Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Tying the Knot ❯ Random Pop-Ups ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Tying the Knot
Author: Seph*
Rating: T (I think.. o_O;;)
Warnings: yaoi, comedy (in future chapters), romance…
Disclaimers: Weiss Kreuz does not belong to me…
Author's notes:
 
 
I found myself spaced-out for the second time since Mr. Takatori had started telling us what we were supposed to do… which I couldn't quite remember because I wasn't really paying attention. I looked at Nagi who was sitting on the other side of the couch we were sitting on—he was also staring blankly at the man… he was bored. I was… distracted—which was very out of character because I was never really one to get side tracked especially when it came to business matters.
 
“Crawford? Crawford!”
 
A voice snapped me back to reality. I straightened my head and looked forward again to an inquiring Takatori. I nodded and said, “Yes, I understand.” Takatori eyed me suspiciously before continuing his rambling. No matter how hard I tried, I simply could not focus on the matter at hand… all I could think about was HIM, him him him… HIM and how he stood me up for the first in three years… it just wasn't right… it wasn't right… it didn't feel right at all. I felt my stomach churn uneasily the way it does when I knew (but did not see) that something was wrong. I wanted it to be 8 pm already… I wanted answers~ and… and… I wanted to see him. It has been so long…
 
Takatori finally dismissed us at around 2 o'clock. I beckoned to Nagi and I drove us home, flustered as the vision of the apartment kitchen being torn apart by a very hungry German and Irishman flashed before my eyes. Tsk. How could I have forgotten to buy the microwavable dinners for these emergency situations? Those two could not survive being left alone at home either… I shook my head as I rushed up the stairs with Nagi following me wordlessly, I suppose he had already guessed that I had a vision. I reached the door just in time for Schuldig to exclaim, “THERE ARE NO MORE BOXED DINNERS IN THE FREEZER, WE'RE GOING TO DIE FARF!!”
 
I gave a sigh of relief… I had gotten back just in time. “Brad, we're hungry… there's no more food in the refrigerator!” Schuldig whined like a child. I could see that Farfarello was also hungry, and Nagi too even if he didn't say it out loud. I was too bothered to have an appetite. “Nagi, order a delivery from somewhere… we haven't gone to the grocery yet.” Nagi quickly got the phone with his powers and asked us what we wanted to eat. Schuldig wanted pizza (how unhealthy…), Farfarello wanted innards (which he will not get), and Nagi wanted pizza as well—“so pizza it is.” Nagi then went on to ordering while I went to my room to finish a business report.
 
I opened my laptop and started typing my report when a webpage suddenly popped out from one of my resource websites. I was about to click the x button but I stopped. Written at the top were the words, HOW TO TELL IF YOUR BOYFRIEND IS CHEATING ON YOU. I don't know why but I decided to scan the probable pop-up ad for some teenage magazine.
 
&HOW TO TELL IF YOUR BOYFRIEND IS CHEATING ON YOU&
 
Have you been together for a year? Two? Three? No one is safe, especially when it comes to long term relationships wherein one or both parties develop tendencies to look in another direction—away from their partners. So how can you tell? Here are 7 tell-tale signs that your boyfriend is probably cheating on you.
 
He doesn't take you out anymore
He doesn't pay much attention to you when you go out
He doesn't seem interested in sex with you as much
He doesn't pay attention to birthdays or anniversaries
He doesn't seem to care anymore
He says that everything is fine and it's all in your head
He says he's very busy or has had lots of unexplained emergencies
 
If you checked more than 3 of these signs, then your beau is probably hiding another chick's thong under his bed or is enjoying some hot loving in somebody else's love nest. Be warned girl, catch him in the act and dump him like the pile or garbage that he is for cheating on you.
 
Give him a taste of his own medicine by showing him that you're still a hot commodity by donning those sexy clothes you've been hiding behind the closet and seeing him weep as guys keep their eyes locked on you.
 
You go girl!&&
 
 
I quickly closed the window when I heard a faint knocking sound on my door, “Yes?” “Crawford, would you like a slice of pizza?” I heard Nagi ask from outside.
“No, I'm fine thank you Nagi.” I called back.
 
