Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ The Library ❯ chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: The Library
Fandom: Weiss Kreuz
Genre: Romance/General
Rating: PG-13
Pairing: Omi/Nagi
Disclaimer: No, I do not own Weiss Kruez.
Status: chapter(s) 6/10
Summary: In which, we look at how Omi dealt with the members of Schwarz...

***

Omi fumbled with the keys for a good while before he managed to get the correct key for the door. He was nervous, never in his life had he felt so edgy before.

"Why are you so tense?" Nagi asked, startling him from his thoughts.

"I..." Omi started, only to realize that he had no idea what he was going to say in response to Nagi's question.

Nagi sighed, and using his telekinetic ability, he unlocked the door without the keys held in Omi's hand. Pushing the door open, he stepped through the backdoor of the Koneko, pulling Omi in behind him. Using his shoe heel, he kicked the door closed gently. Somehow, he could understand Omi's feelings on the idea of meeting Schwarz later on in the day. Honestly, he was unwilling to bring Omi over, if it weren't for the project¡¯s needs.

Over the past seven days he'd spent in the company of Weiss, he had grown accustomed to their living habits and their way of dealing with people. He had to admit that he enjoyed spending time over with them as they made him feel very welcome in the household, despite their being enemies. However, he knew Schwarz was another case in all.

Unlike Weiss, Schwarz were more extreme. The members of Schwarz were too wrapped up in their own lives to care about another's lifestyle. They never mingled around or made an effort to know one another. The fact that they had a mentally unstable member in the midst was probably one of the reasons why Nagi was unwilling to bring Omi over, for fear of what Farfello might do if he lost his sanity.

Nagi was about to say something when Ken's voice broke into his train of thoughts, "Hey you two, what are you standing down there? I thought you two should be packing up for the evening?"

A frown marred Ken's features as he took in the sight of the two younger boys. Omi shot him an uncomfortable look and replied, "Aa... We¡¯ll get down to it now."

Ken watched in bewilderment as his younger teammate rushed past him and towards the staircase leading to the living quarters. Looking towards Nagi, Ken asked, "Do you know what's wrong with Omi?"

Nagi sighed and replied, "I think he's nervous about his stay over at my place, as you know... Schwarz isn¡¯t exactly welcoming to others... Personally, I'm not too keen on having Omi over under such circumstances, but I guess I have no choice. After all, the project requires us to do this. Hopefully, my teammates know their limits."

After a moment of silence, Nagi spoke up. "I think I better go check on him. And... Don't worry. I'll make sure my teammates don't use Omi as any source of entertainment."

Ken managed a small smile upon Nagi's assurance, "Aa..." he responded.

Nagi responded with a smile of his own as he made his way up to the room he had shared with Omi over the past seven days. Knocking gently on the door, he sought permission to enter.

Closing the door softly behind him, he stepped forward and watched as Omi bustled around the room packing random items into his duffle bag for his stay over with Schwarz. Glancing up, Omi found Nagi inspecting him with utmost interest reflected on the latter's face.

"What?"

"Huh?" Nagi blinked.

"What are you looking at? Do I have something on my face?" Omi asked.

Nagi blushed crimson, knowing that he'd been caught staring at Omi. "No... there's nothing wrong with you. I'm just looking at what you intended to bring over." he replied awkwardly, trying to hide his flaming red face from view.

"Well... nothing much, just the usual." Omi replied as he continued packing.

After a while, Omi sighed, catching Nagi's attention.

"Alright, shoot." Nagi announced.

"What?" Omi glanced at Nagi strangely.

"I say 'Shoot'. In short, I want you to speak your mind." Nagi emphasized on the term 'Shoot'.

"What do you want me to say?" Omi pretended to be oblivious, causing Nagi to roll his eyes in frustration.

"Omi, you don't have to hide your feelings from me. Heaven knows I can read you like an open book. You are thinking about your upcoming stay over at my place. Am I right to say that?" Nagi stated.

Omi didn't bother responding. It was after all a statement, and he couldn't deny it since he was, after all, guilty as charged.

Silence stung the air as the two were caught up in their own thoughts. After a while, Omi broke the silence, drawing Nagi back into reality.

"Alright, I'm ready. We can leave now," Omi said.

Nagi shrugged as his response and pulled the door open. The door clicked shut behind them softly as they make their way down the steps towards the ground level in silence, with Nagi in the lead and Omi trailing behind with his bag in hand.

