Witch Hunter Robin Fan Fiction ❯ Robin Continues ❯ Fire, burn his Regret ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Fire, Burn his Regrets

"We're here." Amon gently woke Robin from her slumber. The silver moon was the only light provided throughout the dark area. As Robin fluttered her eyes, she saw the faint outline of Amon standing beside her, outside the car.

"Where are we?" Robin asked drowsily.

"Come on, we've got to hurry." Amon replied as he helped her onto her feet. Her legs were wobbly, not yet used to the soild ground, and her feet were still asleep. Amon turned around, and started walking, Robin followed in silence. They only walked for about 5 minutes, until Amon stopped and turned around, taking Robin by surprise.

"Amon?" Robin said while trying to figure her friend.

"Did, Nagira tell you?" Amon said with his grey eyes reflecting the moon.

"Tell me, what? What is it?" Robin said, afraid she might discover something frightening. Amon then turned around, and started to explain.

"Maria, your mother…" Amon began as Robin remembered the picture of her young mother, and then remembering her grandfather.

"She was a witch, who passed her genes into you." Amon continued as Robin carefully listened, as her sight was almost gone from the darkness.

"My mother…was also a witch." Amon said while he stared into space.

"Amon? You are a…" Robin thought as Amon began again.

"Her blood runs through me, but nothing in Nagira's." He said as if he envied his older brother.

"I'm a seed, and I still don't know when my powers will erupt fully. Her blood is a virus in me." Amon said as he stared at his palm in disgust.

"Amon, I will not ask you what your real powers are again, but just answer me this." Robin said as she walked closer to him.

"If you are Nagira's brother, and you are a seed, why didn't you tell me? Do you have to keep secrets like this from everybody?" She asked as Amon clenched his fists in regret.

"I wanted to, but I couldn't. It's just that, I hate this blood that contaminates me." He said as Robin could feel his anger, and sorrow.

"Even if you do have the blood of a witch, it's still in you, nothing can change that, so you have to accept the fact that one day you will become one yourself." Robin explained as she could feel more anger rising from him.

"That's exactly what I mean. If I do become a witch, I don't know what I will become. I will change because of that awoken power." Amon explained as Robin gazed at the moon.

"You are afraid of, what you might become, Amon?" Robin inquired with her hair blowing to the side.

"It's the regret, and the fear that drives me mad." Amon told her, as his hair blew to the side as well.

"Do not fear anything. Fear only fear itself, once you have realized this, you can't turn back, and you will not have to face the doubts of your humanity being lost." Robin told him as he still faced the emptiness. Robin then used her powers to light a stick, as a torch. As she held it up to his face, she saw that he held regret of his mother inside his grey eyes.

"Do not be consumed by darkness, Amon. Overtake it." Robin comforted him as she wanted to burn his sorrow away. She knew that even her fire couldn't do that, she couldn't burn her own grief away.