Witch Hunter Robin Fan Fiction ❯ Robin Continues ❯ Reunion ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Reunion

"I think we should get down on the road again, I'm sure whoever was after us yesterday is gone." Robin tried to persuade Amon. Amon just nodded his head in a unconscious state, even though he was half-awake.

"I'll go take a look, you can stay here." Robin told him as he dozed off again. Robin gingerly climbed down to the road, where little was left of Amon's car. As her feet touched the ground, she stood on top of the dirt, and the massive debris.

"I guess we'll have to walk from here." Robin thought as she bent down to finger the dirt through her hands. As she pondered how far it would be to the nearest city, she heard a car coming. She didn't know what to do; Amon wouldn't be there to help her this time. As it came around the corner, it turned to be a black car, so Robin thought it was the same from before. What was she to do? She only had fire powers, not teleporting powers like Amon.

The car stopped suddenly at the sight of Robin, but the person inside did not open fire, it just sat in the road. A long time passed until she heard a comforting voice.

"Robin! Is that you?" A man said as he stepped out.

"Nagira?" Robin replied while still in shock.

"Why are you out here?" Robin asked as she started to walk over to him.

"I was going to ask you the very same question. Speaking of which, I'm sure you didn't get all the way out here by yourself, so where's Amon?"

"Huh? Oh, he's up there." Robin said as she pointed upwards. Since Nagira didn't see the little `room' on the top of the rock wall, he though she meant really up there.

"I see, so, how did he die?" Nagira said as he looked down. Robin just gave him the most confused expression she had.

"What are you talking about? He's up on the cliff sleeping." Robin said as she showed him the crevice, where Amon dwelled.

"Oh, that's what you meant! You've got to be more specific, you know?" Nagira exclaimed as he came over to Robin.

"Anyways, I'm sure you need some type of transportation, so why don't lend you a ride?" Nagira offered with a friendly smile.

"Well…you see I…wouldn't know about that." She replied as she looked back to where Amon was.

"Come on, I'll go get Amon, while you go get in the car. At least until the next town." Nagira assured as he started to climb the wall. Robin obeyed, and sat in the front seat for about 15 minutes until Nagira set Amon in the back and started the car up again.

"We're going to have to go back and around, since the road is currently out-of-order." Nagira said as he backed his car up, and drove the other way.

As Nagira drove the two towards another highway, Robin thought of what Amon would do if he woke up.

"Nagira, please don't tell anyone you saw us." Robin pleaded as she looked behind at Amon.

"Don't sweat it, I can keep a promise." Nagira assured her. Robin smiled in relief. "So tell me, you do know about him, right?" Nagira said as he changed his tone. Robin nodded, and sat back into the seat.

"I was going to tell you, but it was already too late. You guys disappeared after we got out of the factory." Nagira explained as he recalled from the incident. "Everybody is really worried about you two. Despite you're disappearance, they sent us yet another replacement for you. She claims she comes from the same place you do, in Europe. Her name is Carrie Jinto." Nagira said as he caught Robin up-to-date.

"And she's another witch. She is an earth master." Robin added.

"Really? I guess so does come from where you were." Nagira confirmed.

"Here, you must be hungry, but this is all I really have." Nagira offered as he held 2 wrapped hot dogs.

"Thank you." Robin replied as she smiled. She sat on the bed where she used to sleep when she was working for Nagira. "You know, I never knew Amon could sleep this long." Robin joked before she took her first bite.

"Neither did I." Nagira joked back.

"Why were you up there anyways?" Nagira asked as he leaned back on the wall. Robin set her food down, not sure what Amon would do in her position.

"Well, we were in a bit of a desperate situation, so we had to take refuge somewhere."

"How could you climb up the cliff while a bomb went off?" Nagira inquired remembering the massive crater in the road.

"Well, you see, I…" Robin tried to cover for Amon.

"Robin…You don't have to hide anything from me. Now, how did you get to safety just in time?" Nagira asked.

"He's no longer a seed." Robin confessed as she didn't want to explain it further.

"I see, so that's how. I'll tell you what; I'll keep this a secret, it you can look out for Amon." Nagira held his hand out. Robin looked up in joy, and smiled kindly. She stuck her hand out, and made the pact. "While you're at it, put your hair back up, I liked it the other way." Nagira asked. Robin nodded her head, and started to pull her hair up in her pigtails.

"That's better, I recognize you know." Nagira laughed.

Amon woke up to Nagira's laughter, and started to rise.

"How did…" Amon started to ask Robin, but he then spotted Nagira.

"Yo." Nagira held his hand up in the air. Amon just made a small hint of a greeting, and got up.

"We should leave. I trust that you won't tell anyone about our whereabouts." Amon said as he brushed himself off.

"Don't worry, i won't spill anything." Nagira assured as he offered Amon a hot dog. Amon stared at it, as if it were some foreign object for the longest time. Finally, he took it, and stuffed it into his pocket.

"Here, give this to Michael." Amon said as he handed him a crumpled piece of paper.

"Come on." Amon muttered to Robin. She slowly got up, and bowed politely to Nagira.

"Thank you very much." Robin said, and trailed behind Amon.

As Nagira heard the heavy door close, he sat back and sighed heavily.

"Guess I was right after all, they were alive all along."