I felt very uneasy… why did I even read the damned article—any person could have made that. It doesn't take a genius to notice those things… tsk. I opened my business report again and continued typing—only to realize that I had typed the following in the middle of my report:
 
…Weiss was successfully prevented from assassinating the client. Farfarello was able to inflict a minor laceration to the Abyssinian's right arm, while Youji did not show up last night I suspect that he's cheating on me
 
Oh my God… I took off my glasses and wiped them before putting them back on. I read what I had typed and felt my insides churn again—could it be… could it be possible that the reason I've been feeling so ill and uneasy is that… I think Youji is cheating on me??! No… it can't be… I've never—he'd never… No…
 
I tried to remember the signs that the article enumerated… He doesn't take you out anymore, I bit my lip… it had been forever since Youji had asked him out for a real date… too long. That's one check. He doesn't pay attention to birthdays or anniversaries, I felt my chest do its characteristic cringe… our fourth year anniversary was coming up next week and Youji has not said anything about it all—as if he'd forgotten… or he doesn't care! He doesn't seem to care anymore.
 
I had a million thoughts crashing and burning against each other as I pieced together Youji's odd behavior recently. How could I have been so blind??! For the past six months, Youji had been acted off like he was always pre-occupied or distracted. We had not seen each other for nearly a month because we were both BUSY except during missions when we had to pretend to fight—and he stood me up for the first time saying that he had an “emergency.” I gasped… He says he's very busy or has had lots of unexplained emergencies.
 
I choked on a sob that nearly escaped my lips… I couldn't believe it—after three years… after THREE YEARS!! I felt my lips quiver and my eyesight blurred as tears welled up in my eyes… and for the first time in so long—I cried. I covered my face with my hands as I made my way to the bed. All I could think of was HIM and the burning pain that welled up inside of me.
 
Three years… could he have gotten tired of me? I was suddenly plagued by self-doubt. Prior to our relationship, he had always been dubbed a lady's man… a player… a playboy… who engaged in flings and casual sex. I had hated him then, thought him a slut—a dirty bastard… but I had been wrong~ or I thought I was wrong for believing what everybody else said. Then I felt a dull ache in my chest… how could I have believed that he would not grow tired of someone like me? I was not beautiful, and I was certainly not a woman… he had always complained (though jovial in nature—or so I thought) how shy I was every time we… made love (or was I just a prolonged investment for casual sex?)… these thoughts plagued my mind and I cried even more.
 
I don't know how long I cried but the next thing I knew was that I woke up and it was already dark in my room. I then remembered why I had been crying and felt another sob trying to escape, but I pushed it down—I was going to meet him tonight… the liar. I looked at myself in the mirror and saw that my eyes were red and swollen… I washed my face the best I could and changed into a new blue colored suit… he had always told me that he liked me in blue I mused quietly, but I kicked the little voice out—he probably told that to every other girl he's been with anyway, I thought bitterly.
 
I conjured up a plan… to see for myself if what I was suspecting was true. If there was one thing Youji could not resist, it was anything that had to do with sexual activity… and that is how I will find out. How exactly? I'll figure that out after dinner. Without a second glance at the mirror, I straightened my tie, got my keys and headed towards the door—passing my Schuldig and Nagi who were watching cartoons in the living room. “Oooh~ looking sharp Brad!” Schuldig teased as he waved me off. I shrugged and opened my mouth but Nagi beat me to it, “I'm going out, I'll be late so don't wait up. Schuldig, make sure that Farfarello is confined in his room and Nagi should be in bed by 10 o'clock sharp.” The Japanese boy looked at me with a smile as he finished my monologue which he had memorized by word. I blinked, speechless for a second… Schuldig laughed out loud and clapped Nagi on the back, “Hey~ this kid's good! Got you there Brad!” They shared a good laugh before Schuldig finally waved me off for good saying, “Yeah, yeah~ go—go to your little princess and make little bunnies~ shoo!”
 
I shook my head at such language in the presence of a teenager no less! But I had more important things to take care of… so I boarded my car and drove off to Café Paris.
 
 
 
T B C ~
 
 
No full blown angst if that's what you're thinking… ;)
 
Oh~ what happens at a dinner date with a paranoid Crawford and a suspected infidel Yotan?
 
Is Youji cheating on Brad? Or is he innocent?
 
Read the next chapter to find out!
 
 
Comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated. ^^
 
Seph*