Witch Hunter Robin Fan Fiction ❯ Deadly Liaisons ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

[Author's Notes: Hey again. How are you all? Well, I'm good. I've gotten exactly what I want from you all. A wide spread mix of reviews in a wide range of rude flames to constructive criticism to hyped and anticipating praise. I've taken all that you've said into mind, so thank you all, and please enjoy this next chapter. Oh, and of course, send me your critiquing as you did last time! It all helps!]

Deadly Liaisons

Chapter 2

Robin sat in the back of one of the black STNJ vans as Amon drove, still a little in shock over what had happened. She was absentmindedly staring down at her hands, smoothing out a crease in her black dress. Karasuma was next to him in the passenger seat, explaining the chances prominent of the attacker of their victim being a witch.

"First of all, the girl had no physical or internal damage whatsoever. No head wounds, no loss of blood. And the tox-screen doesn't show anything that could induce coma in her system, just a single dose of cold medication. She was coming down with a cold, but she hadn't even had it long enough to give her more than a stuffy nose."

Amon gave a slight nod. "And how exactly do we know it wasn't some kind of a reaction to the medicine?" he asked. Karasuma shut her eyes for a moment.

"When she was found she had only been out for about thirty minutes, and at that time, the medication she had taken by then was probably beginning to wear off," she replied. Amon sighed yet again. "We've dealt with witches like this before. What makes this so different?"

Karasuma shrugged a little. "When the chief called me and told me what was up…I just got this terrible vibe. And…I sensed something…hanging over you, Amon." Amon raised an eyebrow at this, but quickly disregarded it. As long as he had his gun with him, he figured, he would be fine.

A moment later, they pulled into the crowded, multi-level parking lot of the hospital. Amon quickly pulled into the first open space, negating the fact that it was marked for handicapped drivers only. All three quickly got out, heading over to the elevator. Getting into the small room, Karasuma hit the button for the first floor. With that, they went down…

*********

A young woman stood in front of a mirror that hung on the wall of a bathroom, painting pink lip-gloss onto her lips. Her bouncy red hair was tied into two pigtails, and she was wearing a rather revealing red outfit. As she tightened the bottle, her eyes widened, and she dropped her lip-gloss on the pink-tiled floor. She winced, grabbing her chest. "Dammit! Don't tell me that the energy I stole is wearing off already!" she muttered loudly.

She turned when she heard cynical laughter behind her. "Rebecca, Rebecca, Rebecca. I don't know how many times I warned you about this," a young man said gently. She turned, glaring at a young man with hair as red as hers and eyes just as green standing in the doorway, laughing to himself. "Don't think I don't know that, Yuhi!" she shouted angrily.

He laughed again. "You know that if you drain a someone's life energy with no real need you'll get dependant. You should just store it until you actually get hurt or something, then repair yourself," he started smartly, "Using it like drugs only turns you into a…junkie of sorts. Go too long without anything…and, well, let's just say you'll end up like one of the vegetables you've put in the hospital."

Rebecca glared at him in the mirror, brushing a bit of blush onto her cheeks. When she was done, she put the makeup away and turned, her black heels clicking against the floor. "C'mon, we'll be late for a gig if we don't hurry up," she said, walking past him and grabbing her black coat. Yuhi sighed, following after her.