Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ Drifters ❯ Mmm. Bunny. ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Hige's mouth watered as he watched Kuro and Tsuki tear into the rabbit hungrily. (Mmm... rabbit flesh.) "Can't I have a bite?" Tsuki licked her bloodstained lips and glowered at him. "No. There's barely enough for one wolf, let alone three. Besides, the rest of your pack agreed that we could keep whatever prey we caught to ourselves." She returned to her half of the rabbit. A smirk flickered across Tsume's lips. "You deserve it, Hige. They're only doing exactly what you did to us." Hige dug his hands into his pockets and began mumbling to himself. Kuro snickered slightly and licked her fingers. She lay back against a snow bank and began gnawing on a bone. "That's the first meal we've had in days, isn't it, Tsu?" The girl responded by crunching loudly into one of the bones. "Why is that?" Toboe asked, lying on his stomach. Tsuki stopped chewing on her bone and lowered her eyes. "We didn't have the energy. Our wounds were too severe, and all the animals kept away when they saw our blood on the snow." "You were wounded? Why?" "Because of men. They killed off our pack. There were four of us left, but the other two were caught in snares made by humans." She tossed the bone away. "We're the only ones left." "Oh... I'm sorry." She ruffled Toboe's hair playfully. "No worries, kid." He grinned at the newcomers. "So how long are you guys staying with us?" "All these questions! We'll just follow you guys until we reach the end of the forest. Then we'll go our way and you'll go yours. We hope we can meet another pack we can join up with at our destination." "Where's that?" Kuro and Tsuki glanced at each other uneasily. "In time you will come to know, little one," Kuro replied, and Toboe took this as an end to the topic. He saw Kiba's returning form, two rabbits in his mouth, and began wagging his tail like an excited puppy. "Hey, Tsume! Hige! Kiba brought us back some food!" "Really?!" Hige cried, jumping to his feet. He bounded towards Kiba excitedly, then his grin faded. "Two rabbits for the four of us?" "Be thankful we even have something to look at," Kiba snapped, dropping the rabbits in the snow. "I already ate my share, the rest of you dig in." Tsume, Hige, and Toboe fell upon the rabbits greedily, making hungered noises. The two faes watched indifferently, Tsuki sitting on her haunches, Kuro laying her head on her paws. "You boys need to learn some manners," Tsuki mumbled. "Look who's talking," Hige shot back. The white wolf lifted her lips in a grin. "What can I say? I was raised by wolves."


IC: *mouth watering* Blooood...

Ashley: O_O Chi-chan?

IC: Hai?

Ashley: Stop.

IC: OK.

Ashley: R&R.
Converting /tmp/phpN1CkJ5 to /dev/stdout