Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Weiß Kreuz: The Band ❯ Jagged Little Pieces ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Weiß Kreuz: The Band

Disclaimer: Weiß Kreuz and all the characters associated with it do not belong to me. I'm just borrowing them for a little while.

A/N: This is set in an alternate Universe. Ken, Omi and Aya are in a rock band called Weiß Kreuz and their fans are being killed one by one. Yohji and Schuldich are working together as a part of a PI firm; can they unmask the killers before it's too late?

Full of twists, turns and a bit of angst…enjoy. Please, please review…

Chapter Two: Jagged Little Pieces

"I've never even heard of Weiß Kreuz. They're probably some bubble gum pop boy band group." Yohji said as he and Schuldich strode inside the huge building. After reviewing the data Birman had collected, Schuldich and Yohji had both come to the conclusion that the murders of the girls were somehow tied with the band Weiß Kreuz. Exactly like what Birman had said.

"It's so obvious. Almost every place that that band has played, a murder has occurred the same night. And the murders aren't random they're tied together by the manner in which it was done. All girls, all with their throats slashed." Schuldich said ticking off the similarities in his fingers. "The only thing keeping it from becoming actual is the fact that in Kanagawa and a few other cities Weiß performed in, no murder occurred. I think the killer's just lying low for a while."

"That's why I quit the force. It's so frustrating having to follow protocol when it's so obvious that the killer is right there."

"You think someone in the band is doing it?"

"Someone in the band or someone in the general circle," Yohji said with a shrug.

"The guy's psycho, that's for sure and there is a pattern there, not very obvious but I think there's a pattern to the killings that we just haven't seen yet."

"Yeah. Who knows how the mind of a psycho works huh?"

"Good thing Manx let us do the work though. It was touch and go there for a sec. That lady's got a real mean temper."

They stopped talking and showed their passes to the guard manning the elevator. At the top floor they again showed their passes to the receptionist behind the sleek art deco type desk. The two men flirted with her a bit before moving on and she was left with a red cheek in a pounding heart as she gazed after them.

"Wait," Schuldich said before they entered the conference room.

Yohji raised an eyebrow in question.

"If the murder is one of the band members, how can we observe them without them knowing?"

Yohji thought about it. "You wanna pull a Spook?"

"Yeah." Schuldich said nodding.

~*~

"This is Mr. Crawford, he owns the company label Weiß Kreuz works under." Manx said introduced, "Sir, these are the guys from the investigative firm, Yohji Kudou and Schuldich."

"Schuldich? Guilty?" Crawford said eyeing the redhead. "That's your name?"

"First and last." Schuldich said shrugging.

Crawford adjusted his lenses and motioned for the two men to have a seat. "I'm sure both of you have been made aware of the situation."

"Yes sir." Yohji drawled.

Manx glared at him.

"Well then? What can you say about it?" Crawford asked. "I would like to hear both of your opinions."

"We concur with your findings that the killer is somewhere near the vicinity of the band. There should be a pattern; it's just that for the moment it seems to be indecipherable." Yohji said.

"We don't have enough data to really understand how this psycho works but that's why we're hear. To gather as much data as possible to help you get the guy." Schuldich interjected.

"And to protect Weiß," Manx reminded them.

"Of course," Schuldich said with aplomb.

"Do you have a plan?" Crawford asked.

"Me and my partner want to pull a spook, this means no one knows about us and our true identities. One of us is going to have to be a crewman, a roadie or something so he can go about and associate freely with the staff, the other one has got to be near the band almost at all times." Schuldich said. "This method has a dual purpose. Keeping clam about our identities will be safer for us and for everyone concerned. People tend to act different when they think they're being investigated."

"We want to smoke the psycho out, not push him deeper under. From what we've gathered, this guy strikes almost seemingly at random. It's possible he can wait a long time before trying again." Yohji explained.

"He? Don't you mean he or she?" Crawford asked.

