Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ the rescue ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Main Pairings: Nagi/Omi, Schuldig/Yohji

Timeline: Set a year or so after Gluhen

Disclaimer: I don't own them

Chapter Seven

He was roused from his musings as the back doors of the van were violently wrenched apart. The harsh rays of the sun temporarily robbed him of his sight and all he could do was to rely on his captors to hold him upright while they drag him out. There was nothing much he could do about it anyway, what with his hands tied behind him. Somewhere along the line they had cut the rope around his ankles, and he was at least able to manage a step or two if not for the bastards who were half-dragging, half-carrying him by the arms.

As for Nagi, Mamoru did not need to see how the younger man was coping. He was probably being harshly shoved around just like Mamoru was, and from a powerful kinetic who could blow a person's brains out, it must be causing serious damage to his pride right now to be man-handled like that. Mamoru could not imagine how their kidnappers might suffer under the younger man's hands after all of this is over. He had known Nagi well enough to know how merciless the brunette could be when delivering punishment to perpetrators - probably the worst of its kind, that is if there is anything like it at all. Mamoru himself could not see the possibility of survival after receiving the kinetic's true wrath. One will consider a bullet through the head the best present for someone unfortunate enough to receive death at such a very slow pace, and from such a very violent man.

Said man obediently stumbled on his way and followed Mamoru and the others. None of them spoke a word as they made their way around what seemed to be a forest. Mamoru fought the urge to roll his eyes - their enemies, or for that matter all bad guys seem to pick the most faraway places for their hideouts - as if they won't be traced. Surely Kritiker could find Nagi and if his grandfather acted fast enough he might still be able to get them before the enemies could get any ideas of separating the two of them.

They came to a clearing and saw a tall structure a few yards away. It reminded him of their last mission in Koua - buildings such as the one in front of them no doubt had large underground basements and dozens of other rooms.

It was obvious Weiss had it carefully planned out; while Kritiker can trace their whereabouts and with much luck, be able to find them as soon as possible, it will buy their captors some time. Even a few seconds can be very useful. He had seen Weiss use that to their advantage last night. There is no saying what they could do now.

Entering the structure, the metal doors slid open to reveal a wide lobby with a short flight of stairs at the end of the room, leading to a low balcony where both ends stretched to opposite sides. The architecture was strikingly similar with the building that housed Epitaph long ago. Was it possible for them to rebuild all of that in a span of three years?

He had again been too preoccupied with his own thoughts that he failed to notice that they had boarded an elevator. He had been keen enough this time to note that they were going down; why else would someone need an elevator in a two-storey structure? Mamoru shook his head, thinking ahead of the possible events that may take place. First off, it has been the trademark of most kidnappers to throw their captives in a cell.

"Why don't you bring us directly to your leader for a change? You're too fucking predictable!" Mamoru growled after landing nastily on his right side, while Nagi was shoved at the back, and have avoided hitting the floor with his face down.

One of the men kicked Mamoru's stomach with the sole of his boot. "If we're so predictable, how come you weren't able to prevent last night from happening?"

The question earned sneers from his comrades as they left them locked in their cell. Nagi, after throwing them one of his most vicious glares turned his head to face his companion. "Are you okay?"

Mamoru nodded after the wheezes ceased. He struggled to sit up; after which, he helped the younger man up as well. "Can't you get us out yet?" He asked, his voice weak. Receiving a negative response, he shrugged. "They'll get to us as soon as they track us."

Nagi was forced to welcome the silence and the darkness that the cell lent them. Mamoru has always been optimistic, even though the chances looked to be very slim. Although the kinetic had witnessed the little miracles in Mamoru's life, Nagi doubted that they would be unable to live this one down. That will be decided by Weiss alone. "How are they going to track us?" Nagi asked softly, his melancholy voice was music that seemed to echo through the walls of the cell.

Mamoru turned with a faint smile that lent what little hope he had. "They seemed to know exactly where I stash it. If they will be tracking us, it will have to be through you."

"If that is the case, they will never find us." Nagi answered in reply. "They are trained and trusted by Kritiker, Mamoru. I cannot believe you're still wondering how they found out the tracking device. Look, there are times when you just have to accept that there is no way out this time!"

"There has to be! We've been through so much, we can't give up now. I mean, sure we're tied up and locked up-"

"In the middle of nowhere!" Nagi shouted. His temper finally caught up with him as he heard his harsh gasps accompany Mamoru's soft sobs. "I'm sorry." He tried but his voice cracked. He listened to the older man trying to regain his composure, while Nagi waited as well to get rid of the lump in his throat. He suddenly felt suddenly drained so he let his head fall on his companion's shoulders "I'm sorry, Omi."

Mamoru smiled wistfully at the gesture. It was only Nagi who called him by his old name nowadays. His grandfather had thought he should have his real name since he became Persia and came back to his family. His old team mates would have still called him Omi, if they had been here. He had decided to give them what they truly wanted.

Hidaka Ken, who was pure of heart decided to turn himself over to the authorities for the murders he had committed, one he should have never felt responsible for, since they were mere orders from Kritiker. Then he went after Fujimiya 'Aya' in Europe, with Kripton Brand. Kudou Yohji who yearned to forget everything got his wish, and was leading a happy marriage with the woman he loved.

Mamoru sighed as he leaned towards Nagi. He was all he had left, an ex-rival turned loyal subject and a friend. 'No matter what happens.'"I love you, koi."

*******