Witch Hunter Robin Fan Fiction ❯ 'Eve'ning returns. ❯ Surprised ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Chapter Two- Surprised



A small house sat in the midst of short desert scrubs and a outcropping of rocks, in the middle of nowhere, as evening started to fall. It's brown color had been faded to a brownish grey from wind and sand, as was the old truck that sat at its side. The Australian outback had taken its toll on the little structure, judging from it's state.

Inside the small house, sat two people in the small front room. One was a tawny hared teenaged girl, dressed in a plaid shirt and faded jeans. She sat in a older armchair, reading by the light of a oil lamp set on a ancient looking table. Her long straight tresses fell to almost her waist, as it was not tied back or put up, her striking green eyes intently read the pages with great interest.

The second person was a very muscularly built man that sat on the sofa, reading a newspaper His work green shirt seemed to be nearly too small, as his arms stretched the fabric of what he wore. His long dark hair fell passed his shoulders, framing his square jaw as he leaned forwards a little as he rest his arms on his knees as he held the newsprint into the light of his own lamp.

The man suddenly looked up, his head snapping away from what he was reading. The young woman noticed the man's heightened body language.

" What is it, Amon?" She asked.

" I hear a vehicle coming down our access road..." He said flatly.

" Might be Willy coming out for a late coffee, or a beer with you." She thought out loud, knowing the man heard things like this long before she would have.

" It does not sound like his broken down old van..." Amon informed, shaking his head. " It sounds like some sort of smaller car."

" Linda and her husband?" She asked, trying to put it all together..

" Perhaps." Said the man, unconvincingly. " It is getting dark out already."

Robin felt a little flash of fear coming over her.

" SOLOMON?" she asked, forcing herself to say the name, as the thought chilled her soul.

" I don't know..." The man said standing up after throwing his paper on to the coffee table. " They are not known to have jurisdiction here.." He muttered.

The young teen just looked a little nervous, as she knew that SOLOMON usually will go where ever to get their witch, even another country.

The man hurried to where a long leather trenchcoat hung on the back of the house's front door. He went in to the inside breast pocket, and pulled out a large caliber handgun. The man slipped a full ammo clip into the handle with practiced ease, as the girl stood motionless behind the man.

He turned his head, looking back at the girl behind him while he gripped his weapon tightly in his large hand.

" Stay here, Robin.." He said with a grumble back to the lass..

The girl put her hands on her blue jeaned hips, and stared at the back of the man. She seemed extremely annoyed at the man's words.

" I am not going to do that... I will be backing you up. I need no guarding now." She said defiantly. " I can handle things to a good degree... an' I can fry your butt too, if I wanted to."

Amon snuffed, knowing that arguing with the girl was useless. With her powers, he did not have to treat her with kids gloves, but he seemed to be still doing that anyways ever since she had joined the STN-J so long ago now. That was almost two years ago, a lot has changed in that passing of time.

The tall man wondered where that timid young girl had gone from a two years past, for that was now gone. Even though it had changed, he did marvel how her confidence had burst forth and grown... even if she was rearing her obstinance at him right then. That was one of the many reasons why he had fell in love with her, and it was the rot of his frustration with the young craft user..

He sighed as he looked over at the girl, her dazzling green eyes staring right at him with intenseness.

" I will be right there with you!" She said, with authority.

" Just stay behind me then." He conceded, smirking.

The man stepped out on to the porch, holding the large pistol hidden behind his massive thigh, his eyes peering out into the dusty void of the half desert land that surrounded his small home.

Amon could see in the distance a billowing dust cloud rising into the falling evening air, as the vehicle approached his home at a good clip. He glanced back at the girl for a moment or two, as he waited for the car to near a little more.

He saw the girl was standing just beside him as brazen as her powers were. She still had her hands solidly placed on her hips still, but her face now sporting the glasses the man had given her to clear up the problem of her eyesight when she used her flames. He just snuffed, as he knew she was now ready to defend herself, him or her home. This definitely was not the same girl that had fought the Collective-Moon twelve months ago. Maturity had now taken hold, a young woman was now almost fully formed.

The car came into the yard, and rolled to a stop. Amon tightened his grip on his weapon that he his, reading for a fight if need be. He could see his young lover also tensing beside him, ready to also defend at all cost. He eyed the car with a cold stare, as he felt every corded muscle ready itself.

A figure stepped out of the car, and Amon released the death grip on his weapon. He smiled, as master stepped out of the car.

" What the fuck?" He swore, looking at the tall angular man, his mind clicking fully that the man was really there.

" You two... are so very hard to find." The man called out, his dust streaked face showing relief and a large smile. " Leave it to Nagira to be the one that puts you guys up to live so far away from no one."

Robin realized who the person was, after a moment of pure shock. She raced off the porch and ran to the man with almost a skipping gate. She threw her arms around the man, and she gripped him tightly.

" Master!" She said.

" It is good to see you too, my young Robin." The man said, hugging the young girl back.

Amon came off the porch too, and walked over. He extended his hand to the man, his steel black eyes searching Master's face.

" You came all the way here?" He questioned. " Why did you not just ask Nagira where we were instead of searching for us? Would have been easier, would it not?"

Master's face suddenly got sullen and very serious.

" That is why am here, My friend." The barkeep said, his voice had changed to being very flat in tone.

Amon heard the tone in the man's voice, and he felt something was not quite right.

" You flew al the way here to Australia, and the out back, with out a clue where to find us..." He said in speculation. " What is up?"

Master give a small chuckle, but one not spawn out of mirth.

" You always were very observant.." The man said, his face showing his weariness. " Lead me into your house. We will discuss it over some good sake I have brought for you."

