Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Where do I belong? ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Weiss Kreuz.
 
Where Do I Belong?
Part 1
By Yami Kitsune
 
Downtown Tokyo, from early morning to around five in the evening, the streets are busy with people opening shop, and trying to get to work on time. In all this is one flower shop, it looked like any other flower shop you might see anywhere else in Tokyo. Except for one thing, this one was always crowded with girls; and A few boys from time to time. Today was no different, as soon as the doors opened; there was a swarm of girls waiting. But it was not the flowers that they came to see. It was the four boys that worked there.
 
Standing in the door to the green house getting ready to water the plants was Yohji Kudou. A blond man around twenty two, and an all time play boy. He smiled and winked at one of the girls that were standing close by watching him.
 
Attempting to work on some flower arrangements was Aya Fujimia. Twenty years old and even though he came off as being cold and heartless he still had just as many girls surrounding him as the others in the shop did.
 
Sweeping up the mess from a broken pot was Ken Hidaka, brown hair, and only a year younger then Aya. Ken was an easy person to get along with, even though he somehow managed to turn most conversations towards soccer. But what can you expect from an ex-soccer player?
 
And finally the young boy behind the register ringing up the orders from the few customers that actually wanted to buy flowers. Omi Tsukiyono. His estimated age is seventeen though even Omi himself isn't sure how old he is due to the fact that his earliest memory was eight years ago when he woke up in the hospital. Even though he doesn't remember anything it hasn't bothered him because he has a family now. And they were about as close as any family could be. Because not only did they work together, they all lived above the flower shop.
 
But how could anyone have guessed that in less then a week things would change. And it wouldn't be long before they started wondering if things could ever go back to the way they used to be.
 
~*one week later*~
 
Sitting in the waiting room of the hospital, sat three of the flower boys. Only they were not dressed to work in a flower shop. Yohji was waring a long trench coat, playing with a bit of wire looking up at the clock every couple minutes or so. Ken was pacing back and forth watching the floor as he walked. And Aya was standing there glaring at anything that moved. Out of the three of them Aya appeared to be the less anxious one. And all of this would have looked relatively normal for a hospital waiting room. Except for the fact that their cloths seemed to have blood stains on them, and they weren't waiting in the normal waiting room. It was more like a privet waiting room where the appearance of these boys wouldn't make others un-easy.
 
Ken looked at the door as he watched a nurse rush by before heading back in the other direction. Sighing Ken looked at the other two who were in the exact same positions they had been in nearly an hour ago when they'd first arrived here.
 
“I hope Omi is alright,” Ken said as he continued pacing. Another hour later and a cup of coffee later the door to the room finally opened and the doctor came in. He looked at the three of them. Ken stopped his pacing as Yohji stood up and Aya pushed off the wall looking at the man in the white coat.
 
`Friends of Bombay?” he doctor asked. Ken nodded.
 
“Yes.” Yohji said moving forward with the other two. The doctor sighed and looked at his clipboard as if hoping the information on it would some how magically change. This did not help to ease the three boys' nerves.
 
“I have good news, and bad news.” The doctor said. Ken frowned; he hated it when people said that. Because the bad news was usually bad enough that the good news didn't do much to cheer people up.
 
“The good news is he is alive, and we expect him to live through the night.” The doctor flipped a page on the clipboard and looked at them again.
 
“And the bad news?” Ken asked.
 
“During the operation oxygen was cut off from his brain, not long enough to do any lasting damage…but long enough that it seems he's slipped into a coma” The doctor said with a sigh. Aya took a few steps back slowly sinking into a chair, the first signs of emotion he'd shown all night. Which was understandable, it was far to similar to what had happened with Aya-chan.
 
“A-a coma..?” Ken asked eyes slightly wide. The doctor nodded.
 
“I am sorry. We will do what we can, but I can't promise anything.” He said. Aya lifted his head and glared daggers at the doctor who looked nervous from the intence gaze Aya had fixed him with. There were a million things running through his mind that Aya wanted to say, or better yet do to this doctor. Before he could act on any of them he stood up and stormed from the room. Yohji and ken blinked as they watched him go.
 
