Witch Hunter Robin Fan Fiction ❯ Blind Love ❯ Fear ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blind Love

Chapter 4-Fear

By Miyu

'Maybe I was right…he really doesn't want me…Oh…dear God please tell me I'm not right. Give me a sign. Anything…'

A rap was heard on the window but Robin was afraid to answer it.

'Which side of the room is the window on again?'

Suddenly a cold wind blew over her as she shivered and she could sense someone standing in the room.

"Amon?"

"You would be so lucky."

Robin gasped as she was lifted from her bed and whisked out the window. She hadn't a jacket nor proper clothes on.

'Where is he taking me? Could he be a…a witch? Why do I feel like I'm…flying?'

"For your information…I can read your mind. And you feel like you're flying probably because you are."

"I can't see anything…"

"Thanks to that 'blinding flash'."

"You mean--?"

"Hai."

"Who are you?"

"None of your business really. But if you must know, I'm a witch."

"As if I hadn't guessed that already."

"You sure are a smart one aren't you?"

Robin was sure she would never get a straight answer out of him even if she tried until she hadn't a breath left in her body. He was just one of those people, the kind that there's no point in arguing with because no matter what you never get anything out of them.

Almost like Amon…

"Only more insufferable…"she muttered, distaste in her words.

"What was that?"

Robin didn't answer. She didn't feel the need to. She had another question in mind.

"What do you want with me?"

She felt his chest heave a bit with a chuckle.

"It's not really you I want, though I will admit when I saw you I was a bit surprised at how…developed you were."

"If it isn't me you seek then who is it?"

"Let's just say I'm an enemy of one of your most dearest friends."

"Amon?"

"Bingo."

"You're happy demeanor sickens me."

"I'm glad you think so."

Robin shook her head and sighed. This man was most certainly getting on her nerves. She could only hope that Amon would come soon.

'Watch out…he's more clever than we know.'

~*~*~

"So…she's still sleeping?"

Toko nodded at Amon.

"Yes. She's still been moping around in there. Even after you left the other day."

Amon seemed to take a moment and think about it.

"I have to tell her something."

"What kind of something?"

"The STNJ won't let her go. She's already a part of it and they can't let someone who's already been part of the STNJ go. Once an agent, always an agent. That's how it works."

"Why didn't you tell her that earlier?"

"I wanted to make sure so that I wouldn't give her false hope."

"I see."

Amon had his hand on the doorknob as he looked at Toko.

"Think she'll be angry?"

Toko smiled.

"I can't see her acting that way around you."

And before she knew it Amon had gone in and shut the door behind him.

'He really does care for her.'

~*~*~

Amon saw the empty been and stared at it, stunned. She wasn't there…his Robin wasn't there. The window had blown open with the curtains blowing perilously the ground which was about 3 stories down. She couldn't have gone out there…could she?

Amon studied the window to find some sign of where she went. Maybe she left a note…or something. Anything. He soon found himself scared. Amon scared?

"But why would she…"

'It can't be.'

Amon rushed back out the door and past Toko who gasped as he left the apartment.

"Huh?"

~*~*~

He had gotten to his car and was ready to zoom off when he saw Toko running down the apartment stairs, worry written all over her face.

"A…mon. What happened? Where's Robin?"

"I…I don't know."

"You don't…know?"

For the first time in her life Toko saw fear in Amon's eyes.

"I don't want you coming along. I don't want to risk your safety."

Toko opened the door get a better look at him.

"Bring her back…alright?"

Amon nodded as Toko set her hand on his shoulder.

"I'm trusting you."

"I know."

As she pulled away he shut the door to his car and gave her one more look. It was a look that told her, he would do anything that he possibly could to get Robin back safely and he would never ever hold himself back.

~*~*~ Okay, I'm sorry guys for the late update. I've really enjoyed all the reviews you've given me. I think this is probably my most popular story. Even more than my Inuyasha one because with only three chapters I've managed this many reviews yet my other story has over 60 chapters and it has just over 340 or something. I really appreciate it and I'll try to get the next chapter out faster. I've been really busy lately with school and such. Also, I know this chapter is a bit short but it's better than nothing right? Till next time, Sayonara! ~*~*~ Miyu