Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ Drifters ❯ Hige+Hunger=Chaos ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Toboe rolled in the snow happily, icy flakes clinging to his auburn fur. Tsuki soon joined in the romp, Kuro watching in slight interest. She shook her head and sighed. "Those two..." "Let them enjoy the small things in life," Kiba said, smiling as he watched the two. "They're just having some fun." "Life isn't all fun and play, Kiba. We lost the only family we have and here she is rolling in the snow like a pup. Sometimes I wonder if nothing fazes her." She snorted. Kiba frowned thoughtfully. " Maybe it's her way of letting things go and dealing with the future," Hige suggested, shrugging. Kuro turned to him angrily, her blue eyes flashing. "How can she let go of her past, her loved ones, her own being? I just don't understand." The two males glanced at each other and fell silent. "Let's go, puppies," Tsume barked, his ears flattening against his head in annoyance. Tsuki stood from the snow sadly, shaking the flakes from her fluffy coat. "Fwuh. Call me puppy again and I'll eat your fingers one by one and feed the others to Hige." "Did you say 'Hige' and 'feed'?" the gluttonous wolf asked, his ears pricking up. She swatted at his head with her paw. "Anyways, Tobi and I were just having some fun. I'm really gonna miss the snow." "And the bitter cold," Kuro mumbled. "And the biting wind and the frostbite and the scarcity of food and the men with guns--" Tsuki growled at her in annoyance. "Well. Off we go." She skipped merrily towards the distant shape of trees. "What about my food?!" Hige cried in exasperation, running after her. "You said you'd feed Hige! Hige's hungry! Tsuki? TSUKI!"

IC: Haha. Hige. Feed.

Hige: *tackles IC* FEEEEED!!

IC: MEEP! *runs away*

Koyume: ^_^' R&R minna-san!
Converting /tmp/php1xnDdn to /dev/stdout