'd given you a stationery store, we'd have to replace the entire inventory. Let us hope that a day spent cleaning will teach you all to be more responsible." On the counter in its cage, the Meep huddled, a sodden mass of fur with wide unhappy eyes. Manx peered at it then shook her head. "What is it? It can't be just fur and eyes, but even soaking wet I don't see any--"

The Meep meeped! and suddenly shook, spraying Manx with water. In a moment it went from a drowned hairball to its normal fluffy state, and meeped! happily. Then it launched itself at the bars, towards Aya. Yohji almost did the same. Ken and Omi were suddenly in each other's arms, and Manx pulled out her cellphone. Aya--ooh, Aya turned burning eyes on Yohji and--

"Ken-kun! You tried to save me!"

"Omi--"

"Birman!" Manx said. "Needed to ask you something. What are you wearing?"

Aya halted mid-step. Then he turned, snatched the cage and shoved it at Manx.

"Take it and go," he ordered. Ken, Omi, and Yohji wailed in unison. Aya turned his death glare on all of them as Manx tucked the thing under her arm and headed out the back.

"I love that black skirt," she said into her phone as she went. "What else?"

As soon as the door closed, Aya yanked Ken and Omi apart.

"Stop it," he growled. "Or I'll hold your head under the sink until you do. It was just the Meep." His eyes fell on Yohji, then jerked away. "It's all over."

"But...I don't want it to be over!" Omi protested before Yohji could. His hand snatched at Ken's but fell to his side empty instead. "I--"

"It's over," Aya repeated, turning away. "No more pets."

"But--"

"No. More. Pets." Aya said again, his eyes on Yohji as he said it. Then he walked out.

Yohji swore and kept swearing as he lit a cigarette and stomped out the back way, through the shed. A moment after he slammed the door, he heard Ken's bike and had just a moment's remorse for Omi, left with the whole mess.

Then Aya nearly ran him down, flying out of the garage, and Yohji swore after as the Porsche shot towards the corner and light speed.