Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Weiß Kreuz: The Band ❯ Into The Mix ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Weiß Kreuz: The Band

 

Disclaimer: Weiß Kreuz and all the characters associated with it do not belong to me. I'm just borrowing them for a little while.

A/N: This is set in an alternate Universe. Ken, Omi and Aya are in a rock band called Weiß Kreuz and their fans are being killed one by one. Yohji and Schuldich are working together as a part of a PI firm; can they unmask the killers before it's too late? Full of twists, turns and a bit of angst…enjoy. Please, please review…

P.S: The song Yohji is singing is by The Calling, the title of the song is Surrender.

 

 

Chapter Four:

 

[Flashback]

 

"Why not just ask the police?" Birman asked as she took a sip of her coffee.

Manx lifted an eyebrow, "No offense to the police force of anything but things do tend to get out of hand when they're involved. Too much politics not to mention leaking."

"Leaking?"

"Leaks, tips, stuff like that…you can't really keep that from happening. At least with a private firm, they get paid higher and their mouths are shut tighter." Manx explained.

"True," Birman said nodding.

"I was browsing through the better-known ones but Botan recommended that I check in with your first. He says that the guys you used are effective and very discreet."

"That they are but they're a little odd."

"Odd?"

"Yes…but they're very effective. I've got to warn you though Manx, the way they do their work is a little off the norm."

"I'm a manager of a rock band, I'm well acquainted with eccentricity."

Birman smiled wryly, "They're more than a little eccentric, they're pretty depraved sometimes…"

"Like I said, I'm the manager of a rock band…As long as they do their job well I don't think that would be a problem."

"All right, I'll give them a call for you. But I can't promise you anything. I'm not sure if their in the country or not…"

"That's okay. Why don't you tell me a few things about them? How did you get to meet them? Who are they?"

"The team is from Jade Agency. There're only two of them…"

"Only two?" Manx said, "I've hired several guards from all the best agencies in town and they still can't track the killer…how can two people…?"

"They're enough. You remember they did save my life…" Birman said seriously. "I heard about the two of them from a reporter friend of mine. Not a lot of things are known about them except that they're very good and they work international cases. Negotiating kidnappings, security…stuff like that."

Manx looked at Birman, "They sound very mysterious…are you sure they won't stick in like sore thumbs? We don't want people to know that we have private investigators out on the murderer's trail…they have to be very inconspicuous."

"Inconspicuous they are not, but don't worry Manx, they're the least likely detectives you've ever seen…trust me on this."

 

[End Flashback]

 

Birman had been right.

The two didn't look like detectives.

They didn't look smart enough to even be considered functionally retarded.

Oh my god, I'm putting the well-being of my band in their hands…

Manx watched as Yohji slouched in his chair seemingly oblivious to the tension and conflict going on in the room.

 

OOOOO

 

"So…you're implying that we're not enough…" Aya said coldly when Crawford finished introducing Yohji to everyone.

"I'm not saying that. You and I both know that Weiß is on top of the charts right now. You're one of the most popular bands in Japan and your records are even selling well abroad."

"Exactly, so what do we need a new member for?" Ken asked. "We're doing well on our own. Bringing in a new member could just affect the group dynamics unfavorably."

There was a moment of stunned silence as everyone digested Ken's articulate statement.

Ken blushed. "I do have a brain to you know," he growled out, flushed.

"We're not saying that you don't," Manx placated the hotheaded ex-soccer player.

Yohji settled back in his chair. Everyone seemed to have forgotten that he was here. Either that or they didn't care that he was there to listen to them argue about the merits of him joining the group.

If he really had given a shit in being in the band, he would have thought it was rude of them.

As it was…it was just amusing.

Aya said his eyes slitted. "You can't just do this without our consent."

"I'm your owner. Yes. I. Can." Crawford said coldly, meeting Aya's hard stare dead on.

The redhead didn't back down. "You own Weiß Kreuz. Not musicians. Without us, all you have is a stupid name."

Crawford lifted an eyebrow, "You signed a contract Fujimiya. I own Weiß and I own you until that contract is up. Just try and breech it and I'll have your ass in court so long that the next time you're allowed to perform in public, you'll be so old you won't even be able to lift your guitar."

 

Omi bit his lip and turned away from the argument, his eyes resting instead on the blonde who was the cause of the argument. The man seemed singularly indifferent to what was going on around him. He didn't even seem to follow the 'discussion' between Crawford, Manx, Ken and Aya. An argument that had arisen because of him

 

Yohji felt someone's eyes on him and he caught the little blonde chibi looking him over with a solemn expression. Yohji gave the poor kid a bland smile of acknowledgement and lifted an eyebrow when the boy blushed and turned away.

