Witch Hunter Robin Fan Fiction ❯ 'Eve'ning returns. ❯ A meeting with the past ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Chapter Three- A meeting with the past



A twin small twin engine cargo plane made it's final decent to the runway of Tokyo's international airport under the pelting of a very heavy rain. It straightened out to the landing strip, its engines slowing as it glided down to earth.

It touched down with such grace through the sheeting action of the tropical storm, almost as if god himself had set it down by hand. It put on the brakes and raised the flaps, and the plane slowed remarkably with such control to stop in front of a very large hanger.

A truck and two men rushed out through the rain to the now stopped plane. Quickly the men hooked up the plain to the vehicle, which was towed into the large hanger with a urgency that the weather had made. The overhead doors closed quickly, sealing the plane in as fast as it had landed with.

Out of the back of the plane, three figures emerged from the interior even as the doors were being shut.

A very hefty man raced up to the three, and actually fell down to one knee right in front of the first person off of the airplane. That person happened to be Master, and it seemed like it was expected by the man.

" Welcome back to Japan, Master-san." He said, almost as if he was groveling. " I hope you had a good flight."

" I did, thank you, Taji." He replied back, noticing that his two friends were staring at him. " Are things set up?"

" Yes they are, Master-san." Said the heavy man, bowing his head after each sentence. " We have a car waiting to take you and your party directly to the meeting, as you had ordered."

Amon looked at the scene, and shook his head. These men were treating the man more than a simple barkeeper, much more. Robin, who stood beside him, looked over at her husband, she too was perplexed by this.

" Do you understand why Master is being treated like so?" She whispered a little. " He's being treated like a prince or something."

" Right now... I am not too sure why ...." Said a very shocked Amon. " I have a few questions to pose to Master, but they might have to wait..."

The tall thin man looked back at his friends, as the groveling man in front of him quickly got back to his feet.

" I will explain it all later... " He assured the taller man, a calmed smile came over his long features. " I cannot take the time right now, we have to meet someone that could help us locate Nagira."

Amon just nodded, his face showing that he was not quite wanting to wait for the answers but was going to anyway. He reached out his had to grasp his young bride's hand and he followed the master, who had walked off with the heavy man to a awaiting car that was parked at the very back.

The group was taken by the car straight into the very heart of the metropolis of Tokyo, and was surprisingly done in about a half a hour. That was a remarkable feat for any driver in the densely populated city, and the group knew it too..

The place where they ended up was a small white concrete and wood built house, in a far off corner of the city. The place was not much to look at, being just a simple quaint house that sat behind a large stone wall and iron gate that surrounded it. It seemed to be just one of those simple, basic family homes that covered the city.

Amon looked at the house, and snuffed. He did not know who's house it was or anything, but he had his gut telling him something was up.

" Why are we here, Master?" He asked.

" This is Nagira's home." He said. " He bought it after you were settled in Australia,. Nagira and his girlfriend live here together."

" Then we are going to talk to his girlfriend?" Piped in Robin, noticing her husband's uneasy stance.

" That is what we are doing... She has a few bits of information she would only pass along to the both of you..." Master said, then pausing. " Both of you may not like doing this though... it is someone that has your past too..."

Amon looked at the man with a cold stare, trying to read the barkeeper's face. There was a air of foreboding in the man's comment, and he did not like hearing such things from his old friend.

" What do you mean by that?" The man growled. " Is it a witch or something?"

" Not exactly..." Said the man, his words stopping for a moment or two.

In answer to the tall ex-hunter's question, someone stepped out of the house, and headed to the gate. Amon looked up and then let a grumble go in his chest. Who he saw, did not make him happy at all, just like Master had warned.

The person was in fact a woman. That woman was none other than Miho, the one who nearly cost both him and Robin their lives back in the Factory. Amon just watched the woman approach, not knowing what he should say to the one who nearly was the one that killed both Robin and himself.

The woman had now shoulder length hair, and was dressed way more simply than she had when with the STN-J. Amon was not impressed one bit with the seemingly different lady.

" Nice to see you alive, Amon." She said, looking at the man despite his glaring at her. She looked over and smiled. " Nice to see you, Robin."

" Uh, yeah..." Mumbled the tawny haired girl, dumbfounded at the appearance of Miho, and did not know quite what else to say.

By the expression on his face, Amon was not at all happy with this situation. He shifted his weight on his feet, as his stare was locked on to this surprisingly hard woman.

" We have to trust you to help us find my brother?" He snapped, not believing this shit. " After nearly getting us both killed at the hands of Zaizen?" He snuffed, as Robin tried to calm him verbally, but he just ignored the young girl's pleas " How do we know she won't give us up to SOLOMON, if they are still looking for us?"

Miho glared at Amon, as she strode up to with in feet of the man. She stopped and locked her eyes onto his.

" I am not affiliated with them any more, or anyone for that matter... I left the STN quite awhile ago." She announced. " I have been working with Nagira's project since then, and also has been his girl for almost as long... SOLOMON does not like both things either." She suddenly got emotional. " I fear that Nagira was captured by them... when Master told me you were still alive... I wanted you to help find out where Nagira was.... After being with him for so long now... well... I love him so much."

Amon was taken aback by the woman's brutal honesty, but still was a little suspicious of the once strong associate.

" It goes against my instincts for now..." He said, looking at the woman. " I will help... for my brother's sake."

Robin came up beside Amon and lightly touched his hand. With her touch, his stiffened body instantly relaxed.

" We need to do this, Darling..." Said Robin, her big green eyes looking at him lovingly. " Your brother might be in grave trouble and Miho could be a big help."

" Once again, you are my reasoning tool." He said, looking at the light golden brown haired girl., knowing she was right on this one. He hated that, and loved it all at once.

Amon just snuffed, and followed Master, who was already stepping into the house behind the gate. Robin followed slowly, as Miho walked with her.

" Darling?" She whispered, seeming a little shock with her realization. " Your dating Amon, aren't you?"

The young woman only nodded, her face suddenly turning a bright shade of crimson.

" We were married a little over a month ago." Blushed the girl. " A simple ceremony in the town we live the nearest to."

" Married?" Miho said, then smiling as she realized the girl's bashfulness meant something. " Your expecting... are you not?"

Robin blushed brighter.

"Yes." She whispered, looking at the woman. " Amon and I are expecting to have a child."

" How long along are you?" Asked a very shocked Miho.

" Two months." She said, blushing, absently rubbing her stomach as she told the woman.

Miho shook her head and led the girl into her house. It was a shock that Robin and Amon had became lovers and all, but the woman had a feeling that this was as genuine as anything she had ever known..

Robin was puzzled by the woman's reactions, but did not ask why. Something told her that the woman was surprised for more than just one reason. She followed the woman into the house in silence, knowing that they had a job to do, and that would take them all working together no matter whether there was bad blood among them or not.