Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Tying the Knot ❯ Wee! Surprise!! ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Tying the Knot
Author: Seph*
Rating: T (I think.. o_O;;)
Warnings: yaoi, comedy, romance…
Disclaimers: Weiss Kreuz does not belong to me…
Author's notes: A big thank you to my first ever reviewers!! :) I feel inspired to write again… so I dedicate this chapter to you guys!
 
 
“…and he followed you home.”
 
I gaped at Youji who was standing right in our doorway— SCHWARZ'S DOORWAY! The sound of Schuldig clearing his throat made me stare at him too… I was absolutely aghast at what was happening. I stood there nearly motionless before a vision gripped me—“Youji watch out!” I shouted before I could stop myself… and it was a good thing that I did because the blond was able to leap out of the way just in time before one of our sofa chairs smashed itself on the spot where Youji had been previously standing.
 
Schuldig wheeled around, “Nagi.” Sure enough, Nagi was standing behind us but with his eyes locked on Youji who was now crouching not far from where Schuldig and I were standing. “Weiss…!” Nagi bit out. Schuldig let out another chuckle as he replied, “we know—he followed Brad.”
 
“Crawford… what's going on?” The telekinetic suddenly had Youji in midair as he moved towards us, looking very confused. Schuldig elbowed me and whispered in my ear, “Come on Brad, tell him!”
 
“Nagi… put him down.” I said it in such a hushed tone that I was surprised that Nagi actually heard it. “You heard the man, put him down short stuff!” The German ruffled Nagi's hair and the latter could not help but look so confused that he wanted to cry. He turned to me again and I nodded in confirmation. Nagi pursed his lips and released Youji who landed lightly on both feet. “Good one!” Schuldig just couldn't stop himself sometimes…
 
For a moment I thought that Youji was going to get back to his senses and just leave—but he didn't. Instead he just stood there—staring at me… and I was staring right back. I felt myself tremble under that jade gaze, and I just wanted to shout at him—to tell him to just runaway… he wasn't even supposed to be here. I begged him with my eyes to just go… but I knew from how he looked at me that he wasn't going to leave… even if he knew I only had to say the word and Nagi would break him in half. We looked into each other's eyes for what seemed like forever—I wanted to look away, but somehow I just couldn't.
 
“Is something going on—“ I faintly heard Nagi's voice but he was interrupted by Schuldig, “Something has been going on—now, it's boiling over.” Was it just me, or did I just catch a hint of a mental snigger back there?
 
Youji opened his mouth to speak but I had to stop him, “Balinese, if you want to leave here alive—I suggest you leave at once… lest I change my mind… and for them to change theirs as well.” I said referring to Schuldig and Nagi who were less than two feet away from me. For a moment Youji hesitated, but I caught the glance he threw at Schuldig and I knew that there was something going on in that German's head. I was about to voice out my suspicion when Youji took a step towards me. Naturally, I took a step back… “Balinese, I'm warning you…”
I don't know if he's high or on drugs—but Youji seemed to have lost all his senses as he took another step forward, and another, and another until there was only about a foot of space between us. “Schuldig! Please take Balinese outside… and take care of him.” I barked nervously as I felt Youji inch even closer.
 
Schuldig didn't move. I snapped my head in his direction and called again, “Schuldig!” Schuldig looked at me apologetically before he stepped back and raised his hands in the air, “Hey, that's your problem—not mine.”
I stared at him incredulously, “What do you mean?! He's Weiss, we're Schwarz… he IS your problem too!”
“No… he's Kudou, you're Bradley—and this is your problem—the two of you.”
 
I was stunned—I did not expect that… then again, I didn't expect a lot of things that happened tonight. I mentally cursed my gift for not having warned me about any of the things that have transpired. I then called Nagi, but the boy quickly hid himself behind the German and said in a small voice, “Anou… I think Schuldig is right… I think you two do have a problem.”
“Which you're both going to fix right now.” Schuldig finished with a tone of finality.
I pushed up my glasses stubbornly, “We don't have a problem.”
“Yes we do.” It was only then that I realized that Youji had not spoken a single word since he got here… until now.
“Shut up!” My nerves were at their wits end and I could feel myself break into a cold sweat. I didn't need to hear his voice now… not here, not now!
“We have a problem… and I want to set things right.”
Oh that really did it! “Set things right?! How?! It's not like you've been around much to actually KNOW what's wrong!” I knew this whole episode was going to end up like this if I didn't get him out… I was losing my temper.
“Baby—“I froze at the pet name—correction, I LOST MY TEMPER.
 