 

Ken was kind of agreeing with everything Ran was saying. He'd given up a lot for the sake of this band and his love for music. He might be young but he'd worked really hard to get where he was now. All of them had. To have someone just come in and join them so suddenly…it seemed disrespectful somehow. "We don't even know if he's going to sound good, playing with us. We're known for our own particular brand of harmony and melody. We have a signature style…"

 

"Anou…why don't we just see if he's able to play well…and then if he can we can test his dynamics and style with the group and listen to the overall output…" Omi suggested.

 

The Argument stopped.

 

"I'm not sure he's ready…" Manx hedged.

Crawford just crossed his arms, an unreadable expression on his face as he looked at the occupants of the room.

"You're not sure he's ready and yet you were pushing for his addition into our group?" Aya said snidely.

"Let's just see what he can do and then decide afterwards…"

Manx's eyes darted from the slouching blonde, to Crawford, to Weiß and back to the slouching blonde again.

 

Yohji felt every eye on the room trained on him, but that was fine. He was used to it already. He ran a hand over his hair making sure that the newly cut, colored, straightened and styled tresses fell just so over his face.

He could practically feel Manx vibrate with annoyance and the thought made him smile.

She was one uptight lady.

 

"So what about it?" Aya asked, lifting an eyebrow.

"What about what?" Yohji parried back.

"Play. Play something for us. Let's see how good you really are."

Yohji didn't like the mocking tone the redhead was using, neither did he like the disparaging way the redhead was down his nose at him. Aya wasn't exactly what Yohji had expected out of someone who was in a rock band. The guy would probably look more at home playing in a symphony or something. Actually, neither Ken nor Omi fit Yohji's stereotypical image of a rock star either.

"Any requests?" Yohji asked, green eyes clashing with amethyst even from across the room.

Manx was beside Yohji in a second. "Are you sure about this?" she hissed.

He looked down at her and gave a slow, meandering grin. "Sure I'm sure. Get me my guitar, will you? The one I picked out earlier?"

Manx nodded, surprised that his smile had affected her. The buffoon was charismatic and well…sexy…she'd give him that. But he was still a buffoon nonetheless.

"I think we should all proceed to the music room." Crawford said, "The acoustics there are better than they are here."

 

OOOOO

 

Yohji's eyes were closed as he grasped the guitar in hand, familiarizing his body with the weight and feel of the instrument against him. He opened his eyes and locked them on a pair of amethyst eyes meeting the challenge there.

Yohji loved pushing the boundaries and proving people wrong.

It was another type of rush…another brand of thrill.

He smirked as his fingers found their proper position and he began to sing:

 

"Surrender"

/So, here we are, all alone
As the wine makes you mine for the night
Soft is the way that you feel
And hard is the way that we breathe
In, out, we're moving
Around with the dirt on the floor
I know what I lack is devotion
And I can't fight this off anymore... /

 

Yohji's voice was low and husky and his fingers were nimble as he strummed to cords. His eyes were half-lidded as he sang the song with the proper emotion. Tension…seduction…want…need…desperation…

Everything was evident in each and every nuance of his intonation, the slight sway of his body and the way his hands interpreted the chords and the guitar translated it as music:

/We'll go surrender to the night
We won't look back at our lives
And when you sleep, I'll be there
To kiss your lips, to breathe your air
Right or wrong, it must go on
After this night, we'll leave it all behind /

Manx's hand lifted to her throat. She felt warm all of a sudden. He really had an amazing voice…a bit rough around the edges but it had a quality that was seductive. Even the way he was holding the guitar and the way his lips were caressing the words…

Manx swallowed and licked her lips.

 

 

/Two hearts beat as one
As I open my eyes
Well do you want me to keep going?
Cause I have already come all undone...

Now she's calling
And it hurts me to go
Away from my favorite addiction
There's no way that she'll ever know.../

Yohji's lips, the minute shifts in his facial expression reflected the emotions of the song, the melody and the lyrics.

Crawford could practically hear the shouts of the fans.

He could feel their money pooling into his pockets.

He'd always had a certain knack for knowing things and every instinct he had was screaming that Yohji was going to fit in quite well in Weiß.


/We'll go surrendering to our lives
When you sleep, I'll be there
To kiss your lips, to breathe your air
Right or wrong, it can't go on
After this night, we'll leave it all behind
But I'm still feeling
Drawn to you
In my dreams
So it seems
The man in me always
Gets his way
Never pays
For what he's done
I need you now love, love, love
I crave you now love, love, love/

Yohji's lips shifted in a smile as his eyes sought and held Aya's violet ones. He made sure that he had the redhead's attention before lifting an eyebrow mockingly. "How's that. Good enough for you?"

Omi and Ken both turned to Aya and watched the redhead's eyes shrink into tiny slits.

Omi and Ken's head turned in unison to see what Yohji was doing next.

The blonde smiled and waved at them. "Dôzo yoroshiku…"   

 

OOOOO

 

A/N: Well? What do you guys think? You like it? Please tell me what you think so I know if people are enjoying this fic or not. Thanks!

Dôzo yoroshiku: 'Nice to meet you' or' Please treat me favorably'…something like that…