Witch Hunter Robin Fan Fiction ❯ The Beginning of an End ❯ Realization ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N Hey…this is my first ever WHR fanfic. I've recently seen the series from the DVD set I got from the library and fell in love with it^^ this story is all about the life after the collapse of the Factory and mainly sets the viewpoints on Robin. Don't forget to write a review…it makes it so much easier for me to write my stories. Thanks! ^^
P.S I kind of fast forwarded a bit on some parts, but it's not that big of a deal, hopefully.
 
WHR: The Beginning of an End
Chapter One: Realization
 
 
The immense wreckage of what once was a proud Factory lay smoking and silent in the dark night, piles of cement walls stacked in a chaotic mess. All the government officials and the police authorities had left, and they hadn't given a single effort or attempt on finding the missing bodies.
 
Robin Sena sat up, holding her disheveled and aching head. She had been sheltered under a strayed segment of a roof although she had no idea how it got here when it did. All she could remember was a bright flash of light and the feeling of a blow on her head that seemed to throw her completely off her feet. She stood up feebly, afraid of what might lay before her eyes. She felt a chill of numbness down her spine as she stared at the giant and devastating sight. Surely, none of her friends could've survived this. And Amon- Robin had lost him again.
 
She took some staggering steps forward, coughing on the thick smoky air that seeped from the piles of collapse. She landed in the dark forest that acted like a giant moat to the Factory, and faced the long stretch of the black hidden road. Just hours ago Robin had been sitting in the passenger seat with Amon, who might as well be dead along with others. Robin couldn't bear the idea of standing there alone, alive, breathing.
 
Touko, she suddenly remembered the woman who was somewhat ignorant but served as a better guardian then Robin could've ever asked. Even though she was in a hectic state as she heard from Nagira…she might know what to do. Somehow. Robin wiped the tears from her ashy cheeks and set off on the gloomy road.
 
***
 
Two weeks later
 
Michael let out a tired yawn and leaned back on his chair. He lazily watched fuming Kosaka scurry past with a phone at his ear and a finger pointing at Doujima, who was deeply immersed in her magazines. Michael turned to face Karasuma, who was looking at the latest reports.
 
“Y'know Karasuma-san, do you think Robin and Amon are really alright? I mean, is it really O.K for us to move on like this?” He was the first one after days who brought the subject up. No one here really seemed to concern so much about it, so he had kept the question to himself.
“We can't afford to spend so much time on them. But if they're alive, I'm sure they'll do just fine,” Miho Karasuma replied with a bitter smile. Michael shrugged and they both moved with their daily routines.
 
Everything at the STN-J had been pretty much chaotic, after Zaizen had disappeared at the collapse and was assumed dead. The new craft user was to arrive for a replacement before next month, which seemed to cause a lot of paper works and more and more of late-night workings. What Miho said seemed perfectly true for time's sake.
 
“I'm sure they're alive...” Michael muttered to himself under his breath, and Karasuma didn't bother to listen.