Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ A Love Once Lost ❯ A Love Once Lost ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

 
A Love Once Lost
A Wolf's Rain fic
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Wolf's Rain or the characters. They belong to BONES. Nor do I own the song I inserted at the bottom of this fic. It belongs to Tristania, a Norwegian Goth-Metal band. I hope you think the song fits with this fic. I think it reflects Darcia and Hamona really well. If you like it, please R&R. This is my first attempt at a Darcia/Hamona fic. If I get good feedback on this story, I might try my hand at a longer story with them. Please don't flame and tell me what you think. This is my fourth attempt at a Wolf's Rain story. The only thing I claim ownership for is the story itself.
 
Nothing lasts forever…everything beautiful dies. -Anonymous
 
 
My beloved…you are now forever lost to me. It is a cruel irony that your cold, lifeless body is the only thing that greets me when I bring back the one thing that can bring you back. Never again will I hear your laughter or hear the music of your voice. Never again will I gaze into your beautiful amethyst eyes. Never again will I run my fingers through your glorious hair. Never again will I feel your tender touch upon my cheek. Never will I feel your silken lips upon mine. Never again. You are well and truly gone from this world. This plain of existence.
 
You were my only love, my life. When I watched you fall ill, my heart shattered into a thousand pieces. My soul fell into blackest despair. I would've gone to the ends of the very Earth for you…and beyond. I would defy Heaven and walk the nine circles of Hell for you if you but promised me but a single kiss. Even in death, your beauty takes my breath away. At a party, you were the snowy dove amidst a flock of vain, sycophantic crows.
 
Then again, it always did. If I were given the opportunity, I would've gladly taken your place in sickness if only to make you well again. I remember the first time we met. Your eyes locked onto mine; my breath caught and my heart skipped a beat. I knew then, that you would forever be mine. You were almost too lovely to be real. You had the face of an angel. You would have made the very angels themselves weep with envy. When I heard you speak, I almost felt I would never be worthy to hear your voice again.
 
I thought our love would last forever. What a fool I was. We Nobles are supposedly immortal beings. Perhaps I should curse the day we met. But no, no I will not. In all my long years, the all to brief time I spent with you were the happiest days of my life. Before meeting you, life held no meaning for me. With your death, I lost the greatest blessing I have ever received. Your warmth, your compassion, your smile brought out the best in me. The time we spent together may seem like an eternity to a mere mortal, but for me, it was never long enough and it never will be.
 
I remember when we danced together, I would always whisper into your ear that I would take you to Paradise someday, and you would merely answer that as long as you were in my arms, I was your Paradise. You leaned your head against my chest, over my heart, and I remember how your hair felt like silk against my skin. Your beautiful hair…it was the color of rich sunlight, now hangs limply about you, almost like a shroud.
 
Your face haunts my dreams…now and forever.
 
I will find you, again my love. My beautiful, dearest Hamona…and be forever reunited.
 
I love you, Darcia…We will meet again, in Paradise my beloved…
 
And never be apart from you again.
 
I mourn thee by dusk
I mourn thee by dawn
Crave for thy gloss
To seek the silent glades beyond
Precious a glance
Thy veils now unfold
Tearful she dances
Into this nightfall I behold
 
Grieve at night
Thy bereavement and thy loss in life
Grieve by day
Thy devotion and thy pass away
 
Beyond the veils of dawn
From where the Siren calls
 
This inside of me,
Inside of me is lost,
Inside of me at dawn
 
 
The sunset seize within as I walk
Through velvet dusk and dawn
Condemned to rise and fall
So grievous through the night she calls
The beauty I once lost
I mourn thee my beloved
 
Far beneath thy heavens lost
Where I once pale and cold
Beheld thy rarest rose... -Tristania, Wasteland's Caress
 
Fin
 
AN: Well, did ya like it? If you did, please let me know!