Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ Haven Reawaken: Wolf's rain/ Restart ❯ Chapter 7

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Repent / Part twO



The hysterical cries from Brute's shop made Tsume reluctant to approach.

The cops had already left with Tsume's profile and Liana's corpse, and had left Brutus to mourn alone. Even Tsume couldn't deny the remorse and regret that filled him after Liana's death.

He sat outside the shop in wolf form to avoid conflict, but part of him wished he could run inside and confess everything, despite how crazy it would sound, and despite how Brutus would try to slaughter Tsume with his own hands.

Tsume could only think of one thing to do; cry.

It was a wolven cry, but it was filled with remorse, doubtless. Tsume cried and cried, until Brutus managed to drag his drunken body outside.

"Shut up you damn hound!" Brutus shouted, throwing a beer bottle at the canine that sat outside his shop. Of course, he was drunk and had poor aim, so the bottle only flew over Tsume's head and shattered on the ground behind him.

Brutus stared at the creature, and Tsume continued to howl.

"Oh god...just shut up...please...no amount of either of us crying is gonna bring my baby back." Brutus sobbed, collapsing onto the steps of the shop, laying against the concrete and sobbing.

Tsume stood up, cautiously approaching Brutus and sitting near him. Not enough to make physical contact, but enough to make Tsume feel at least a little bit sympathetic towards Brutus.

"She was my baby...The only thing I had left besides this damn shop. Her mother left me so long ago. Liana was all I had of worth." Brutus rambled, Tsume sitting and listening patiently. It was the least he could do...

"And then...she had to go and mess around with that bastard Tsume! I told her he was bad news! She could have done much better!" Brutus shouted furiously, tearing at what black hair he head left on his balding head. Tsume didn't even look up.

It was partly true. Liana was a beautiful young girl, and even though Tsume could have never fallen in love with her, so many other guys could. Would, even. She had mixed herself up in the wrong person, and he had her killed just for the sake of his memories.

Brutus whimpered, murmering obscenities softly and rubbing his sweaty, tear-stained face.

"There is nothing left for me." Brutus cried, standing shakily and walking into the dark shop. Tsume, forgetting the nature of his appearance, followed him in curiously. What would Brutus do now?

The butcher reached into a box piled behind the working counter, and pulled out a cold, black gun.

Tsume felt himself tense up, and immediately began growling at the gun. Brutus glanced down at him, scoffing.

"What do you care? I'm not shootin' you, damn dog." Brutus sat down and stared at the gun for a moment, Tsume stepping over and watching him.

Brutus looked at Tsume, and they caught eachother's glances.

"Something about you reminds me of Tsume." He stated suddenly, and Tsume's fur bristled.

'He can't really find me out, can he? I should be safe like this...Right?' Tsume wondered, flinching and pinning his ears to his head as Brutus reached out and laid his heavy hand against Tsume's head.

"I've got nothing left to lose. This shop was goin' to the shitter with or without Liana. And Tsume...that fool didn't belong here anyway." Brutus murmered, pulling back the hammer and bringing the barrel to his temple. Tsume backed up quickly.

"I don't hate him. Liana was a naive girl. She's in a better place than this dump city anyway. Maybe I'll see her again, somewhere. I'm gonna go see my baby..."

Tsume was already halfway down the street when the shot rang out and echoed into the city, into Tsume's own wracked mind. He just couldn't fathom it. Brutus was dead, Liana was dead. All for the sake of Tsume's memories. Was he really so selfish? He didn't wish for them to die...

The gray wolf stopped in the middle of the street and stared down at the gravel. How many more would die for him?

"No. No one else is going to suffer for me. No one else will die for my sake. I swear that." Tsume growled.

"I swear on this damned city, no one else will die for me."