Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ Drifters ❯ Breakfast Over a Pistol ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
"I'm hungry." "Shut up, you pig. You ate half our food supply." "That was two days ago!" "You ate the other half yesterday." "Oh yeah." ... "Hey, Tsume." "What?" "I'm hungry." Tsume sighed angrily and rapped the back of Hige's head. He growled angrily and rubbed the growing bump. "That wasn't very nice!" "I know." The silver-haired wolf leaned back against a rock, twirling a toothpick around in his mouth. "Kiba. Do we have anything to eat?" "No. Hige ate all our food, but if you want, I can go out hunting." "Make it fast. We're all hungry. But don't get anything for Hige." "Hey!" Kiba nodded, then took off running, his wolf form disappearing behind the distant white hills.

A fat rabbit sniffed at the snow in search of food, its pink nose twitching. Kiba's mouth watered as he stared at it, his bright yellow eyes narrowing. A loud gunshot made him start, and blood seeped from the rabbit's side. Kiba growled angrily and sniffed the air. Man. He crouched to the ground, his fur blending with the snow, his eyes only golden slits. The sound of feet shuffling through the snow mixed with the whispers of the wind. He let a low growl escape his throat, and the human gasped and turned, then aimed the gun at him. Kiba's eyes widened in shock. It was a young girl, about eighteen or so. Her hair was dark blond, barely past her shoulders, and her eyes were light blue. She was wearing black combat boots, a spiked black collar, and a black gothic dress. Her left ear held a silver hoop earring. She lowered the gun. "A wolf," she mumbled. She smiled wryly. "Why do you lower your gun? Do you not know that I could rip your human flesh to shreds in seconds if I wished?" Kiba growled. To his complete surprise, she responded. "Don't be foolish, wolf. I know you could kill me easily. Yes, I understood what you said, of course, for I am of your kind." She shifted into her true form, a black wolf with cold aqua marine eyes. Her earring glinted in the sunlight, the collar embedded in her fur. Kiba stared incredulously. "So... you are of my species." "Damn straight." "Why are you alone? Where is your pack?" "Alone?" The female wolf snorted. "Smell the air, and tell me what scent you catch." Kiba lifted his nose to the air and took a whiff of the wind. "Another female." As if on cue, a wolf came leaping down the hill after her friend. Her fur was a snowy white, rivaling Kiba's own, and her eyes were dark purple. A silver cuff circled her ankle. She landed gracefully next to the black wolf, then eyed Kiba warily. "Making new friends, Kuro, or hunting?" Her friend growled in reply. "My name is Ana, and this here is Ashley. We are the remaining members of our pack, the Drifters. Our pack members called us Tsuki and Kuro, so that is what we go by." Kiba nodded his head in reply, then regained his human form. Kuro and Tsuki followed. Tsuki was dark skinned, with long, black hair. Her eyes remained violet. She was clad in only a white midrift tube top and short denim shorts, tan combat boots, and a brown overcoat. "You took my prey," Kiba accused, lifting an eyebrow. Kuro shrugged. "Early bird gets the worm. I've been watching that stupid bunny for hours, it kept disappearing into random holes." "Is food here that scarce?" "Yep. Tsuki and I are headed towards Aku Forest." "So is my pack." "Mind if we tag along? Then we can go our separate ways." Kiba hesitated. "All right. Are you fast?" "Who got that rabbit first?" He glowered at Kuro for a moment, then motioned for them to follow. "Come on." Kuro scooped the rabbit out of the snow and slung it over her shoulder. "OK. But Tsuki and I aren't sharing the grub."


IC: How was that Rei-chan?

Ashley: Hmm... *strokes chin* You have found your inner llama.

IC: ^_^ YAY!! *claps hands* And this IS starting to become AU... so let's say it is. For some reason I forgot about Cheza while writing this, so... meh. Tell `em, Ko-chan.

Koyume: R&R or fear Ichigo-dono's spork! Insert evil laughter!

IC: ~_~' Ko-chan, you weren't supposed to read the part in parentheses.

Koyume: Gomen, Ichigo-dono. But I think they get the picture.
Converting /tmp/phpRguBQw to /dev/stdout