Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Tying the Knot ❯ Schuldig Knows??! ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Tying the Knot
Author: Seph*
Rating: T (I think.. o_O;;)
Warnings: yaoi, comedy (in future chapters), romance…
Disclaimers: Weiss Kreuz does not belong to me…
Author's notes: Dinner time— o.O Please leave comments or reviews if you can… so at least I know if anyone is actually reading this—or if I should just take it down. Anyway, please enjoy this chapter of Tying the Knot! :)
 
 
CAFÉ PARIS 7:45 PM
 
I pulled over by the familiar sight of Café Paris, a restaurant that idiot and I had frequented before… I sighed. “Before…” I felt my lips nearly purse at the word as I quickly parked my car at the back of the restaurant… it wouldn't do me good for anyone to recognize my car in a place like this. I stepped out of my car and walked briskly towards the entrance where the receptionist took one good look at me before he broke into a smile. “Crawford-san, it's a pleasure to see you again—it has been so long!” The man bowed to me courteously and seemed to be very pleased that he had forgotten all the French greetings which were usually expected of him. I smiled back at him and nodded politely before I inquired, “Is there an available table?” “Ah Crawford-san, there is always a table for you here.” He then called a waiter to him and went on, “A table for--?” I looked at his inquiring look, “t-two please” I mumbled almost incoherently. “A table for two for Crawford-san and his lovely date~” the man finished and asked me to follow the waiter. I gave a curt “thank you” before I went in with the waiter.
 
The restaurant had barely changed since the first time we ate here… the velvet curtains, the warm yellow light, the pristine white table cloths, the candle lit tables, and the melody of violins… I gave another sigh as I sat down on our table. We were placed at the back—I suppose the receptionist still hasn't forgotten our favored table… but I guess he'd forgotten who I usually went with… he did say “lovely date.” I don't think he'd appreciate being called `lovely' - he'd probably say it's so gay. Tsk… weren't we? Not really… I never looked at other men… I looked at my watch, 8:00. I looked around—no Youji… again.
 
A waiter came and asked me if I wanted any refreshments or an appetizer, I asked for the best wine instead… I felt like drinking a whole bottle at that moment. The waiter left and returned promptly and started pouring the red wine into my goblet, filling less than half of it. I looked up at him and said, “More…” The waiter complied and filled half of the goblet. I downed the wine in one go and put the goblet back down and beckoned to the waiter, “another.” The man hesitated till I shot him a glare and he complied, filling half of the goblet again. I shook my head, “fill it up.” The waiter was shaking when he poured the wine—which I again drank in one gulp. I felt the liquid burn down my throat but I didn't care—I just wanted to drink some more. I asked the waiter to fill up my goblet again but he refused, mumbling a polite excuse but I would have none of it. I grabbed the bottle from him and told him to go away as I poured myself another goblet of wine. Another and another and another…
 
My cheeks felt like they were burning, and my stomach wasn't feeling very well either—I rested my head on the table since everything looked blurry. For a minute or two I was simply listening to the random sounds around me, the clinking of silver against china, the tinkling of goblets as toasts were said, the soft murmur of whispered conversations… then, I heard it—THAT VOICE! I felt my heart speed up its pace and something inside me seemed to purr in excitement—I suddenly felt an all too familiar longing for… him. I raised my head weakly and squinted in the direction of the voice—vision clearing at once when I saw his long honey-colored hair glowing softly in the dim yellow lighting.
 
“Is Brad here? Bradley Crawford?” I barely heard him talking to the man upfront… I sat up unconsciously. I felt my breathing quicken—I was not aware that he still had this effect on me.
 
Even if I wasn't looking at his direction, I could literally feel him coming closer. I fumbled carelessly with my napkin, folding and unfolding it, fiddling with my utensils until I heard his footsteps less than a meter away. I swallowed the forming lump in my throat and cleared my throat—trying to act oblivious to his presence. I hadn't noticed that I was holding my breath till I gasped in surprise when a pair of long arms encircled me from behind my chair and I found myself being pulled tightly against a strong chest. I snapped my head to the side to glare at my `assailant' only to be greeted by warm lips which pressed against my own for a kiss.
 
My eyes went wide in surprise but slid closed almost at once as I shyly kissed back. It was a chaste kiss, but its effect nearly made me ecstatic— I felt my cheeks burning even more and I could hear a slight buzzing in my ears when I opened my eyes.
 
“Hello baby… I missed you so much.” The blond pressed another delicate kiss on my cheek before he took the seat across our little table. I felt even more blood rush to my face as I looked away… I never realized how little I've changed around him. I opened my mouth to return the greeting but my throat suddenly ran dry and I couldn't think of anything to say.
 
