Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Yohji's Bad Day ❯ Shopping With Ken ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


"So Yohji, why are we taking the subway instead of your car?"

Ken looks genuinely puzzled. We really don't bother with public transportation very often. I love my car too much for that.

"It's too hard to find parking in Ginza."

"Ginza? We're going to Ginza?! Christ Yohji, that place is for snobby rich tourists, not me!"

"Rich tourists who want the cutting edge of Japanese fashion." I point out. I jokingly put my arm around his shoulder and ruffle his hair.

"No worries, Kenken. I know just the place to find you some spiffy club gear. I'll have you looking Man-tastic in no time."

Ken snorts and claps his hand over his mouth in an attempt to not hurt my feelings by breaking out in a hysterical laughing fit.

He fails.

"Ahahahaa ::choke:: hehe…"

I try to give him a looks that says "Alas! You wound me!"

"What?"

"It's just….::splutter::… you sound like one of those dorks on the shopping network!!"

"Hey! YOU'RE the dork who actually watches that!"

"I was bored! Besides, it's funny! They sell the most awful stuff! I mean, truly atrocious stuff! And then they get so excited when they talk about it. As if owning a golf ball sized cubic zirconia is the key to solving world hunger or something. I think it's hilarious!!"

He was watching it for entertainment? Weird. Unless he was covering just now. But Ken doesn't lie. At least I'm pretty sure he doesn't. Rats. I'll have to slash that piece of incriminating evidence off the list. How boring. I'll have to pay closer attention for something else.

For ten minutes Ken quietly pretends to watch out the window. I know he's pretending because being that we are in the subway, there is nothing out the window to watch.

He seems to shift uncomfortably, and I realize that he must have noticed that I was watching him.

Oops. Better move my attention somewhere else. I mean, Ken's not going to do anything suspicious if he knows I'm staring at him, now is he?

I scan the train's interior. There is a pretty hot looking guy sitting in the row across from us. A perfect target. Maybe if Ken catches me looking at him, he'll look too, and I can evaluate his reaction to such an attractive specimen.

Excellent, heheh.

I start scrutinizing my victim.

He's wearing skin-tight jeans covered in streaks of silver glitter. On top is a tight muscle tee with "foxy lady" emblazoned across the front in bright flamingo pink.

He can pull it off, he's pretty thin. Not as much so as me, more like Ken.
He's not as attractive as Ken…but he's still pretty hot.
I bet Ken would look good in that outfit….
I wonder what I would look like in glitter jeans?
Nah. Leather's more my thing. But for Ken….

Oh that's right, Ken.

I ought to check on him.

I take a peek in his direction out of the corner of my eye. Yep, he's definitely stopped looking out the window.

But he's not looking at 'foxy lady' either.

He is, more specifically, watching me look at 'foxy lady.'

Oops again. I look away from the 'target' and Ken quickly returns to blankly gazing out the window.

Smooth, real smooth.

I swear, it's like the universe is out to get me today.

Oh well, I see our stop coming up. That should distract Ken from my awkward moment there.

I grab his arm and drag him to the door.

Unfortunately, the exit is blocked by a gang of giggling high school girls. When they notice us the giggling becomes decidedly louder. Of for the love of….I don't have time for this today.

I mean, I love the attention and all, but why does it always have to be high school girls? Why don't I ever get mobbed by a gang of hot swimsuit models? Or college students? You never see college girls skipping class to buy flowers, oh no… Life is so not fair.

Anyway, aside from some obnoxious squealing and pointing, we make it off the train unscathed. Which is a good thing, because I was seriously not in the mood to deal with them. I might have done something to ruin my reputation as Tokyo's biggest ladies man. I certainly can't have that happening.

Now that we've cleared the crowd, I ought to let go of Ken's arm. Ought to. But I don't. I have a sneaking suspicion that he'd conveniently 'loose' me, given the chance. He doesn't seem very keen on this shopping expedition. I don't know why. Doesn't he want to look as cool as me?

The shop that I have in mind is quite close to the station. There's a big black and white sign above the door that states: "Be Soul, Fuck'n Cool."

Yep, classy.

Ken gives me this resigned puppy dog look. He's like, practically oozing cute-ness. It almost makes me wince. What, does he like, practice that look in front of the mirror or something? Maybe I should learn how he does it. It might help me with my deficiency of hot swimsuit models.

I'll make a mental note of that for later. Right now my mission is Ken. So I mercilessly push him into the shop.

He immediately covers his eyes and starts hollering.

"Ah!! The rhinestones! The glitter! It's so bright! I'm bliiiind! Yohji? Where are you?!"

He starts waving his arms about like he's trying to find me. Oh, this is too much. I lightly smack him in the back of the head.

"Cut it out, you dork."

He actually smiles at me and folds his arms.

"No way. You insulted my taste. I'm not going down without a fight."

"It's for your own good." I reassure him. "You'll thank me later."

He gives me a disbelieving look.

"Uh-huh. I'm sure I will."

I ignore his lack of faith and steer him towards the back of the store. That's where all the leather and vinyl is.

Yeah, this is going to be fun.

I point out a fishnet shirt that I think would look good on him.

"NO way Yohji. I'd freeze to death! I have comfort standards when it comes to clothes!"

I shake my head sadly.

"You really are no fun sometimes, you know that?"

"Oh, bite me." He mutters.

"Maybe I will."

I try not to laugh when he gives me a look like a deer caught in headlights. This is too easy. I better change the subject before he has a heart attack or something.

"This looks good." I pull a leather vest off of a nearby rack. I'm not even going to bother asking him what he thinks. He's going to try it on whether he likes it or not.

A few minutes later I've found a pair of black vinyl pants for him. Very very shiny vinyl pants. I start pushing him towards the dressing room.

"Er, Yohji, I still need a shirt."

"Stupid, the vest is the shirt!"

Ken just sighs and enters the dressing room.

A few minutes later Ken comes back out looking very self conscious.

"I don't know about this Yohji…."

"Yohji?"

"Uh, Yohji, you can close you mouth."

My mouth? Oh shit, I hadn't even realized I was gaping.

But, DAMN.

"Er, Yohji, this is not my idea of dressing manly."

"Never mind that. You look good." Very good. Wow. It's like a crime to humanity that he hasn't dressed like this before.

Ken still looks embarrassed. "These pants are awfully tight Yohji…."

"No arguing. It's perfect. You're getting it, and that's that."

Ken's staring at his feet and blushing. "I guess…."

"No buts! Now hurry up and change back so we can get going."

In no time at all he's back and hands me the (not very big) pile of new clothes. I pull out my credit card and head towards the register.

But not before making a quick detour to the accessory department where I pick out one very sexy leather choker. I think I'll save that detail as a surprise for when Ken gets dressed tonight.

God, I'm evil.