I heard muffled giggling from behind me and I knew that Schuldig and Nagi were beginning to find this whole thing amusing. I felt the blood rush to my face in embarrassment at having been called that—I was the leader of Schwarz for heaven's sake! “Don't… don't call me that!” was all I could say, but even that was said half-heartedly. Youji probably taught this a good moment to start talking about US… in front of my team and completely obliterate whatever respect they had left for me after he had called me—baby.
 
“Baby, please listen to me… I know I've been out of it for the past few weeks… but—“
“Months. Months Youji—you've been out of it for three months!”
“Fine, months then… I was just so distracted because I had so many things on my mind—“
“Things that couldn't wait… things that were more important that actually being there for your lover?!”
I heard another muffled squeal at my mention of the word `lover'—Argh! I actually said that out loud in front of my team… I stole a quick glance in Schuldig's direction and saw his grin widen even more. I secretly wished for a car to run over me.
“…that's not true! I thought a lot about you… about how we were doing, our relationship, how much I—“
“Don't even say it! I won't have anyone lie to my face!” I suddenly felt so angry at him but one look at his face and I wished I hadn't said anything at all.
 
One look at him and I knew that I had hurt him with what I said.
 
“Fuck Brad! Just shut up and listen for once—what's wrong with you?!” Schuldig glared at me, and so did Nagi. Shit! Was everyone against me today?!
“Because… I feel that he's cheating on me…” I managed to say in a quiet voice.
Youji looked up at me, “I would never do that baby… you of all people should know that.”
“Then why do you always seem too busy that you can't even spare me a few hours… or always space out during the little time we get to spend together? I know what if feels like to have so many things on my mind Youji, to be so busy that I can hardly breathe—but I never forgot about you—never!”
“I never forgot—“
“You just did… last night.”
“I told you—“
“Where were you?!” And we were back to the start of this whole fiasco…
“I…” Youji sighed. “I wanted to save it for our anniversary next week…”
I gasped, “You remembered…” I whispered more to myself than to him, but he heard me.
“How could I forget the day when you first said that you loved me too?”
 
Again there was the squealing… I didn't even dare to look at Schuldig and Nagi for fear of what they would look like squealing like a pair of girls...
 
“Baby… I don't know about you, but I know for a fact that these past four years I've spent with you have been the happiest years of my life and I—“ Youji hesitated and seemed to be fumbling something inside his pocket as he purposely avoided eye contact all of a sudden. “I realize now what I really want to do with my life…”
“…and what would that be?” I couldn't keep my voice from breaking, and I was aware that my body was already shaking slightly with emotion. I had to keep calm…
“I… I want to spend it with you.”
 
I couldn't believe my ears… Youji was saying all this to me—in front of Schuldig and Nagi! I felt as if my heart would burst at his words, but at the same time I felt the leader in me suppress my urge to just embrace the blond. I opened my mouth to say something—but no words came out… not like I needed to say anything as Youji continued with what he was saying.
 
“and I also know that I haven't made the best decisions—but I know that I'm a hundred percent decided on what I'm about to do now…”
 
I heard Schuldig and Nagi suck in their breath in unison and so did I when Youji suddenly knelt on one knee in front of me with one hand clutching something he had pulled from his coat pocket. Nagi gave out a strange high-pitched sound and another look at the German's face only made me more nervous than I already was because his impossibly wide grin had widened even more! I felt so stupid at that moment… it seemed as though everyone in the room knew what was going to happen, and I—the ORACLE had absolutely no idea!
 
Youji squared his shoulders as he spoke without looking up at me, “I love you baby… and I was thinking… and I was—and I would be the happiest man if…” The blond looked so flustered as he started hitting his head with his fist. I wanted to hold him and ask him what was wrong… but I was so confused with what was happening—I didn't even know what the hell was happening.
 
//How can you just stand there?!// I blinked at Schuldig's apparent mental intrusion.
//What am I supposed to do? I don't know what's going on!//
//Damn Brad! You still don't get it do you?//
//Get what?!//
//Fuck your dense…!//
//Wha--//
Our mental conversation was cut short when Youji held my hand in his and squeezed it gently. “Yotan I…” At that moment I just wanted him to hold me… I was so confused.
 
“Baby, what I really want to say… to ask is… Bradley Crawford, will you marry me?
 
 
 
T B C
 
Wee! Youji finally proposes to Brad—in front of Schuldig and Nagi! Not that they seem to mind—the two find the night's events amusing. o.O
 
Please leave comments and reviews—they keep me inspired. :) Thank you again to my first reviewers… I'm happy to know that people are actually reading this.
 
Till the next chapter!
 
Seph