"The psycho, in all probability, is male. It takes strength to subdue a target and you would note that most women have very strong legs. In some cases of attack, women are actually advised to drop to the ground and kick their assailants before getting up and running again. Most of the victims found with their throats slashed open were killed lying down, being pinned down."

"They were found lying down yes, but they could have been killed standing up and then they could have fallen." Crawford pointed out,

"There's a simple method to answer that. Gravity. The blood drips found on the victims indicate they were lying down while slashed." Schuldich said shrugging. "We studied the pictures. Any CSI could tell you that."

Manx listened and was amazed and a little impressed despite of her self. The two morons really did know what they were talking about. Their reasoning was sound and logical. She glanced at Crawford and wondered what he was thinking.

"I won't tell you how to do your job, I don't really know much about it so I give you free reign on that. I asked only to be notified as soon as you have found evidences or make any progress in your investigation."

Schuldich and Yohji were surprised. They had pegged Crawford as the 'Take Charge' kind of guy. Some of their clients had been like that, trying to do their jobs for them and usually just getting in the way.

Crawford stood up, "If you'll excuse me I still have a lot of matters to attend to. I'll leave you with Manx to attend to all the details of your investigation. She'll inform me and I will do all I can to help." He extended a hand to shake theirs, "As of now gentlemen, consider yourselves officially hired."

~*~

Schuldich smirked as he looked at Yohji.

"What?" Yohji growled, glaring at Schuldich in the mirror.

"Nothing."

"Spit it out Schu!" Yohji said impatiently as the woman beside him fussed with his hair.

"There is only one word to describe what it is that I am feeling right now; schadenfreude."

Yohji snorted. "You just wait you'll get yours."

Schuldich lifted an eyebrow, "Wahrscheinlich (Probably)," he agreed, "but for now I'm enjoying yours."

Schuldich was going to be the one monitoring the crew members while Yohji had been forced into the position of posing as a member of the band and keeping an eye on the band members and the people in their general vicinity. Aside from working undercover, Yohji also had to change his entire look to fit in with the band's image of 'rock stars'. The decision had come due to the fact that it was Yohji who was Japanese and would fit in better with the all Japanese group Weiß, that and the fact that he had a good voice and could play guitar. Schuldich did not

~*~

Ken held up his drumsticks over his head and hit them together to cue the band, "One, two, three, and four!" He brought them down and started the beat of the new song Weiß was working on. Omi's electric keyboard followed the beat as Aya's guitar wove around them in rhythm to the driving symphony of the song.

Falling like teardrops

The rain pours down

Like icy little fingers

The wind blows cold

And digs into my soul until I'm bleeding

And out of control…!

I can't breath! Let me out, the pain is creeping into me!

Let me fall to myself to escape my memory

Seething chills, running down my spine

I'm afraid, I'm afraid I'll be broken…again…

Everyone's an enemy, look away from smiles

Deceiving little whispers, all of them pure lies

No one knows the real me

I'm a prisoner of anonymity

And all I want to do is break my shackles off and be free…

I gasp for breath the end is near

I search you out I cannot find you anywhere

Come to me; let me feel your touch, your love

Set me free, darling I'm afraid!

I'm afraid I'll be broken again…!

Aya's clear deep voice lent a haunting air to the rather dark lyrics of their new song Broken from their album Jagged Little Pieces. As the last strains of the song was played Manx stood and clapped her hands delightedly. "That was great," she congratulated them.

Omi smiled at her and Ken grinned in pleasure at the praise but Aya just shrugged and took off his guitar placing it carefully on the stand. "What's the news? Are we still going to be cooped up here?"

"Patience," Crawford said striding inside the studio. Everyone came to attention as the owner of the band and the recording label they were under strode forward. "I'm sure you can wait a little longer Aya. This is for the bands' own good. Speaking of which I would like to talk to all of you, there's going to be some changes made and I'd like to talk about it in private."

~*~

A/N: Here I am, still begging for reviews…thank you!