Exchanging a quick farewell with the members of Weiss, the two boys made their way over to the train station where they would catch the evening train towards the Schwarz¡¯s penthouse located across town.

The journey over to the penthouse was uneventful, for neither boys spoke. Omi was busy worrying over the possible actions Schwarz members could do to him during his stay over there, while Nagi was trying to calm himself down.

His week away from Schwarz was no doubt enjoyable, but that didn't mean it could continue on. With Weiss, he was safe from all the dangers of having his privacy abused. Yet, with Schwarz, it was a totally different matter. Schwarz is formed up of people from all over the world with special abilities, and living with them would mean sacrificing his time alone. In order to maintain his utmost private thoughts to himself, he had to put on a mask of indifference under all circumstances and had learned to have his mind blocked from all intrusions from the redhead German telepath.

Glancing at Omi, Nagi gave Omi a warm encouraging squeeze on the hand. Under usual circumstances he would offer a smile, but they were reaching Schwarz's penthouse. He had no inclination to risk his promise; Nagi had given Ken his words that he would, under all circumstances, protect Omi from his teammates¡¯ antics, and he had every intention of keeping his words.

Gesturing for Omi to follow behind him, he led the way towards the penthouse. Upon reaching it, he took for his set of keys and opened the door, followed by keying in respective passwords to be able to pass through the security system set up by him previously on Crawford's orders.

As soon as he stepped into the house, he signaled for Omi to wait as he checked for signs of his Irish teammate. He had no wish to endanger Omi. Until he was certain that the Irish was sane enough not to do any real damage, Omi would have to wait outside where it was possible to run for safety.

"Farf?" he called out softly.

"Nagi-kins, is that you?" a loud, bossy voice answered back.

"Yes, it's me. Where's Farf?" Nagi asked neutrally, his voice not betraying his emotions.

"In his room, locked in straitjacket. Figured you wouldn't want to frighten that little kitty out there." Schudich answered playfully.

Showing no signs of annoyance to the redhead, Nagi gestured for Omi to follow him. They walked in tense silence for a while, keeping an eye out for signs of traps or dangers around the house before Nagi stopped in front of a door. Turning to Omi, he pointed to the door down the hallway and said:

"That is the common bathroom, and this is the room you will be staying in. It's password protected, so do not worry about Farf sneaking in."

"Password protected?" Omi echoed, question hanging in the air.

"It's my room, and it contains most of the confidential documents. Crawford figured it'd be better to have a password lock on it." Nagi replied, before adding, "Don't worry, all documents have been shifted over to Crawford's study for the week. Until then, this room is free from them. Feel free to use anything in my room, and no... there are no weapons in there. Obviously, you know by now I don't need any even when I need to kill."

Punching in the password, Nagi opened the door to the room and gestured for Omi to enter first. Allowing Omi to have a good look at his room, Nagi left Omi to his own devices as he unpacked his own belongings in the room.

"Excuse me... but is this what I think it is?" Omi interrupt his task of unpacking.

Turning towards Omi, he shot a questioning look at the latter. Omi then pointed to his bed, and he colored slightly noticing the problem. "Oh... yeah, it's my bed..."

"Double bed?" Omi raised his eyebrow skeptically.

Nagi blushed. "Yeah, Schudich picked the bed... so I just went along with it. It's not as if I care much about the size."

"Oh..." Omi echoed, not knowing how to respond. After a while, he asked, "So... are we sharing the bed or something?"

Nagi thought for a moment before nodding hesitantly, "Well... obviously we have no guest rooms, and we don't usually have guests over. So I think we are going to be sharing a bed... Otherwise, I don't think you would fancy our living room couch..."

"Well, sharing a bed is fine... I can deal with it." Omi responded with a blush, though it wasn¡¯t THAT obvious.

"Good, I'll see you later then. I need to check something with the others, I assume you want to unpack now?" Nagi asked.

Omi nodded his agreement, while Nagi moved towards the door but not without another glance at the other boy. For a moment, Omi thought Nagi smiled at him; then again, he might be mistaken. After all, it had only been a mere second. Shrugging to himself, he went back to the task of unpacking as the door closed with a soft 'click' behind him.

~To be continued~

Date started: 07/06/05

Date completed: 07/06/05