Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ The Library ❯ library 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: No, I do not own Weiss Kruez... I only used them in my fiction.

Title: The Library

Rating: Pg-13

Genre: Romance/General

Spoilers: OOC/Shonen-ai implied (Omi/Nagi)

Chapter 1

Omi Tsukiyino stared at the list of things to do on his organizer, he groaned when he realized he was desperately late in his school assignments. He had to complete his assignment on tourism for Geography, Health care services for Social studies, Japanese Culture over the ages for History, and to top it off he had a stack of calculus, essays which had to be done since it's due in the next two days. Calculus and Essays he could just whipped it up in a matter of time, the more time-consuming ones would be the Geography, Social Studies and History which he didn't have any materials for him to do research on. Although the internet could be used for researching but he bet Aya-san will kill him if he keep hogging the net and causing the phone line to jammed up. Picking up his assignments and labtop, he decided a trip to the library is needed. He set the computer in the basement which he used for mission on standby and picked up his labtop which he used for school work and games and headed out to the library. Since Aya and Ken is out front working, while Yohji was still sleeping in he decided to just leave a note behind for them.

He exited through the back door and ran all the way to the public National library which is two streets away from the Koneko. The library is huge and it consists for four different levels, ranging from general section to teenage fiction corner. He settled himself down in one corner and proceed to take his notebook out of his bag which listed certain titles which he needed for the assignments, he then headed for the respective sections and tried to locate the book. He was so engrossed in the task of searching for the right books for his assignments that he neglected to take note of his surrounding. He then crashed into someone who had his hands full of books. The books scattered all over the floor, apologizing profusely, Omi helped the person to collect the books that dropped on the floor. When he looked up at the person, he was shocked and stunned.

His mind barely registered the fact that he was in a public place and only know the word 'Swatchz' and tried to reach for his dart. He frowned when he noticed the telekinetic not doing anything and just stared at him with an eyebrow raised before speaking softly "Bombay, I would appreciate it if you don't pull your weapons out under such circumstances. In case you didn't notice, this is a public library. Just relax, I don't go around attacking people in library."

"What the..." Omi started only to realize the latter was right. He blushed embarrassly, and handed the book back to the telekinetic only to realize that the book was just what he needed for his assignment.

Nagi Naoe frowned at Bombay of Weiss who seemed to be caught up in thoughts, before interjecting "Excuse me, but I do need the book in your hands..."
"What? Oh... yeah... sorry, cause' I just remember I needed this book as well. Care to tell me where did you find this book?" Omi asked carefully.
"Actually, I asked the librarian for the book and this happens to be the last one..." Nagi replied but continued when he caught sight of Omi crestfallen face. "I think we could share the book, if you need it so badly."
"Oh, yeah... thanks, it's great!" Omi immediately brighten up at the idea that he'll be able to finish the assignments.

Nagi was mentally berating himself for his offer and wondered what the rest of the team will do to him if they ever find out. He was jerked out of the reverie when he found Bombay of Weiss introducing himself as Omi, and asked "Huh, What? Sorry, I was zoning out..."

"Oh... I was saying if we were to be staying in the library and working together, we couldn't possibly be calling each other by our code name...so I'm Omi Tsukiyino from Tokyo High." Omi introduced himself to the prodigy of Swatchz.
"Oh, I'm Nagi Naoe... I'm currently in the middle of transferring schools." Nagi introduced himself.

Nagi waited as Omi reached for the other books which he needed and followed Omi to where the assignments is located. He then set down his own assignments and labtop on the same table, and start working. They worked in silence, as they reached for books after books, making notes, taking down title and author for the acknowledgement of their research.

Time passes by in a flash, the library announced their closing time and both of them packed up their things into their backpack. They then proceed to take note of the books they needed to check out and return the rest which they'd been done with. They then realised that they are once again left with the book that both of them needed and only one of them can checked out the book. Omi thought for a second and asked "Do you have time or are you in a rush?"

"Well... I still have another hour before curfew, why?" Nagi asked as he checked the time and mentally consulted Schudich for the night's schedule.

"I could let you have the book, but I would need you to accompany me to the bookshop down the street cause' I needed to photocopy a few pages which I needed and had yet to be noted down." Omi answered as they made their way to the loaning counter.

"Sure..." Nagi answered after a moment of pause, which Omi knew was to inform the fellow Swatchz of the possible delay. Despite knowing, Omi didn't pry after all, he did promise to work in peace and not interfere with Swatchz business. Ten minutes later they stepped out of the bookshop, and part ways. Nagi heading for the train station while Omi dashes home for dinner.

Half an hour later, Omi was still pouring over the notes for his assignments over dinner when Ken said "Omi, eat your dinner before studying. You will get sick if you keep on doing your homework when you had dinner."

"Gomen, but I really need to get this done by tonight." Omi answered.

Meanwhile, Nagi stepped into the Swatchz penthouse and was confronted by Schudich. He shot an annoyed look at Schudich before enquiring Crawford's presence and reaction to his being home late. Schudich just said "He's not home, out meeting clients." when he couldn't pry into Nagi's mind.

Nagi had known Schudich reaction so he had blocked out his mind when he entered the house, he really doesn't want to know what will happened if Schudich found out he'd been working with Bombay from Weiss earlier despite being a concidence.

~to be continue~

date completed: 09/03/05

[Notes: In this chapter, Nagi and Omi had met up with each other in the public library and had formed a fragile bond. They helped out each other in their assignments/research... Nagi and Omi re-introduced themselves to each other.]