“I know this news is hard to take. But you can go see him now if you wish.” The doctor said. Yohji sighed and nodded, he looked over at Ken.
 
“You ganna go see the chibi?” He asked. Ken gave Yohji a look that clearly said `what do YOU think?'
 
“If you'll follow me.” The doctor led them down the hall to Omi's room. Ken stepped into the room and turned on the lights. He felt his chest tighten as he looked at Omi laying on the hospital bed, looking so small and fragile. The boy had a bandage wrapped around his head going down around his left eye. An IV in his arm, he was also hooked up to other machines so they could monitor how Omi was doing. It was hard to believe that Omi was now in a coma, he looked like he'd just gotten beat up and was now sleeping it off.
 
“Omi…” Ken went over and stared down at Omi. He brushed some hair out of his face, Omi didn't move, or make any sound; he just lay there, like a doll.
 
“There is really nothing you can do?” Yohji asked. The doctor shook his head.
 
“I am sorry, but we will do everything we can.” The doctor told him again. Yohji let out a small sigh.
 
“Alright,” he said and looked back over at Omi. Ken was sitting next to the bed, holding Omi's hand. Yohji felt bad for Ken, he knew that Omi was more then just a friend to the ex-soccer player, Ken had come to him about a week ago asking for help, he had been at a loss on how to get a certain person's attention. After asking for details about the person Ken had a crush on, Yohji had put two and two together. That and he had pestered Ken for a name. Yohji shouldn't have been surprised; Ken and Omi had always been closer with each other then anyone else. But Omi had been oblivious to Ken's true feelings.
 
Yohji had helped Ken plan things out; they had set up a date and bought everything for a perfect night where Ken would ask Omi out. Though Yohji had doubted Ken even needed all that he had persisted. The dinner had been set for tomorrow night, they'd have Omi's favorite dinner and watch a movie or two and some time during the night Ken was going to tell Omi how he felt.
 
Yohji shook his head; it wouldn't be good for Ken to stay here to long like this. He walked over and put his hand on the younger boy's shoulder giving it a gentle squeeze. Ken looked up at him and Yohji felt even sorrier for him. Ken looked so lost, and unsure of what to do.
 
“Come on, we should go get cleaned up, then we can come back.” Ken shook his head.
 
“I don't want to leave, what if he wakes up?” Ken asked.
 
“Ken, he's in a coma, the doctor says it's very unlikely that he will wake up, at least not anytime soon.” Yohji closed his eyes as he said this. That sounded heartless even to his own ears.
 
“But this is Omi, he's strong. He will wake up.” Ken was going to be stubborn about this.
 
“Ken, please don't make me drag you out of here. We have to get cleaned up. I don't think people like looking at all the dried blood on our cloths. Omi will still be here when we get back. And he'd understand.” Yohji was sure that Omi would have understood, though he also knew that Omi would have been ten times more stubborn then Ken.
 
“Alright,” Ken said standing up. He looked back down at Omi. “I will be back, Omi.” He said leaning down and kissed his cheek before following Yohji out.
 
~*Omi's POV*~
 
I can hear voices, who is that? Ken-kun? Yohji-kun? What are they saying? I can't tell…A coma? Who's in a coma? Aya-kun's sister? No…she woke up…but who are they talking about?
 
Wait…they're leaving…where are they going? Where are they leaving me? This doesn't feel right…something is wrong; this doesn't fell like my room. Where am I? Something is really wrong, why can't I open my eyes? I can't open them and I can't talk!! What is going on!? Someone, please Ken-kun! Yohji-kun! Help me, please. Where are you?! What is happening?! Where am I!? Pease come back!
 
“Omi, Omi wake up. You're dreaming. It's just a dream koi, you can wake up now. You're safe.” Wait…who is that? I don't recognize that voice…”Open your eyes.” There it is again. I can't get my eyes to open…they're so heavy. I try and open them again, and to my surprise they snap open. I wince at the bright light and close them again.
 
