Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ Drifters ❯ Death of the Drifters ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
I don't own Wolf's Rain. If I did, what the hell am I doing here???

A black wolf nuzzled the snow softly, her delicate nose trying to find a scent. She raised her furry head towards the crescent moon. "Humans," she growled slightly, her lips lifting in a snarl. Another wolf joined her, his fur a golden-brown and his eyes a sharp coal black. "Kuro, we must move quickly. They are going to come after us." Kuro shook her head fiercely. "No. We must wait for Tsuki and the others, Yota." He growled angrily at the fae, crouching low to the ground. "They will catch our scent and follow." "We cannot leave them!" "I am alpha, Kuro, and I say we leave. Now." Kuro's crystal-blue eyes narrowed at Yota, and she bared her teeth. "Please, Yota, let us wait fifteen more minutes. They will come." Yota sighed, then lowered his body to the ground. "Very well then, Kuro." She stared off towards the hills where they had gone to look for food, her ears pricked up in anticipation. A young silver wolf trotted up to her and flopped down next to her in the snow. His name was Shobu, and he was a close friend of Kuro. He nudged her neck playfully. "Kuro, when are they coming back? I'm huuungry." She grinned down at the wolf. "They'll be back soon, Shobu." "What if the humans come after us?" "Then we run." Kuro licked the side of his face affectionately. "Why can't I ever hunt, Kuro? I want to help the pack also." "You can't hunt because you're still a pup. That's why I'm here. I have to babysit you." "I am not!" Shobu whined childishly. She bit his ear in pure boredom. She chuckled as he growled and nipped her back. Soon they were wrestling playfully, until Kuro finally pinned the younger wolf under her stomach, her paws crossed lazily. "Hey... Toriko," she called to another female. "Isn't that Tsuki?" The brown wolf looked up, her ears pricked. "Yeah... why is she running so fast?" Tsuki approached the pack rapidly, her tongue lolling out in fatigue. She shook the snow from her pure white fur, her violet eyes widened in wild fear. "Men... coming!" she panted heavily. "Guns... blood... Kori, Yumi, Keitaro... all dead... run!" Sixteen pairs of ears suddenly stiffened at the sound of of boots against snow. Kuro lifted her nose to the air, icy blue eyes widening in fear as she captured the scent of humans. She jumped off of Shobu and turned to the rest of the pack. "We must fly!" "But what about the other three?" "They're dead!" Tsuki screamed, already blitzing off. "Run!" The pack ran quickly just as gun shots began to be heard. One of them just barely missed Kuro's head. The whine of bullets became closer and louder. Toriko suddenly collapsed in the snow, blood matting her white and grey fur. "NO! Toriko!!" Kuro cried. "She's dead," Yota yelled. "Keep running!" Kuro obeyed the alpha, tears forming in her eyes. One by one the pack members fell, until there were only eight left running. Shobu went down with a loud yelp, the bullet embedding itself in his skull. Kuro wailed in agony and pain for her lost friend. "We can't run anymore," Tsuki panted to Yota. "We have to fight them..." The alpha agreed and turned to face the bullets, just as another next to him fell victim to the men. He attacked their pursuers viciously. Tsuki pounced on one of the men and tore at his throat, blood dripping from her teeth. (Mmm, yummy! Man flesh!) Kuro ripped another's leg, then closed her jaws on someone's head. The battle raged for hours, and finally, all the men were dead. Yota, Kuro, Tsuki, and a male wolf named Ringo were the only ones left standing. They bowed their heads in respect for their lost friends. The snow was dyed deep red, the blood of wolves and men mixing together. "We cannot stay here any longer," Yota murmured. "Give them a moment for pity's sake!" Tsuki cried, her eyes filling with tears. Yota shook his head stubbornly. "Our wounds run deep, and if any more men find us, we will surely be killed." The three nodded miserably, and began to trudge through the snow, disappearing into the silver moon-colored mist...


IC: Well? What do you think?

Ashley: Meh.

IC: "Meh"? Is that all you can say?

Ashley: No. ALPACA.

IC: Llama.

Ashley: Alpaca.

IC: Llama. (Don't ask. Inside joke.)

Koyume: Review and receive a free heaping dose of Ichigo-dono's eternal gratitude!
Converting /tmp/phpibL1b8 to /dev/stdout