Amon led the man into the house, flanked closely by a very worried looking Robin. He guesses she also felt like something was not right with their friend showing up like this. He hoped that he would share a few shots of his spirits before getting into whatever had made him come all of this way. He had a feeling like he just might need it.

After a few shots of the Sake, Amon looked at his old friend, a look of intense thought painted his face.

" Now... what the hell is going on?" He said.

"You are always straight to the point." The man said.

The man seemed to pause forever, as the others waited.

" Nagira is missing." He said plainly. " That is why I had to use his half notes he keeps to find out just where you two were."

Amon leaned forward, his dark eyes opened widely.

" Missing?" He asked with a hint of shock.

" Nagira is missing?" Said Robin, her voice wavering.

" He is." Said Master, looking into the girl's deep green eyes, that showed her concern with Amon's brother.

" Why in the hell is my brother missing?" Said Amon, getting a glance from Robin at his use of the swear word.

Master face went blank, as his hosts looked on waiting for him to explain himself. He felt the weight of their eyes on him.

" I guess I must start from the beginning..." He said.

" That would be a good thing." Growled Amon, trying to refrain for swearing again.

The man just took a deep breath in, and looked directly into the much larger man's eyes.

" After you left Japan, Your brother and I started a organization to help Witches that were being wrongly targeted by both SOLOMON and the STN-J... simply called the Alliance. A collection of a few lawyers, but mainly us"

" Sounds like my brother to set up something like this." Snorted Amon.

Master nodded, then continued.

" He was going to meet with me one day last week, to go over a report of a young girl of only ten being targeted by SOLOMON agents, after there was a report of her awakening. He never showed to bring me the information he had gathered up to help." Master said, his voice wavering a little. " His girlfriend said he had not shown up for a few days, and being it was Nagira, she had not worried. With him not meeting me, which was not like him, we surmise he has disappeared."

Amon just sat there, mulling over what master had said.

" Any clues at all to if he's even alive?" The long haired man asked, Robin sitting there shocked at what she was hearing.

" They found his car abandoned near the east entrance to the Walled City the other day..." Began Master.

" The police reported on it?" Amon asked, wanting any sort of information the man had.

" They were the ones that found his car in the first place, but I was unable to get the forensic report on what, of anything they found." Master said. " That was Nagira's department to get files that usually nobody could get."

Amon sat back, his eye telling everyone that he was deeply thinking things through. Robin just sat down at the table with the others, even she seemed like this news was very disturbing for her.

" Do you think either the STN or SOLOMON could be involved?" Asked Amon, knowing that was probably Robin's question too.

" My sources out on the street could not find anything to confirm or deny any of it..." Master replied. He stopped to take a seep breath. " I find myself wondering that too."

" It could be a disgruntled Client..." Spoke up Robin, from the sidelines. " That might be possible too... right, Master"

The thin man looked at the girl, her question was very mature.

" Possible... but not likely." Flatly said Master. " I cant find anything that would point that way, in his computer or files."

" You just said you did not know?" Robin said, hearing the man's response.

" Little Robin, all I have to go on is speculation at this point." Said the man, in a soothing voice. " Are you afraid to think your old friends in the STN might be able to do this?"

Robin nodded.

" It has... cross my mind already." She admitted, her mind flooding back with the pictures of her past comrades from the Organization.

" Mine too..." Said Master. " Since the fall of the Factory, I do not see them much as much anyways." He just snuffed. " They have two new Hunters though."

The last little bit of information made Amon look at the man, eyebrow lifted high.

" New Hunters?" He snorted.

" Yes." He said. " A lady by the name of Taishai Black and a man simply called Keegan."

" Both foreigners?" Noted the man, as the Barkeep informed him.

" The lady is from Tokyo, the man... I have not yet been able to pinpoint where he is from." He said. " One of them is deemed a Craft-user, but I was not told which of them was the Crafter."

" When did they come?"

" From the intelligence I have, just a month ago or so." Master said. " They had just been working with what they had... except for Miho, who is not with the STN any longer."

" With SOLOMON?" Amon spat, remembering the betrayal nearly done by the pretty Hunter woman.

" I will explain that later on..." Master said. " But she is not with SOLOMON either, by what I know."

Amon just stood from his seat, Miho was not the most important thing right now. With the light of pure intensity in his dark eyes, he looked at their guest.

"Can you sneak us into Japan, Master?" Amon asked. " We need to find my brother."

" I was planning on it." The man smiled.

Robin stepped in between them.

" I am coming too..." She said.

" I would like it if you just stayed safe here." Amon said, trying to be nice. " With everything I think..."

The girl's eyes suddenly flashed a very bright shade of green, as she spoke and cut off the man's words.

" I am not going to just stay here, and have my Husband going off to search for his brother, and get killed in the process... I too, knew Nagira, and he is family now to me!" She spat, turning and walking off in a huge huff. " I am going too!!"

Master's left eyebrow raised, as she looked at his tall friend.

" Husband?" He asked.

" We... got married last month." Amon said, his facial expression softening greatly as he sheepishly smirked.

" Let me guess... she's pregnant?" Smirked the businessman.

" We lived together for over a year, it did not bother her... now that she is with child... she wanted to get married."

" It is apart of her religious past..." Master pointed out. " She wanted it to be right with her God."

" Does that mean she has to come, now that we are husband and wife?"

" Pregnant or not... she might our ace in the hole if we need to save Nagira." The barkeep said.

Amon knew the man was right, regardless of his apprehensions. He looked at the man, and conceded with a nod.

" Make the arrangements for the earliest we could get out of here."

Master already had his cell phone out.

" Already thinking of that.." The man said.

Amon just turned and went to find his wife. He was afraid of something happening to Robin, or the child she was now carrying. He knew, that she would be stubborn on this one. He sighed, knowing that this all was because of love.