Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ The Library ❯ chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: The Library
Fandom: Weiss Kreuz
Genre: Romance/General
Rating: PG-13
Pairing: Omi/Nagi
Disclaimer: No, I do not own Weiss Kruez.
Status: Chapter(s) 5/10
Summary: In which, we look at how Nagi dealt with the members of Weiss...
 
***
 
Chapter 5 - Nagi's week at Weiss!
 
Nagi eyed his surroundings nervously. His grip on his overnight bag tightened as the prodigy wondered if he had made the right choice in agreeing to stay over with the Weiss. Noticing Nagi's discomfort, Omi smiled at him encouragingly before reaching for the door handle. Pushing the door open, the brunette stepped into the room and greeted the members of Weiss cheerfully before gesturing for his new temporary housemate to enter.
 
Silence stung the air as the members of Weiss stood there eyeing Nagi with suspicion. Gathering his courage, Nagi decided to break the tense silence which hung between them. Taking a deep breath, he prepared himself mentally for Weiss' questioning. However, he was wrong, as Ken Hidaka had ushered both Omi and himself towards the kitchen for dinner before he could even say anything.
 
"I hope you don't mind having fried noodles for dinner, I haven't had a chance to visit the supermarket today," Ken addressed him politely.
 
Not knowing what to do, Nagi merely shook his head politely to indicate that he didn't mind having noodles. He then smiled politely at Ken to thank the older boy for the meal before sitting down. Judging from Ken's behavior, the nineteen-year-old brunette was trying to make him feel welcome in their household.
 
After dinner, Ken cleared up the dishes while Omi showed him around the living quarters, careful to leave out the basement where their weekly mission meetings are held after 8 at night.
 
Later that night, Omi set up a futon on the ground of his room for Nagi. "I hope you don't mind sleeping on the ground, we didn't have any guest rooms here..." Omi said apologetically.
 
Nagi smiled. "No, I don't mind. It's fine... I mean it's better to sleep in the same room with you then alone in a guest room. After all, I'm in the base of Weiss. It's better to remain where I can be seen by your teammates. I don't want any misunderstandings while I'm here."
 
Omi grinned cheerfully at Nagi and said. "Thank you for being understanding. Anyway, it's getting late... I think we'd better sleep now before Ken decides to check on us."
 
Nagi nodded in response, while Omi hurried to switch off the lights in the room. Setting their alarm clocks, they retired for the night.
 
***
 
The next few days passed by in a flash, Nagi had more or less gotten used to the idea of having the Weiss members around him. Omi was always there next to him, in case he needed help. Yohji was around to crack jokes and lighten up the atmosphere, and Ken appeared very easy-going, hence making Nagi feel comfortable in their presence. The only one who hadn't made an effort in attempting conversations was the redhead, Aya Fujimiya of Weiss. Nevertheless, Nagi treated it as a good sign since he hadn't spotted the katana which belonged to the older man around him yet.
 
Over the past few days, he found himself comparing Weiss and Schwarz. He realized that they were rather similar in one way or another: Yohji was just like Schudich who was quite a womanizer, only without the ability to read minds. Their leaders were pretty similar as well; they were both cold, merciless, logical, level-headed and strict with their team members. If it weren't for the fact that they were enemies, Nagi would be willing to bet on the fact that Aya and Crawford would get along. He thought that he and Omi were pretty much similar, seeing that they shared quite a bit of common interests. The only difference would be that he enjoyed reading while Omi only read books that gave him information.
 
Even as he discovered similarities between both groups, he found differences as well. The fourth members of each team were total opposites. Ken was easy-going, kind and helpful, whereas Farfello was insane, quiet only when he was half-sane. If not, he would always be locked up in the room in his straitjacket. The thought of Farfello brought a sigh to his lips. Nagi was drinking water from his glass over dinner on Friday night when he suddenly heard Schudich's voice in his mind. He was so startled that he almost dropped his water in shock.
 
Omi looked up at him with concern, and Ken frowned when he slammed the glass down on the table.
 
"Nagi?" Omi looked at him with questioning eyes.
 
Realizing that he had attracted unwanted attention to himself, he apologized. "Sorry, I'm fine... it's just..." Nagi hesitated for a while before continuing. "Schudich..."
 
Shooting Omi an apologetic look, he explained. "I'm just shocked because I hadn't been around Schwarz lately, so I was just a little surprised to hear his voice in my mind. My mental ability to block him out seems to have dropped after being away from him for so long."
 
"So... nothing serious?" Omi asked with concern.
 
"No... Please don't worry, it's fine." Nagi replied.
 
/Schu, what is it?/ Nagi asked mentally as soon as Weiss members averted their eyes from him.
 
/Nagi-kins, when are you coming back?/ Schudich asked.
 
/This Sunday...why?/ he asked in return, not understanding Schudich's sudden concern in his arriving back home.
 
/Crawford got a deal.../ Schudich replied simply.
 
Resisting the urge to massage his head in weariness, Nagi asked mentally. /When is it?/
 
At first, there was silence from Schudich. For a while, Nagi thought Schudich wasn't going to answer him when Schudich said. /Nagi... no need to rush anymore. Crawford said we'll handle this on our own since it's tonight./
 
/Oh... fine then.../ Nagi closed off the mental link as soon as possible, wanting to avoid Schudich's endless teasing. He was halfway through dinner when he heard Schudich's mental voice in his head again. This time, he almost choked at the words. Being caught off-guard, he thought out loud incredulously. "Schudich, what in the world are you thinking about? Why are you so interested in /Balinese's/ wardrobe?"
 
It was not until he heard Yohji choking, did he realize that he had blurted Schudich's statement out loud. Shooting Yohji an apologetic look, he mouthed. 'Schudich is in my mind ...'
 
/Schu, get out of my mind now!/ Nagi warned.
 
/Fine... but do help me find out if Balinese wears boxers or briefs./ Schudich sent a mental chuckle through the link, causing Nagi to blush embarrassedly.
 
"Nagi, are you alright?" Omi asked, reaching forward to check the boy's temperature, and causing his face to redden further.
 
"I'm fine... Schudich just asked me a very sensitive question on Yohji's wardrobe." Nagi replied, blushing like a tomato...only redder.
 
"Really? What did he ask?" Omi grinned mischievously.
 
"He wanted to know if Yohji wears briefs or boxers..." Nagi answered hesitantly.
 
"Boxers...Yohji wears boxers." Omi replied nonchalantly.
 
Nagi stared at Omi weirdly, before asking, "Um...How do you know?"
 
Omi simply shrugged and said, "His room is always a mess. Ken always needs to clear the room for him. I help occasionally, that's why I know."
 
"Oh..." Nagi murmured.
 
"Well, let's go and see what we can do with our project. No point standing around here and doing nothing about it," Omi suggested after a moment of silence.
 
"Sure," Nagi smiled in response.
 
Together, they headed back towards Omi's room to make a report on Nagi's week with Weiss.
 
~To be continued~
 
Date started: 15/05/05
 
Date completed: 15/05/05