I don't remember there being any room in the koneko this bright. I open them again, more slowly this time. The light still hurts; I wonder how long I've been sleeping? Are Ken-kun and Yohji-kun still here? I feel a hand running through my hair and turn to look at the person laying next to me and scream.
 
“NAGI!?!?!?!”
 
~*normal POV*~
 
Nagi looked at Omi as the boy sat up quickly and looked around the room. He looked disoriented and terrified every time he looked back at him. Frowning Nagi slowly sat up.
 
“Omi, are you okay?” Nagi asked looking worried. Nagi reached out putting a hand on Omi's shoulder. “Are you okay koi?” He asked again. Omi pulled away from him violently and tumbled off the other side of the bed landing on the floor with a soft `thud'. Nagi would have laughed but the fact that Omi looked so frightened was starting to scare Nagi. Crawling over to Omi's side of the bed he looked down at him.
 
“What are you doing here? Where am I? And where IS here for that matter?” Omi asked managing to get up into a sitting position and move further away from Nagi.
 
 
“Omi, we are in our room, in our apartment.” Nagi said. Omi blinked at him looking confused. “You must have hit your head harder then I thought you did.” Nagi said sliding from the bed and coming to kneel next to Omi. He reached out to gently touch the bump that was on Omi's head. Omi pulled back again and put a hand on his head. He frowned when he felt a rather large bump there.
 
“…what…”
 
“I came home and found you passed out on the living room floor. I told you not to plug your laptop in across the room, that someone would trip and hurt them selves. Next time maybe you will listen to me.” Nagi smiled a little. Omi frowned looking even more confused. “I was going to take you to the hospital, but Schuldig said you would be fine so we just brought you in here.”
 
“Schuldig?” Omi felt like he was going numb all over. He was sitting on the floor starring at a boy who last time he remembered seeing him had tried to kill him.
 
“Yeah, you've met him a time or two.” Nagi said frowning more reaching out again to feel the bump on Omi's head but Omi jerked away.
 
“Hn. I didn't realize I was that easy of a person to forget.” Said a voice from the doorway making Omi jump to his feet, whatever color was left drained from his face his eyes widening even more when he saw the red headed German standing there his elbow propped on the door casing and the all to familiar smirk plastered on his face. Before Omi's mind registered what he was doing, he had run to the bathroom and locked the door. Schuldig blinked looking at Nagi who gave him a worried look. Schuldig pushed off the door frame watching Nagi go over to the bathroom knocking on the door softly.
 
“Omi?” There was no answer. “Omi, what is wrong? You're starting to really scare me.” Nagi said.
 
“I want to go home!! You can't keep me here Schwarz!” Omi yelled. “I demand that you take me back to Weiss! NOW!” Nagi looked at Schuldig who looked just as confused as he was.
 
//Schwarz? Weiss? What the hell are you talking about, Omi?// Schuldig asked.
 
“Stay out of my head!!!” Omi yelled and Schuldig was a little surprised to feel a pretty powerful shield go up. Not strong enough to keep him out, but still pretty strong for a normal human. Schuldig sighed, decided talking wasn't going to get them very far, and closed his eyes and concentrated; he got flashes of people he had never seen before, and he was quite sure that neither Nagi or Omi had either.
 
“Wow Nagi, your boyfriend sure has pretty realistic dreams.” Schuldig said and looked back at the door. “Oi, Omi. You need to come out of there, so we can talk.” Schuldig said and waited. “Look, we're not going to hurt you, what you're thinking now was just part of a dream. That's it.”
 
“What?” Came Omi's soft voice. What the heck was this man talking about, just a dream?
 
“Weiss, and Schwarz. It was just a dream.” Schuldig said again.
 
“No it wasn't!” Omi yelled. “Stop trying to mess with my head!!”
 