“Baby… baby you okay?” Youji held my hand across the table as he looked at me with his jade eyes. I nodded silently as I stared at our hands, slightly comforted the sight. “I'm sorry I'm late…” he started and I looked up at him at once—suddenly defiant as I pulled my hand away from his. “You're late.” I bit out, trying my best to glare at him even if I could barely make out the rest of his face— I was getting a headache and my vision was getting blurry again. I shook my head in an attempt to get rid of the headache—no effect.
 
I saw him move closer but I reassured him, “I'm fine really I am… I just feel a little…” I waved my hand in little circles… I couldn't remember the right word. I felt his face draw nearer to mine and I could imagine myself turning crimson as the heat surged to my face yet again. “Baby, how much wine have you had?” The blond tilted my face so that we were face to face. I refused to answer, but the waiter who had just returned to table cleared his throat as if to say “ask me, ask me!”
 
Youji looked up at the waiter and asked, “How much has he had before I got here?” “The whole bottle sir…” I scowled at the waiter and was about to object when Youji turned back to me. “Did you drink the whole bottle?” I shook my head, “No…” An arched blond eyebrow. “Maybe… Yes!! But I drank more last night because you didn't show upppp..!!” I raised a shaky hand and pointed an even shakier finger at my lover. I tried to straighten my tongue but every time I tried to speak, it all came out slurred as if my tongue couldn't follow anything I wanted it to say.
 
Youji asked for some water and a pair of menus, giving the waiter a slightly embarrassed smile before he turned to me with that soft and gentle smile—the smile which I knew was meant only for me. Hmmm… only for you? How do you know… for sure? I tried to shut out the little voice in my head which had begun voicing out my earlier concerns. The waiter returned with the water and the menus. I drank 2 glasses of water to sober myself up then left Youji to order for the both of us—I smiled at the memory of the first time we came here and he didn't know half the things that were offered in the menu.
 
The food soon arrived and our greatly delayed dinner was finally underway. I purposely avoided eye contact with him, thoughts of his possible betrayal seemed to multiply in my head at an alarming rate and I was afraid that I'd end up blurting something without thinking first if we ever got eye contact. I could feel his gaze on me and I chewed my lip nervously—oh no, he's going to start a conversation!
 
“Baby, I really am sorry for last night… and for being late tonight…” Youji's tone was apologetic, and I felt him reach out for my hand again. I nodded in silence~ I wasn't really mad at him… I was just—afraid of what I wanted to know. “Could you look at me at least—I've missed you so much.” I closed my eyes… I could listen to that honeyed voice for hours on end—I sighed before looking up at him, offering a small smile. “I-I missed you too… Yotan.” I managed to whisper softly… It's surprising that after nearly four years of being together, I was still shy of saying his name out loud.
 
“Beautiful…”
“What?” I looked at him quizzically.
“Beautiful... you look so beautiful tonight love.” He looked at me intently that I felt myself nearly melt at the intensity by which those green orbs regarded me.
“…” I couldn't say anything; I just blushed heavily and looked down again.
Confront him! Ask him! Catch him off-guard! The little voice in my head had become even more persistent that I suddenly blurted out in a loud voice, “I have to ask you something!”
Youji was surprised at my sudden change of tone but asked me to ask away. I looked away then began fumbling with my fork nervously as I tried to form the right question… are you tired of me? Have you found someone else? Is there something you want to tell me? I felt so confused… “Yotan I- I was just… thinking…”
“Yes?”
“Do you...” I took a deep breath. I never had any difficulty talking to people—I'm actually used to being very blunt. “Do you have somebody else?” I tried to sound as calm as I could but my voice broke at the question and I found myself gripping my fork tightly in an effort to contain my fears. I turned my face towards him again; I wanted—no, needed to know for certain.
 
I had obviously caught Youji off-guard judging from how he looked at me wide-eyed and slack-jawed while his fork seemed frozen between his plate and his mouth. I implored him with my eyes with which I begged him for an answer.
 
