Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ 10 Shards: Just Another Mirror ❯ Spike's Mirror ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
10 Shards: Just Another Mirror

Disclaimer: Nope, don't own anything of anime nature in this or any
other of my stories unless they are my OC's, then in which case
they are mine and you must have my consent to use them.

Chapter One: Spike's Mirror

Spike has just caught the two boys that stole a magazine from Annie's shop and is reading it while
they try to get it back. Annie comes up behind them and grabs them in a headlock.

"Why you little rats! I should ring your good-for-nothing necks!" she yells at them, looking up to Spike.
"Thank you for--" her words die on her lips as she sees his face.

"Hey Annie." he says as the boys break free of her grip and take off down the street.

::A few minutes later::

They are in Annie's shop, the 'Closed' sign in the window and the shades drawn.
She pours herself a glass of whiskey and downs it, her face pale.

Spike smiles at her.

"What's wrong, Annie? You look like you've seen a ghost."he says as she pours another
glass.

"You are a ghost, you died two years ago." she downs the glass. "What're you doing here Spike?
You really will be dead if the syndicate finds you." She replies as he shrugs.

::Fast forward, you should know this part::

He picks up the gun and stuffs his pockets with 10 rounds in each pocket, the rounds holding 8 bullets a piece.

Annie hands him a mirror.

"It's said that mirror will grant one wish, it might help you in the long run."

"Ok."

"Just look into it and say: Reflect my hidden desire...and Spike? Don't get killed."

"Right Annie."

Spike grins at her as he exits the shop, getting into his ship and taking off.

Spike walked slowly up the hill towards the old, abandoned chapel.
His trench coat flapped gently in the wind. He kept thinking about recent events.
Vicious, after all this time, had reared his ugly head once again.

It was maddening how he knew exactly how to draw Spike out.
He had murdered Mao, knowing that Spike would find out and investigate.
Spike sighed. It hadn't always been this way.

Yet, somehow, this was where Spike now found himself.
It was hard to believe Vicious and he had been like brothers once.
That was before Julia…

Spike shook his head. Now wasn't the time to think about it.
As he walked slowly into the chapel, he looked around at the gothic architecture.
It looked sincerely sinister in the twilight.

He stopped as he reached the battered pews. He could hear a man's footsteps as
he walked down the aisle toward him. A man dressed all in black with white hair, stepped out from the shadows. Vicious.

A long, sinister black bird landed on his shoulder as he said,

“When angels are forced out of heaven, they become devils. You agree, don't you, Spike?”

“I'm just watching a bad dream I never wake up from.”

“I'll wake you up right now.”

“What's your rush, Vicious? After all, it's been a long time.”

Vicious laughed. “Are you pleading for your life?”

“Hardly. Begging doesn't work on you, remember? Even if it's coming from the man who took you in and made you
what you are.”

“Perhaps, but he was a beast who lost his fangs. That's why he had to die, Spike. And that's why you have to die.”

"You can't kill me, I'm like a cockroach."

"Well, I guess I'll have to squash you then."

A feminine gasp alerted Spike to Faye's presence. He drew his gun in an instant and
pointed it at the man who was holding his gun at Faye's head.

“Now, we'd like you to drop the gun.”

Spike aimed…

“What's wrong? If you don't comply…”

…and fired.

He manages to kill the guy threatening Faye and the other guy shooting at him as he told Faye to run.

They proceed to fight and end in a deadlock, Vicious' sword at Spike's throat and
Spike's gun and Vicious' stomach. Vicious growls and pulls his sword away, grabbing
Spike by the throat and lifting him into the air, despite his struggles.

"Goodbye, Spike."

He throws him out the window, but doesn't notice the grenade that Spike threw back into the window.

It explodes as Spike falls, remembering the mirror in his pocket and he pulls it out, looking into its depths.

"R-reflect my hidden desire."

It glows with an image of Julia and speaks.

"Your desire shall be fufilled, if you'll accept the consequences."

A hidden image, unnoticed by Spike, glows on the back of the mirror.

"I wish we could be together again."

He unknowingly accepts, smiling, as the darkness lingering at the edges of his vision swallow him whole.

::A few days later::

Spike wakes up slowly, groaning at the pain he feels in his chest.

"You shouldn't move Spike." someone says as he opens his eyes and looks toward the voice.

"J-Julia?"

"Mm-hmm, get some rest." she grabs his hand.

He nods, falling back asleep.

::A week later::

Spike arrives back at the Bebop, docking his ship and going into the ship, he immediately heads for the kitchen,
pushing open the door and wondering why the auto-opener isn't on.

Placating himself with the option that Jet is doing ship matinence he heads for the living room, a shish-kabob in his mouth.
However, it falls to the floor as he takes in the gruesome sight that greets him.

Faye is on the ground, blood pouring from her neck, Ed is slumped over her computer, blood also pouring
from her chest and falling onto the keyboard, making the computer hiss and sizzle. Ein is off to the side, literally split open.
All are dead, and Jet, Jet is in terrible shape, his metal arm is missing, and blood leaks profusely through his fingers as he tries to
staunch the fatal wound in his stomach. He staggers weakly toward Spike, who rushes over to him.

"Jet? Jet! Who did this to you? Tell me!" he yells, holding him up and not caring of the blood staining his suit.

Jet hacks up blood and looks up at his friend and crewmate.

"It was-It was Vicious, he says this is what you get for taking Julia, and he's gonna, he's gonna--!" he is cut off and he starts
coughing up more blood. He grips Spike's arm hard and his eyes start to glaze over.

"What Jet?! What?!" he asks, fearing the answer.

"...kill her." he replies, his eyes closing, his grip on Spike's arm goes lax and the faint beat of his heart is no more.

Spike, knowing there isn't anything he can do, opens the airlock and lets the bodies float into space.

He then rushes out and gets into the ship and takes off for Julia's district.
He arrives, landing the ship, jumping out and rushing into the house.

Julia lays on the bed, her lack of clothing evident and her hand outsretched in a forever silent for Spike to save her.
She's dead, but the corpse is still fresh due to the blood pouring from many wounds. Vicious is there also, sitting in the chair
beside the bed, he appears to have decapitated himself and the head lays on the grtound, staring up in an eternal mocking grin for Spike.

'I got revenge Spike.' it seems to say as he sinks to his knees beside the bed.

"I'm sorry Julia, I couldn't save you, should've never made that wish, and to top it off I didn't get here in time."
he says as he pulls out his gun, placing it to his temple.
"We'll be together soon." He cocks the gun.

Seconds later, a shot is heard and in the Swordfish II, the mirror gleams brightly in the moonlight.

"The wish has been fulfilled and the price paid."
It says, disappearing, and leaving lingering words.

"Wishes don't always come true."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Like it, hate it, review, review, review! For they are the life of authors!