“I can show you proof if you just come out of there.” Schuldig said and waited again. Nagi frowned and was about to open the door himself when he heard the soft click of the lock. Omi slowly came out, he glared at Schuldig, but the German just smiled at him, Omi was far to adorable to pull off any real threatening glare. Nagi smiled and went over taking Omi's hand. But Omi pulled away as if he had been burned.
 
“Come on, let's get you some lunch.” Nagi said and took his hand again. Omi was about to pull it away when he saw the slightly hurt look on Nagi's face. Nagi looked at him hoping that he wouldn't pull away, he just wanted to help. Omi sighed and let Nagi hold his hand. Nagi smiled and led him to the kitchen.
 
“I already had lunch ready before you woke up; I just need to reheat it.” Nagi smiled. As he led Omi to the kitchen, the blond boy looked around. The apartment was huge! It looked like a place that Omi had always wanted; the flower shop apartment was nice, but fairly small when you had four boys living there. But this place, the living room was down the hall from the bedroom and glancing behind him Omi saw that there appeared to even be a couple extra rooms.
 
He turned his attention to the living room, a big flat screen TV hung on the wall with surround sound speakers nearly as tall as Nagi. There also seemed to be a stereo hooked up to them. Omi wasn't done looking at the living room as he was pulled into the kitchen. It was just as nice as the rest of the place. There was an island in the middle of the kitchen stools lined up at the bar; sitting on the bar was a laptop that Omi instantly recognized as his. He watched at Nagi headed over to the fridge and took out the food he had made before for lunch. Omi turned and went back into the living room to get a better look when something caught his eye. There was a picture hanging on the wall above the fire place that Omi hadn't noticed before.
 
There on the wall, was a picture of him when he was a kid. He was in his mother's arms, and his brothers were on either side of him. That picture didn't really scare Omi that much anymore, but what he saw next to it scared him. Right next to that picture was another family picture, only in this one. Omi was standing between his brothers, and looked to be around 10 years old. There were other pictures lining the wall, ones of just him and his brothers, and him and his parents. The most recent one was one of him and his father, Reiji Takatori.
 
Omi could feel his hands shaking, he looked down to the pictures that were sitting on the mantal. Omi took a half a step back when he saw pictures of him and Nagi. From the time when they were around 13, to now. And a picture that was staring Omi right in the face, was one of the two boys sitting on the park bench, locked in a deep kiss. Omi stumbled back, and would have fallen if Nagi hadn't caught him.
 
“H-how…I don't…remember any of this…was it really a dream…? What about Ken-kun? Aya-kun, and Yohji-kun?” Omi asked looking faint.
 
“Who?” Nagi asked. “Omi, you don't' know anyone by those names.” Schuldig said and Nagi nodded.
 
“It was all just a dream.”
 
“No…no it wasn't…it…it couldn't' have been.” Nagi sighed and held him up.
 
“Come on, lunch is waiting.” He said. Omi could only nod and let himself be led into the kitchen. He was too much in shock to do anything else. Nagi sat him down in a chair and Omi watched as Nagi went about reheating lunch.
 
“So, tell us about your dream.” Schuldig said.
 
“It wasn't a dream! It was real!” Omi still insisted. Schuldig held his hands up in defense.
 
“Alright, no need to get mad.” Omi looked down as Nagi put the food in front of him.
 
“Tell us about your `other life' then.” Schuldig said, trying to choose a phrase that wouldn't get him yelled at again. Omi frowned looking at him.
 
“I shouldn't need to tell you…you should already KNOW.” Omi looked from Schuldig to Nagi and back again. How could he believe that they weren't messing around with him? Sure he'd just seen pictures that scared the hell out of him and there was no possible way for them to have made those pictures.
 
“Alright, even if we DO know. Can you tell us anyway? Pretend as if we don't know?” Schuldig suggested, Omi didn't really like the way this man was talking to him. As if talking to a child who was going to throw a temper tantrum if he didn't get what he wanted. Closing his eyes Omi took a deep breath deciding he would just tell them, then make them take him home.
 