“Wh-what the… where would you get an idea like that??!” The blond looked at me, blatantly flustered at my question.
“It's not that I don't trust you, it's just that lately you haven't paid very much attention to me—to us.” I murmured in a barely audible voice—slightly ashamed at my apparent insecurity.
“We've both been very busy baby, you of all people should know that— and the guys have been worked-up recently and I wouldn't want them to suspect anything.” With that he set his fork down and looked directly at me. “I can't let them hurt you love.”
I couldn't help a small smile from forming on my lips at those words, my fears somewhat dissipating and I felt my chest loosen up a bit. “I know… but at least tell me what kept you last night?”
At this, my lover visibly paled and his smile somewhat straightened into an unreadable expression. I felt that stomach churning feeling again—the same stomach churning feeling I get when I feel (and still not see) that something is wrong.
“Yotan…” I called weakly… I was quite certain that something had happened last night—and he didn't want to tell me.
“I told you… I had an emergency, something came up.” I could sense how much he tried to keep his voice steady… he was nervous.
I steeled myself this time… No matter how much I loved him and how long we've been together—I know I deserved better than to be lied to.
“What kind of emergency?”
“What do you mean what kind??! Come on Brad stop this.”
“Tell me what kept you last night and maybe I will.” I regained my composure and looked at him squarely—scrutinizing him.
Youji gave an exasperated sigh of disbelief as he ran his hand through his blond hair. “We haven't seen each other for nearly a month and you're acting up like a damn woman!”
I nearly flinched at that comment… but that was it—he was obviously avoiding having to answer the question. I sat up straight and pushed my glasses higher unto the bridge of my nose and gave him my ultimatum, “Either you tell me now Yotan or I'm walking out that door and I tell you that when I do that I would want nothing more to do with you… with you and whoever or whatever else you're sleeping with.”
“Bradley…” Youji stared at me and when I raised an eyebrow at him, I knew that he knew that I was serious about what I had just said.
“Well…?” I crossed my arms against my chest. No matter how cold I may seem on the outside—right now I felt my heart plummet to my stomach at the idea that Youji would choose not to tell… to just let me walk out of his life just like that… was I… was I so easily replaced?
“I… I can't tell you… not right now.” Youji finally replied as he bowed his head.
I bit down a sob which nearly escaped my lips at what he said… I couldn't believe it… how could anything mean more to him than our relationship… more than Weiss or Schwarz for that matter. I felt tears well up in my eyes but I couldn't let them fall—I had to get out of there.
 
“Then you've made your decision.” I stood up stiffly and pretended to smoothen out the non-existent wrinkles in my suit before I quickly made my way to the front door and out to where my car was parked. I boarded it at once and drove off as fast as I could… I didn't care anymore, all I knew was that I needed to get away from there—from him… as far away from him as I could possibly get.
 
I was oblivious to everything else…. I just drove off to where I knew he would never dare to follow me—home. I parked my car carelessly in the garage and made my way back up to the apartment blindly. All I could see was his face, all I could here was his voice and the little voice in my head which kept on talking and talking until all of it sounded like a monotonous buzzing. I entered wordlessly and walked briskly towards my room until Schuldig quickly stood up from the couch and stared pointedly at me.
 
“Brad?” Schuldig had the tone of voice which he never used at home—he was serious.
“What?” I snapped at him—all I wanted was to get back to my room and be left in peace.
“Problems?” Schuldig had that predatory tone to his voice… like a cat teasing a mouse—I was not amused.
“Stop this Schuldig—I'm tired and I want to rest.” I bit out firmly as I tried to push my way past the German.
“Weiss problems?”
My eyes went wide as I looked at Schuldig incredulously… I knew from his voice that he knew. Oh God… he knows… he knows…
At this the German laughed a heartily then turned to me with a look that could only be described as looking like a cat that got the canary.
“H-How did… I made sure that…” I was at a complete loss for words.
“As for question number one, I've always known Brad. I'm your best friend, I notice things, especially when perfect-precision Bradley started losing track of time once in a while—WHICH by the way, only started around… hmmm… three years ago?” The German gave another throaty chuckle.
I felt like digging a hole in the ground and burying myself in it.
“Plus I've snuck into your dirty dreams when I couldn't sleep a couple of times… haha!” I was beginning to feel faint at all of this unwanted information, but Schuldig wasn't done yet.
 
“That.” He cleared his throat and pointed to the open door behind me, “and he followed you home.”
 
I stared at Schuldig wide-eyed before I wheeled around to find a disheveled and panting Youji leaning against the doorframe staring right back at me—and I was frozen solid.
 
 
 
T B C
 
Wow… this is my longest chapter yet! I'm trying to rush things so Weiss and Schwarz finally get into the picture. Plus I'm excited to write about their reactions!! Wee… hope you enjoyed this chapter!!
 
Btw… please leave comments or reviews just so I know if this fic is still worth continuing… or if anyone's reading it at least.
 
Thank you. :)
 
 
Seph