Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ The Library ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: The Library
Fandom: Weiss Kreuz
Genre: Romance/General
Rating: PG-13
Pairing: Omi/Nagi
Disclaimer: No, I do not own Weiss Kruez.
Status: Chapter(s) 7/10
Summary: In which, things went back 'normal' as the week of living together ended. More projects coming their way, they spent more time together and Omi discovered his hidden feelings for Nagi. Ken advised, Omi reflected, and we notice Nagi's contradicting feelings...

***

Chapter 7

Omi Tsukiyono woke up to a pair of midnight blue eyes staring straight at him. He almost screamed in fright but the memory of the night before came rushing back to him in a flash, causing him to sag against the headboard of the bed in relief. Glancing up, he found Nagi eyeing him with amusement despite the latter's solemn face.

"What are you staring at?" Omi snapped, feeling self-conscious.

"Nothing, come on. We'd better leave for school before Schudich and the others wake up." Nagi suggested, as he threw Omi a set of school uniform.

Omi was about to protest the idea of wearing school uniforms to school, when Nagi shot him a warning look. 'Oh right, Crawford and his house rules...' Resisting the urge to roll his eyes, Omi changed into the uniform without uttering another word. The two of them left the room in silence and headed towards the door. Nagi punched in the password and held the door open while Omi exited the house.

Before long, the two boys found themselves seated in their school cafeteria enjoying their breakfast. Nagi was busy explaining certain rules of Schwarz household when a group of girls settled themselves next to Nagi with the intention of seducing him.

However, Nagi did something unexpected. He pulled Omi over and placed a gentle kiss on the other boy's lips, shocking the latter and himself as he did so. The kiss lasted merely for a second, but it was enough to get rid of the girls around him. The two boys watched in amusement as a series of reactions displayed on the girls' faces. Their expressions started from surprise to disgust before they scurried off, probably to spread the news around and start gossiping about what they've just seen.

Nagi turned his attention back to the task at hand, and caught Omi eyeing him strangely.

"What?" he asked.

"Are you aware of what you've just done?" Omi asked in return, his expression a mixture of disbelief and bewilderment.

"Yes, I am aware of what I did." Nagi replied neutrally.

"And you are alright with it? I meant, they are bound to spread the word around like fire... you know?" Omi asked.

"I don't care what the others say, nor do I mind the rumors. Unless, you have objections to it?" Nagi glanced out of the corner of his eyes to check Omi's reaction.

He nearly smiled when he caught sight of Omi shaking his head furiously to deny, "No...I don't mind." A faint tinge of pink crept into Omi's cheeks, causing the latter to look like a tomato. Somehow, Nagi found the sight of Omi's flustered look adorable.

The school bell chose that exact moment to blare, jerking them both back into reality. The two boys snatched up their belongings swiftly, and hurried off towards the direction of class. On their way to the class, they ignored all curious eyes and whisperings surrounding them, despite Omi's faintly visible blush.

Later in the day when they returned to the penthouse, Omi hurried off to the room and shut himself in there to calm himself down. He had no wish for Schudich to pry into his mind, but he had no idea how to block the intrusion of the German telepath. Thankfully, Schudich appeared to be occupied for the moment as his eyes glazed over--it were as if he was engaging someone in a mental conversation.

During Omi's stay with the Schwarz, he avoided direct dealing with either one of the members with the exception of Nagi. Due to this situation, Nagi had literally become Omi's bodyguard during the latter¡¯s stay at the penthouse. Nagi had been fending off Farfarello¡¯s psychotic attempts at attacking Omi, while the blue-eyed boy did what he needed in the bathroom. When Farfarello was locked in the room with his straightjacket intact, Nagi would glare at Schudich warningly as if daring the German to do anything to Omi. Majority of the time Crawford wasn¡¯t home; henceforth, Omi was safe from the latter's sight unless Omi woke up very early in the morning.

Soon, Omi's period of stay with the Schwarz came to an end. The two boys were typing out their final report on the whole project, and they would have to let their leader sign it as soon as they could.

That was the part they dreaded, for they had no idea where they stood anymore. After spending two weeks with each other in close relations, it was hard for them to go separate ways and act as if they were still the same people when they first started the project.

Omi had no doubt that Nagi could come over to his place anytime, as long they avoided the mission room. Ken's actions had proven that Weiss would welcome Nagi over anytime. However, they would still have to prevent themselves from getting too close, for Aya had specifically pulled him aside to emphasis the point. Omi knew Aya's concern, since Schwarz and Weiss were still enemies and would eventually have to face off during a mission again. By getting too close to Nagi, they would be hesitant to hurt one another.

Later that night, they both came to an agreement. Omi would let Aya sign Nagi's report, while Nagi would approach Crawford with Omi's report¡ªonly when the other boy was home safety. They would exchange the reports back at school the following day, and as long as neither of them mentioned it in school, their teacher wouldn't know that they weren't present together when the report was being signed. After all, the idea of having the two groups meet on a neutral ground wasn't possible. They had no desire to meet in the enemies¡¯ territory too, for it would be too much a risk.

Yet, what the two boys didn't know was the fact that their resident German telepath had been busy with Weiss¡¯ resident playboy too. It appeared that more of their teammates were actually fraternizing with their enemies. Yohji was apparently lounging in one section of a pub when he recognized Schudich heading his way.

Without waiting for an invitation, the said German flopped himself in the seat opposite Yohji comfortably.

"What do you want?"

Schudich smirked. "Nothing..."

Yohji rolled his eyes in exasperation, before mumbling something under his breath.

"Come again? I didn't hear what you just said." Schudich said slyly.

"What in the world were you thinking about when you asked Nagi about my undergarments preferences?" Yohji repeated his question, louder this time.

Since the pub was almost deserted at this point of time, no one bothered to pay attention to them.

"Nothing, just curious... Who knows, you might actually wear boxers only while you're with me. The rest of the time you could be wearing briefs, for all I know..." Schudich trailed off.

Yohji eyed the redhead for a moment before muttering "Insane!" under his breath, and went back to his drinks.

On the other hand, Omi arrived home to find Aya and Ken working in the shop downstairs while Yohji was nowhere to be seen. Letting out a sigh, he decided to shower and rest for a while before starting dinner. He was typing his homework on his laptop when Ken came into his room and settled himself on Omi's bed.

"What's wrong, Ken-kun?" Omi asked, a frown marring his features.

"No, nothing's wrong... So, how was your week with them?" Ken asked.

"It's fine... Nagi was been fending them off for me, so I don't get harrassed or anything. Most of the time, I remained in the bedroom and usually we dined out so I don't really have to interact with the rest of the Schwarz members." Omi responded, reassuring Ken with a bright smile.

"Well... in that case, let's go down. Dinner is ready." Ken ushered Omi downstairs towards the second story of the store where their kitchen was located.

~To be continued~

Date started: 14/06/05

Date completed: 14/06/05