“Okay…first, we live above a flower shop. The Koneko. Me, Ken-kun, Yohji-kun and Aya-kun.” Omi said and for the next hour and a half Omi talked about his life with Weiss. And the more he talked about them, and their missions. The more Omi started to think that maybe it WAS a dream. After all, most of his `stories' seemed fairly far fetched. His father trying to take over Japan? That sounded more like something out of an anime then real life.
 
“…that…doesn't seam real…but I was SURE it wasn't a dream…” Omi said staring at his hands they were still shaking even though he had them folded tightly on his lap. He felt like he was going to start crying. He felt like his whole life had been one whole dream. He didn't remember anything about being here, or being with Nagi. All he remembered was Weiss. “It all seemed so…REAL…” //How could it have only been a dream?// Omi wondered to himself.
 
“Don't worry about it Omi. You'll forget about the dream in a couple days, then things will be back to normal.” Schuldig said. Omi looked at him, and Schuldig noticed that the boy still looked pale and shaky.
 
“How can you be so sure?” Omi asked.
 
“Because.” Nagi finally spoke up as he moved to sit next to Omi. “This happened once before. We were all scared last time because you didn't recognize anyone or anything. And then you really freaked out when you found out you were a boy.” Nagi said trying to hold back the amusement in his voice. “The doctors aren't sure why it happens but when you hit your head really hard. Like you did today, whatever dream you have, that becomes your reality for a couple days at least.” Nagi explained. Omi frowned more looking at him. That made sense.
 
“I might already know the answer but, I can help you remember faster if you like?” Schuldig offered.
 
“No, that's okay…” Omi said; he didn't like the thought of willingly letting the German into his head.
 
“Why don't you finish your lunch Omi? We still have to go to class this after noon.” Nagi said. Omi blinked at him.
 
“Class?” Nagi nodded.
 
“Yeah, remember? Ran-sensei told us to come in to do some makeup work, for that day we skipped last week.” Nagi said. Before Omi could say he couldn't remember he felt like someone hit him on the inside of his head. Not hard, but just enough that he felt it. He looked at Schuldig who was reading the paper and eating lunch. If it had been him, Omi was sure he would be smirking. But he wasn't. Omi looked back at Nagi who was staring at him.
 
“You okay?” Omi nodded.
 
“Hai…I think so…” He said. He frowned slightly as he thought over what Nagi had just told him. It DID sound familiar. He could sort of remember someone telling him that.
 
“Alright, if you're not up to going. I can tell Ran-sensei that you're not feeling well.” Nagi said. Omi shook his head.
 
“No, it's aright. I'll go.” He smiled. Nagi smiled back and stood up.
 
“I'm going to go get changed.” He said and kissed Omi's cheek before he left. Omi blushed and tried to hide it by looking down. But Schuldig caught a glimpse of it and couldn't help but smirk at him.
 
“Heh, nearly three years together and you still blush like you're a virgin.” That made Omi blush even more Schuldig chuckled reaching over and petting Omi's head before standing up.
 
“You better go get changed to, or you'll end up being late. And I need to get to work.” He said and left the apartment. Omi watched him go and sighed staring around the empty kitchen. This was really weird, but the more he thought about it the more appealing this `new life' seemed to be.
 
He stood up and also went to get changed. Hoping that he didn't say, or do anything stupid while he and Nagi were out. Omi found it slightly weird calling Nagi by name. He was used to calling him prodigy or Schwarz. But as Omi walked into the room, he realized that he liked Nagi's name a lot better then just calling him prodigy. And that made Omi smile.
 
//Yeah, this won't be so bad.// He thought to himself.
 
TBC>>>
 
Okay this fanfic has been sitting on my computer for years. I finally decided to try and do something with it again. ^-^ going over it I had two chapters, and I merged them into one really super long chapter. I sadly no longer have a beta reader for Weiss. Though I will attempt to poke at my old beta reader and see if I can't get her to do something with it~ Other then that! I hope you enjoy!